Jean from 18 years ago...

Just put on a pair of jean which I bought 18 years ago, back in university days, as I just went through my wardrobe. I also worn a dress I from 25 years ago this summer. They still look quite new as they are rarely worn.

They fit the same as before, except the dress is really tight on the chest area.

Is this normal? so I haven't changed an inch in my bottom area. how time fly!

Edited by Springsummer

Don't wear anything that's too tight just because you can. It was one of the biggest "what nots" on "What Not to Wear," old clothes. They date you. A classic pair of jeans that still totally fit is fine.

Normal for those who haven't had kids. Even though I got back to the same weight after pregnancy, both my ribcage and hips had pushed wider at a skeletal level.

Cool that you can fit them again. And jeans which were popular 20 years ago are coming back into fashion now! Is there any seam allowance to let out the dress?

I have a really gorgeous hemp dress that I bought about 20 years ago, it doesn't fit me anymore, my chest is too big now, but I'm hanging on to it as I am losing weight....hopefully one day I'll fit into again.

We were watching a show on TV the other day on hemp production and I mentioned to my husband and son that I had a hemp dress, my son replies "I know, I've worn it" gee's we laughed!!!

• Like 1

I wouldn't count on 'no change'. Jeans give in quite a bit and the fact something still fits, doesn't mean is the right size. Also shape may have changed over time....both of the garments and of what's underneath ;)

Having said that, could be fun to wear clothes from the past on occasion.. just give it enough critical checks on both fit&style.

Just put on a pair of jean which I bought 18 years ago, back in university days, as I just went through my wardrobe. I also worn a dress I from 25 years ago this summer. They still look quite new as they are rarely worn.

They fit the same as before, except the dress is really tight on the chest area.

Is this normal? so I haven't changed an inch in my bottom area. how time fly!

Haha nope most wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting into them now, me included.

Although l dunno about a dress l'm male haha.

But eh nice goin , buy yourself a drink :bunny::bunny::bunny:

• Like 1

I have a nice fitted A-line skirt from my 7th grade dance I can fit into just fine, never mind that I I went from being what they call "skinny fat" to a super hardcore fitness dork (with a great butt, if I do say so myself). I don't actually wear the skirt out, but sometimes it's fun to put it on and laugh.

I also bring it up every time a female friend says "I'm afraid lifting weights will make me get huge!"

• Like 1
  • Author
Springsummer
Normal for those who haven't had kids. Even though I got back to the same weight after pregnancy, both my ribcage and hips had pushed wider at a skeletal level.

Cool that you can fit them again. And jeans which were popular 20 years ago are coming back into fashion now! Is there any seam allowance to let out the dress?

I do notice women who have had children have wider hips.

I used to want to have bigger hips, because I think they make you look more feminine and strong and shapely. Now, I just changed my mind. I should embrace what I have got. small hip can look sexy and lively too. after I notice manufacturers all use 27 size models. so I am changing my perception.

no, the dress is buttoned in that area. and it's not the last button that is tight but the middle section of a row of buttons. so no...

• Author
Springsummer
I have a really gorgeous hemp dress that I bought about 20 years ago, it doesn't fit me anymore, my chest is too big now, but I'm hanging on to it as I am losing weight....hopefully one day I'll fit into again.

We were watching a show on TV the other day on hemp production and I mentioned to my husband and son that I had a hemp dress, my son replies "I know, I've worn it" gee's we laughed!!!

I have a few dresses that I hang on too, because they are made of incredibly nice material, so even though they are so out of style that I can't really wear them out, there is no way I can just throw them out.

• Author
Springsummer
I wouldn't count on 'no change'. Jeans give in quite a bit and the fact something still fits, doesn't mean is the right size. Also shape may have changed over time....both of the garments and of what's underneath ;)

Having said that, could be fun to wear clothes from the past on occasion.. just give it enough critical checks on both fit&style.

The jean is a skinny low-rised jean, so I don't think there is much room for change in shape. they are both made of nice materials that's why I still keeping them.

Probably not suitable of someone of certain age wear low rise jean. hey, if I don't tell people my age...they can't tell.

I am watching Enrique Inglesia's video. oh, man, he is well over 40, but he look like 20s. Talk about ageless...I bow down to this guy.

Edited by Springsummer
  • Like 1

Wear it if you like it, if it is low rise it's no problem, just wear it with longer top if you prefer to be more covered.

But hey, I think we are not good judges of our own looks, my point was even if we look the same size, things are not what they were (e.g. breasts - tissue just changes, softens, that's behind the decision of d-rs to only perform mammograms over a certain age...). A critical side eye always helps...

Sure there is a variation in aging, Enrique is a good example, but still I'll bin him as good-looking man in his 40s instead of mislabel him as man in his 20s..

The jean is a skinny low-rised jean, so I don't think there is much room for change in shape. they are both made of nice materials that's why I still keeping them.

Probably not suitable of someone of certain age wear low rise jean. hey, if I don't tell people my age...they can't tell.

I am watching Enrique Inglesia's video. oh, man, he is well over 40, but he look like 20s. Talk about ageless...I bow down to this guy.

MountainGirl111

It’s in the ? /genes

• Like 1