Men, which dating site have you......?

I'm curious to hear from the men on here. Which dating sites have you had the most luck finding a relationship material woman on? It can be a paid or a free site.

Of course, it goes without saying that you would have had to have the same profile and pictures on the ones you'd tried.

ALL of my relationships that were serious I met In Real Life (IRL). On occasion I have used Match.com with little success. ALL of the women I met off Match lasted 3 dates or less. I did meet some women on Match that I had sex with on the first date but those were far from "relationships"...

• Author
ALL of my relationships that were serious I met In Real Life (IRL). On occasion I have used Match.com with little success. ALL of the women I met off Match lasted 3 dates or less. I did meet some women on Match that I had sex with on the first date but those were far from "relationships"...

That's what I thought. I tried online dating a year ago. Nothing serious came of it. In the meantime, I tried meeting women out and about. Nothing came of it. Got back online and it seems to be the same old bs.

And like you said, my long-term relationships were with women I had met in real life.

• Like 1
  • Author
There is this huge dating site that is completely free called the real world offline.

That's news to me. See, I'm glad you took the time and effort to post that response. Otherwise, I'd be left in the dark here wondering...................

Thanks!

It may be an age thing or limited social circles, but in the year and a half since my divorce that I have been 'back in the game', I've met no women outside of dating sites - zero - nada. On the other hand, I've averaged a little more than one woman per month met online. More of these meetings have come through match.com than through all other sites combined.

• Author
It may be an age thing or limited social circles, but in the year and a half since my divorce that I have been 'back in the game', I've met no women outside of dating sites - zero - nada. On the other hand, I've averaged a little more than one woman per month met online. More of these meetings have come through match.com than through all other sites combined.

I get the impression that the bell curve is skewed against those between the ages of 28 and 42. Online/offline. It's probably easier in a major city; then you have more options.

I'll look into Match.com. Can't hurt I suppose.

I'll look into Match.com. Can't hurt I suppose.

if nothing else Match does have the largest selection of people. probably due to their constant advertising on TV

but the real key is to keep your expectations very low

Edited by alphamale
added last sentence

dunno why but l've always been fascinated with this whole finding someone thing , not single but it still fascinates me , glutton for punishment l spose.

l only used one for a short stint 2 stints come to think of it. But if you;ve got good pickers l was amazed at who was on it among all the other stuff you hear about date sites , loads of all of that too and all over google like all the others,

Oasis . Not sure if it's there or just locally here it's just a free one .

Pretty good site imo lot of genuine people on it among all the crap if you can spot them, just hoping to find someone spesh.

Edited by Chilli
Which dating sites have you had the most luck finding a relationship material woman on? It can be a paid or a free site.

I got most dates from POF.

I got the best response rate on OKC but finding a good match was much more difficult.

Of course, it goes without saying that you would have had to have the same profile and pictures on the ones you'd tried.

No that doesn't go without saying at all, because the boxes that each site gives you are totally different.

OKC for example has boxes for your 6 favourite things, where you can be found on a typical weekend etc, whereas POF has a big blank box. Potentially you could copy/paste your OKC profile into POF but that just looks totally lame. It makes more sense to tailor your profile to the site as much as possible.

if nothing else Match does have the largest selection of people. probably due to their constant advertising on TV

but the real key is to keep your expectations very low

Largest selection, yes. Due to advertising, no so sure. I 'prefer' match (it still sux in many ways) because of features. I think features influence whether people use a particular site.

I've tried match, POF, OKC, ourtime, zoosk, eharmony, and elite (and briefly 'looked at' Tinder before 'walking away'). To a large extent I see all the same women on all the sites. If I were to make a Venn diagram, match would have the biggest overlap. The two features that are specific to match that help me the most are:

- Mutual Match percentage: Match gives me 400-1000 'hits' on my currently configured search depending on the distance radius I set (The big number is at 33 miles but that appears to be an 'as the crow flies' distance. Setting it that high 'pulls in' a couple of specific communities where several desirable women live.). Even 400 hits is 'a lot' to deal with. Match gives me a Mutual Match percentage to put those hits in order, helping me decide who to contact.

- Selectable common interests: Match has several dozen 'check boxes' for people's interests, things like hiking, dancing, movies. Since I'm interested in dating relationships with women who share my particular interests, having a selectable list rather than depending on the women mentioning their interests in free-form writing helps me 'pick'.

I met my fiance on OKC.

I'd tried a couple, and luckily for me I'd always met good people. As I grew older my social circle, and and pool of available women seemed to shrink. . Dating sites are really helpful for those of us over 45 with busy lives imo.

Dating sites or real life is a game of chance. With dating sites though, you have higher odds simply because of more chances. You don't run into that many single available people looking to date just wandering the street :)

• Author

Not to brag, and perhaps most men have had the same experience in life: When I was younger, in my early 20s, women used to flock to me. I could have my pick of anyone. So many possibilities.

Fast forward and I'm finding myself chasing after women, looking under every rock trying to find someone decent and it's turning into a full time job.

No one tells you this stuff when you're young. Like I said, maybe it's just my experience, but ....WTF?

Sure, I understand, people's priorities change over time. But I think I still look the same as I did when I was in my early 20s. Older, for sure, but it's still the same face. Most of them are married by now. I wish I had game when I was young and knew what I was doing.

Perhaps it's the difference between young people going through the exploration phase and then later on wanting to settle down. Different considerations are at play during the two phases.

OK, I went off on a tangent there.

Has anyone heard of or tried Happen? https://www.happn.com/en/

Edited by Logo
I wish I had game when I was young and knew what I was doing.

you and me both....when I was 25 I had tons of good looking chicks wanting to marry me. i didn't know what to do with them