Relationship!!

I need advice, I have recently seen on my boyfriends Facebook this girl keep liking his pictures and him liking hers. I asked him where he knew her from, he got mad and replied none of my business. I said I felt super insecure and he replied from a night out a few years back and he got her number. I told him that liking her picture (he also likes other woman) thats it's disrespectful to me and he told me he would never change and its normal to do this. His end reply was telling me I'm sick in the head and this relationship was stupid. Help???

That's a tough one, sorry to hear you are in this tough situation. When in this situation, I usually like to take the approach that the crazy one will lose the fight, and the more level headed one will win. Said in other words, if you give the other person enough rope to hang himself, he will do it.

"Dear boyfriend, I know that you have a new friend and that you are enjoying your time with her. I however, thought that we were boyfriend and girlfriend. I would like to know where we stand. If you feel better moving on from our relationship, I would like to know up front. If she is just your friend, I would also like to know. I am not someone who would be happy in a relationship with a guy with multiple partners. "

I'd say something along these lines.

If the bloke values your feelings he will say something reasonable (and demonstrate it to you with actions). If he doesn't, next in line!

I told him that liking her picture (he also likes other woman) thats it's disrespectful to me and he told me he would never change and its normal to do this.

Is he posting on her page or DMing her? Both your reactions seem over the top to me...

Mr. Lucky

I need advice, I have recently seen on my boyfriends Facebook this girl keep liking his pictures and him liking hers. I asked him where he knew her from, he got mad and replied none of my business. I said I felt super insecure and he replied from a night out a few years back and he got her number. I told him that liking her picture (he also likes other woman) thats it's disrespectful to me and he told me he would never change and its normal to do this. His end reply was telling me I'm sick in the head and this relationship was stupid. Help???

You both seem to be very young, and if not, not very mature.

There’s no reason to be all defensive if your SO likes pictures of someone else. A pillar of a relationship is trust, and you don’t seem very trusting of him.

But he shouldn’t have had that response either. That’s bs. It’s inconsiderate. That’s where he went wrong.

But it seems to me that you both have trouble talking about your issues, or in other words communicating. If you both are getting in arguments over this, then I don’t see this lasting.

Scarlett.O'hara

Perhaps you need to take a step back from this relationship and take some time to assess whether this is the right guy for you.

It sounds like you have incompatible views about what is acceptable boundaries in a relationship, and at this point he is standing firm about how he is going to behave, so that leaves it up to you to decide.

You can either accept things as they are and continue to have trust issues or you can cut your losses now and move on.

• Like 1

Dump him. Not because him liking some girl's picture is disrespectful (it's not; social media is meaningless). Break up because he is so dismissive of your feelings & he's rude. You asked a simple Q -- how does he know the girl? His response that it's no of your business was disrespectful. You are his GF. Wanting to know how he knows somebody is within the province of things you are allowed to ask about. You thinking that you have the right to tell him who to talk to or whose pictures he can & can't like is inappropriately controlling but there were much better ways for him to express that.

When he called you "sick in the head" he was downright insulting. I would not date somebody who thought I was mentally unbalanced. For him to call your relationship "stupid" is just wrong, even if it was said in the heat of anger.

This guy is a mean-spirited bully. Do not continue to debase yourself by being with him.

Go out & find a polite, respectful guy.

Edited by d0nnivain
  • Like 2