Stalkers

seranade_u_silly

I have a problem that has arisen fairly recently.

I got a phone call from a girl claiming to have seen me somewhere.

Apparently she thought I was 'hot' and that she thought we could hook up somewhere for drinks. Seeing the funny side and not believing a word of it, I laughed my ass off for the entire conversation's duration. It seemed strange that she would call from a private number and that everytime I asked her a question about who she was, she would hesitantly answer and then banter off again about how much money she has, the car she drives, her successful modelling career and all this other stuff.

STALKER was my first thought.

I asked her how she got my number and she said that she knows somebody who knows me. I asked for the name of this person and the name she gave was familiar although I don't recall ever giving that person my number. I ended the phone call by telling the girl that I'm not the type of guy to go on a date with a girl I've never met or even seen before and maybe if I spoke to her more often or somehow happened to see her somewhere we could work something out. She said she'll call me again and she hasn't called since.

Realising this, I established the variables and broke down the most likely few. My assumption is that she was just some chick - an enraged ex playing a trick on me to get me back or something but I also toyed with the ideas of this girl being genuinely attracted to me and being a genuinely attractive person herself. The latter ideas irked me and I realised that I may have turned away THAT girl.

Has this ever happened to anybody before? If so have you ever followed through? Are they what they say? How should I deal with this? Have I made a mistake? Have I done the right thing? Is there a set pattern to this whole secret admirer coming out with it thing? Should I be in fear of my life here? LOL

Somebody please shed some light on this situation. I'm getting a little vexed here.

Originally posted by seranade_u_silly

but I also toyed with the ideas of this girl being genuinely attracted to me and being a genuinely attractive person herself.

Ewww. Doesn't sound so good to me. Even if she is cute. Cute ain't so cute if they're a weirdo.

Creepy's not in style for 2005. Let it go, man. :shudder:

I had a stalker about 8 months ago. At 1:30am I heard a knock on the door, but, being in a sleep induced state, I could have dreamed it and I went back to sleep. When I went out the door the next morning a note fell to the ground. It had all kinds of nasty wording on it ( jerk, you suck, dead beat, but the one that really got my attention was the word DIE ) and I thought someone got the wrong place and I threw the note away. Well, a couple of days later I got another knock. I went to the door and looked out the peep hole and saw someone I didn't know standing there. I hollered out and asked who they were. They did not reply but kept knocking. I told them I wasn't going to open the door and if they didn't leave I would call the police.

About a week later I heard another knock ( again at 1:30am ). I got up and it was the same girl. I called the police but she left by the time they got there. I don't think they believed me when I told them a girl 3was stalking me. I kinda got the run-around.

Anyway, it stopped after that for probably a month. Then I got a phone call from a gal I had seen in a club and we were talking and I told her of the stalker I had. She seemed interested and I told her all that had transpired. She then called me a week later and again asked me if the stalker had returned? I said no and she finally admitted to being the stalker. I was floored. I asked her way and she said she was drunk and wanted sex. I told her it wasn't funny and I had called the police and she then started to change her story and say she was just kidding and she really wasn't the stalker.

I am telling you to keep your guard up and don't take it lightly. You never know about the actions of some people. Just be aware.....

Definately sounds like a stupid prank.

My friend had a guy follow her off the bus one day. He told her that he thought she was gorgeous and wanted her number. She did have a relationship with him in the end.

It can work both ways. I don't think it's any different to meeting someone in a club. If you feel a spark then why not go for it? That person may just be "the one". If the risk is worth it, bite the bullet and go for it.

*Merin is now thinking of the song by Goldfinger I want to marry my stalker* :confused:

I think someone is messin with you.. could be an EXGF, could be a girl you know that is pissed if you didn't show her interest.. Eh who knows?

I probably wouldn't give it to much thought UNLESS ya know you find some whack ass sleeping on your front porch, looking in your window, going through your mail or trash.. then yeah safe to go ahead and panic :eek::laugh: