i hate cocaine

coke affair

I'm getting married in 6 months and am very happy about it. My fiance has all the qualities I have been looking in a guy. He's smart, kind, successful. He's a successful lawyer, in case I get posts saying that only losers take drugs. He sure isn't the stereotype of a loser. One other good thing about him: I have a big "trust issues" from former relationships but he has never given me a reason to worry about him being unfaithful. I mean, in the end we never know but I have never seen him flirt with a woman, or not answering his phone or I have never noticed him lying or being elusive about something.

He's a good guy.

With one flaw: when he meets his old friends about three times a year they do some coke together. All his friends are married and from what I can gather make good husbands. Also with them I have never noticed any bad behaviour but I still hate the thought that they take drugs and drink a lot occasionally.

I didn't exagerate before when I said that my future husband is perfect in any respect. So, I don't want to throw this relationship away for three nights a year but it does bug me IMMENSELY and I don't know what to do! It is usually sheer hell when I know that he's out with these guys while I'm at home worrying!

anyone has an idea!?

Angelina1433

If you are concerned (as it sounds you are), I'd definately talk to him about it. Let him know how much you are concerned about him and ask him not to participate. If he really loves you, he'll stop - or if he wants to stop but can't, he'll agree to get help.

Have you talked to him about it? Don't be afraid to. It will only help him. Not only could lose his freedom (jail), but he could lose his licence to practice, YOU, or his life. Not worth the nose candy.

• 3 months later...

I understand where you're coming from. I have this perfect guy, with one problem. In our minds, because we dont use the drug, we know there is something wrong with this. In there minds, it's harmless fun.

You must love him alot, same as I love my boyfriend, but am not sure if I should really be involved with someone who uses drugs occasionally.

Have you told him how you feel about it? Try to do it. I know it is difficult, because you dont want to seem overbearing, or like you're infringing on his fun. I wish you the best of luck, and hope that we can learn from each other.