Do some girls become distant during their period?

Girl's Behavior

Hi all! my girlfriend is on her period right now she is very distant these days. She doesn't text me at all like she used to or she just leave me on read, she doesn't seem excited about anything not even to see me. She is rather quiet, moody, stressed or just want to cuddle when im with her and it just doesn't feel the same. Does this sound like something you have experienced and is this normal behavior? Thanks

Periods affect every girl differently. I didn't like socializing much when on my period before, still don't. My hormones go into overdrive during it, though, so I still love cuddling and hanging out with my (soon-to-be? haha) boyfriend.

I would say that this is normal, especially if she's experiencing bloating, cramps and nausea which can come with a period.

• Like 1
Sarah_Smiles

Have you not been together more than a month? Saying this because wouldn't you have noticed if it was her period/hormones over several months not just all of a sudden? my period doesn't really change my moods but when sick, that makes me want to be more alone until feeling better. Are you worried something else is going on?

• Like 1
Girl's Behavior

Hi all! my girlfriend is on her period right now she is very distant these days. She doesn't text me at all like she used to or she just leave me on read, she doesn't seem excited about anything not even to see me. She is rather quiet, moody, stressed or just want to cuddle when im with her and it just doesn't feel the same. Does this sound like something you have experienced and is this normal behavior? Thanks

PMS what they call it. But yeah some woman will act like you said some will not. Some won't have sex and some will have sex Some won't do much with you and always in pain. Best get her some Midol to ease the pain. That is merely a lot of caffeine and some pain killers.

• Like 1
  • Author
Have you not been together more than a month? Saying this because wouldn't you have noticed if it was her period/hormones over several months not just all of a sudden? my period doesn't really change my moods but when sick, that makes me want to be more alone until feeling better. Are you worried something else is going on?

she's been my girlfriend more than a month now, she had her periods before but never really acted like that and now she is on her period, I'm asking my self if its because she is on her period that she act like the way she is now or I did something wrong but yesterday I had a date with her and everything was fine but she looked tired and not in a good mood since then she doesn't even message me at all or she just leave me on read.

Edited by Vista412
she's been my girlfriend more than a month now, she had her periods before but never really acted like that and now she is on her period, I'm asking my self if its because she is on her period that she act like the way she is now or I did something wrong but yesterday I had a date with her and everything was fine but she looked tired and not in a good mood since then she doesn't even message me at all or she just leave me on read.

Leave her be, wait for her to contact you.. We men go to sit back when they're on PMS.

• Like 1

Growing up in a house of 3 females and past life with the ex I gave kept a wide birth for survival purposes. My current wife there yes was the obvious pain and discomfort but otherwise I or anyone could not tell by her demeanor.

Sarah_Smiles

Sometimes with compound life stressors happening around the time of the month ... it can cause the period to be worsened /heightened and make you feel worse and this may be happening with her. If you did something wrong to upset her, would hope instead of internalizing it she would address it with you directly and you both can work it out together. Check-in with her again after her period ends and see how she is feeling then. No point worrying about something you may have done wrong if you didn't actually do anything wrong towards her. Communication is key in the best of relationships.