The Like/Love/Friendship of Couples.

I keep hearing this phrase when I hear people that are in relationships should follow. Even though you love your partner. It's also important to like them as well.

Also, its good to be friends with your spouse as well. So why do you all think that we need that in love relationships to survive?

If Like and Friendship don't exist, then what would that relationship look like.

To me those things are as important as any other maybe even more so.

look at it this way.

lmagine if your n love with your partner but you don't really like them. lt's possible believe me and makes being together pretty effd up in the end if you aren't like minded.

There's not much nicer than watching the one you love and chuckling to yourself at things they do and who they are , because you just dig it, you dig them.

Where as not liking or loving who they are then your thinking all this shyt that your just not meant to think about someone your suppose to be in love with.

Being friends, best friends to me is also one the most important things. lt's not only to me essential but it's also just cool , just really cool.

Without those things it would end up pretty cold and hopeless in the end , like some kind of effd up business deal.

I can't begin to imagine what it's like to love someone who I don't like. If I start to dislike them, then my love will fail.

Why wouldn't a person initially like everyone they meet? Why wouldn't a person attempt to get along with all people? I do this, but

It is a mystery.

You can't win them all I guess!

• 4 weeks later...

Hard to imagine being in love with someone you don't like, but the feeling of being in love often/usually fades in time. After years together you can get to a point where you love your partner but no longer have friendship and don't really like them. It means you care about them but you don't really get along, or they just annoy the hell out of you, perhaps you no longer have anything in common.

So why do you all think that we need that in love relationships to survive?

If Like and Friendship don't exist, then what would that relationship look like.

I don't know that my wife and I have been "in love" for the entirety of our 30 plus-year marriage, there's been some ups and downs. But we have been "in like" the whole time, there's no one I'd rather fight life's battles with. The glow can come and go, but the bond of friendship and shared history is what endures...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2

How do you even love someone you do not like? If that were the case, you are probably loving the wrong thing about that person, such as their looks, money, or sex. I just imagine it as a, "I hate you, but you have so much money," type of deal. lol

And friendship? Ha, regardless of who or what you want to call your, "friend," if you cannot even do "friendly" things with your spouse, one would have to wonder how you are even together in the first place.

It does not matter what you call it. It comes down to what you do.

If you don't like someone you're in love with then I'd say you are a victim of some type of slavery, slave to your physical attraction to this person or slave to their money or what ever else makes you emotionally dependent of them. So conclusion what you identify as 'love' in fact isn't.