So close and so far...

So, I haven't ran this person for more 1.5 month or almost 2 months. I was pretty sure he left. so I decided to walk around the floor, even though I had no reason to walk to those places and there he was sitting there looking at the screen. Still don't know his name and familial status.

can't believe such a small floor can house so many people. and can never see someone for a long long time.

anyway, so he doesn't have his own office, so it seems. I, at least have 4 walls. so, maybe I am even 1 level higher in the ladder than him? even I am by no means in any senior position.

Will that be reason enough to prohibit a man from wanting you?

on the other hand, this person whom I mentioned praise my blouse constantly running around the floor. and he just asked my drink a couple hours ago, even I just got the water. He probably 2 levels higher than me. no sure if he is like that with anyone though.

Funny how life works for me.

If you want to date people in the Metoo age, and as a plus, one of your office mates, know the consequences of a relationship going south.

If you really want to get to know him, flirt with him and start dropping hints to whatever level is comfortable to you. He's probably not actively seeking you out because of Metoo and fear of professional reprimand.

• Author
If you want to date people in the Metoo age, and as a plus, one of your office mates, know the consequences of a relationship going south.

If you really want to get to know him, flirt with him and start dropping hints to whatever level is comfortable to you. He's probably not actively seeking you out because of Metoo and fear of professional reprimand.

There are so many teams, so many level of hierarchies in the space. does it still count as office mates?

sigh...I probably need to leave the organization anyway, can't stand this person who is one level higher than me in the team. Then 'game' over.

If you leave a job because one person is bloody annoying you will never find a happy workplace. There will always be workplace politics. Just consider that before you really resign.

If you would like to chase this guy, have at it. Just remember the consequences if things go south; dates at work are a little less benign than dates everywhere else. Gossip and rumors can spread.

Will that be reason enough to prohibit a man from wanting you?

I doubt the fact you have walls is the reason he doesn't want you. It's far more likely that he simply isn't into you.

Have you considered that it's rather presumptuous to wonder why someone wouldn't want us? If anything, the question is more about why they *would* want us. I'm not being negative....just realistic about the fact that very few men and women have everyone of the opposite gender desiring them.

Edited by basil67

Or he's smart enough to not poo where he eats. Nothing worse than a failed romance between workmates. Either that or he's simply not interested in you romantically.

• Author
I doubt the fact you have walls is the reason he doesn't want you. It's far more likely that he simply isn't into you.

Have you considered that it's rather presumptuous to wonder why someone wouldn't want us? If anything, the question is more about why they *would* want us. I'm not being negative....just realistic about the fact that very few men and women have everyone of the opposite gender desiring them.

did I say that's the one reason he doesn't want me?

I simply asked if that's reason enough for someone not to wanting someone.

where did I indicate anywhere that everyone of the opposite gender will like me?

you are the one who is presumptuous of me. I didn't make those assumptions.

and where did I say I am sure he is into me?

there is not need for you to put me down at all.

Happy Lemming

Now that you know the location of where the "mystery man" is... Can you put yourself in that area of the building from time to time?? If so, next time you see him, introduce yourself.

• Like 1
did I say that's the one reason he doesn't want me?

I simply asked if that's reason enough for someone not to wanting someone.

where did I indicate anywhere that everyone of the opposite gender will like me?

you are the one who is presumptuous of me. I didn't make those assumptions.

and where did I say I am sure he is into me?

there is not need for you to put me down at all.

It just stuck me as a bizarre question. Most of the time, if someone doesn't chase you it's simply because they aren't interested.

• Author
Now that you know the location of where the "mystery man" is... Can you put yourself in that area of the building from time to time?? If so, next time you see him, introduce yourself.

I am wondering what's attraction? is it reliable? or something transitory? or just momentarily chemical reaction?

what if he turn out nothing I imagine? sigh...

It can be any of the things you described. If you want to describe it that technically, it is indeed a momentary hit of dopamine/ oxytocin inside the brain. But you won’t know his true feelinigs until you try to find out. Most men aren’t as good at reading hints as women hope for them to be.

Happy Lemming
I am wondering what's attraction? is it reliable?

what if he turn out nothing I imagine? sigh...

Based on your previous threads/posts, your attraction to the "mystery man" has not wavered, so I think we can assume you find him attractive. That would be "reliable", in my opinion.

You'll never know what will "turn out" with this gentleman, unless you follow through and attempt to meet him. Introduce yourself, chit-chat a bit, gauge his reaction.

• Like 1