OMG...Kill me...

Springsummer

Woke up this morning with my left eyelids still swelling and itching. so I thought I need to go to the doctor and take a sick leave, since I am entitled to some paid sick leaves but I have never taken one this year.

but, I have an unfinished business yesterday at work. so I thought I could go back and finish it in a few minutes and then can also tell my colleague in person I am taking leave, since I am living a short distance away from work.

so didn't bother with BB cream, liptstick or highheel or anything because I was seeing doctor and stay at home. I thought it will be quick and I didn't really think about that person anymore, because I had never ran into him since last Monday, thought maybe he left the place for good?

lo and behold, I left the elevator and pushed the door and he was walking toward the door and looked at me straight in the face attentively.

I feel like screaming! with my swollen eye! don't look at me! I think I look absolutely shabby and ugly at the moment.

Only if I walked 2 second faster...I could have turned the other way already instead of being looked at.

Just yesterday I had some makeup on and was taking any chances to walk around the floor...

You really place too little faith in him & too much stock in superficial looks. If you honestly think that a man won't like you because you didn't wear make up or heels to work when you were sick, he's not a man worth having.

I hope you feel better

• Like 1

Was the "he" your crush or your husband? Am I wrong in recalling you are married?

Hope your eye gets better

Happy Lemming

Sometimes you just can't win...

So you looked like a cross between Quasimodo & Igor??

I still think (once your eye heals) that you introduce yourself to this gentleman and attempt to strike up a conversation, next time you see him.

When someone likes you or is attracted to you, he's not going to care about little things like that.

Does he think that you wear makeup and heels to bed too? And that you'll one day wake up in bed next to him wearing makeup and heels?

C'mon.

When I first read the title and before I clicked to open this thread, I thought something catastrophically tragic had happened.

• Author
Springsummer
Was the "he" your crush or your husband? Am I wrong in recalling you are married?

Hope your eye gets better

This thread is basically for the people who saw my previous thread. otherwise, you won't get the 'fun' part of this thread.

NO. you are mistaken. I am perpetually single.

• Author
Springsummer
Sometimes you just can't win...

ya, haven't seen him for almost 2 weeks. I was wondering if I will ever see him again. then in the least wanted moment...

• Author
Springsummer
You really place too little faith in him & too much stock in superficial looks. If you honestly think that a man won't like you because you didn't wear make up or heels to work when you were sick, he's not a man worth having.

I hope you feel better

Honesty, I myself don't even like to look at the mirror...that's the problem.

This thread is basically for the people who saw my previous thread. otherwise, you won't get the 'fun' part of this thread.

NO. you are mistaken. I am perpetually single.

My mistake, sorry about that.

Honesty, I myself don't even like to look at the mirror...that's the problem.

The you need to do things to improve your own self esteem. Until you like yourself nothing will be good in your life.

• Author
Springsummer

Apparently, I don't care if how I look at all when it comes with other people. Like this male colleague of mine of certain age. He is relatively new, so I am not sure what's his status. probably single coz never heard him talk about family.

anyway, so after I talked to him about leaving. I asked him if he saw my swollen eye, he said can't see clearly, not really. so I moved really close to his face and lower my eye glasses and make sure he saw my eye was swollen. God, now I think that's probably not appropriate. (Doctor said it's virus infection, just let it heal itself)

Man and man is not the same. this colleague is gender neutral to me, while this guy, the look of him makes me feel lust.

• Author
Springsummer
The you need to do things to improve your own self esteem. Until you like yourself nothing will be good in your life.

Life is strange. when I was young and in my home country, I felt very good about my look and like my facial features.

now, I don't like how I look in photos. Not sure why. Maybe age and I see more people and have more people to compare to.

Look is illusion, because it can change and is precarious.

I get feeling uneasy due to aging. I still think I look OK but then I see a picture & get horrified. Photos remind me of how much extra weight I'm carrying as I learn to dress for my "new" middle aged body. But men still flirt with me; my husband still tells me I'm attractive. All in all I don't act different so I don't feel all that different.

You have to find some way to make peace with your present self through something other than makeup & clothes. Yes when you dress up you feel good but recreate that positive sense of self when you are dressed casually. It's impossible to do that when you are sick because ah. . geee. . . you are sick. But otherwise just adopt a more confident attitude & your inner beauty will shine through

• Like 1