Does he like me?

I work with a really nice guy and people say he likes me more than just friends

Last weekend we went out with work, I wasn't 100% in going, he said to come and he'd get me a way out if I didn't like it. I asked for he menu where we was meant to eat. I couldn't eat there because I'm gluten intolerant. He said he would take me where I wanted to eat. If I wanted a burger in a GF bun he'd find a place. We went thai, he wouldn't take money off me and paid for everything. Let me order what I want, said I wanted muscles, we got muscles. Someone told me he hates shellfish. He got me any drink (He didn't drink) I wanted, we played a few games of bowling and let me win (He is actually quite good at the game). At the end of the night he drove me home and made sure I got in okay.

During the week at work things were good, I got a new company phone and joked I really wanted a glitter case. The next day one turns up for me from Amazon. and this weekend I went to another town to see some friends, they ditched me and I left my house keys back home and my parents are away. I was telling him that I'd have to see if my gran was in and stay there, He wasn't having any of it and come and picked me up (again refused petrol money) and letting me stay at his until my parents get back. I really don't feel awkward here. its nice. He is lovely to me. He won't take any money for food or for letting me stay. This evening when we got back he got us some food and told me to put any film I want on.

He always looks out for me, if I get upset or angry he is always there.

Are people right and he does like me as more than friends?

It seems pretty obvious to me. Either that, or he is gay and really likes you as a person and likes having a close female friend. He pays special attention to you and what you like. If you like him too and would like him as a boyfriend, then respond positively.

I would keep it quiet at work though in case they have policies against dating colleagues. Thankfully, my workplace in the UK doesn't (surely it would be an infringement of human rights anyway?). I believe it is not unusual for there to be restrictions in the US though.

• Author
It seems pretty obvious to me. Either that, or he is gay and really likes you as a person and likes having a close female friend. He pays special attention to you and what you like. If you like him too and would like him as a boyfriend, then respond positively.

I would keep it quiet at work though in case they have policies against dating colleagues. Thankfully, my workplace in the UK doesn't (surely it would be an infringement of human rights anyway?). I believe it is not unusual for there to be restrictions in the US though.

I'm in the UK too. The only policy we have at work is if we are the same team or he is my supervisor (or me his!) we are the same grade on different departments, We work close with each other on some projects.

I know he isn't gay, He split from his girlfriend 6 months ago and I split from my boyfriend 2 months ago. But he has always been this way with me. On work nights out he always looked after me. I think I told him last saturday I loved him but I can't remember!

This morning he brought me breakfast, all my favourites and gluten free bread (he went out and found somewhere that sold it!)

I wouldn't know how to approach this with him without potentially offending him if he just likes me as a friend.

What would be the best way to approach this?