The ex conundrum

So my ex just moved back home after breaking up with her boyfriend. We broke up 5 years ago. We don't talk -- but she just sent me an email saying she was back in town. I live in the city and she lives like 1hr outside the city in the burbs. She posed the idea of coming to hang out with me and stay at my place for the weekend.

Sooo -- the sex was good so i'm not not into this. But it's also pretty evident that she's just using me to get over her ex.

I wouldn't waste my time or respond.

Unless you just want a booty call. If that was the case I'd let her know that upfront.

Not sure it would be worth opening that can of worms. There are other women out there without that baggage

Edited by Marc878
So my ex just moved back home after breaking up with her boyfriend. We broke up 5 years ago. We don't talk -- but she just sent me an email saying she was back in town. I live in the city and she lives like 1hr outside the city in the burbs. She posed the idea of coming to hang out with me and stay at my place for the weekend.

Sooo -- the sex was good so i'm not not into this. But it's also pretty evident that she's just using me to get over her ex.

What Marc wrote and as much as you might want it, the sex, why give her what she wants the minute she asks for it? She's your ex. Keep it that way. If men had more self-control, women wouldn't be using sex as a manipulation tool in a lot of cases.

hobbs, keep it in your pants. Do us proud. ;)

If you can keep your emotions out of it, are you willing to trade giving her a place to hang & an ego stroke for some good sex. If yes, get in touch with her & pick a weekend. If you would prefer not to go down the road just tell her you don't think it's a good idea then ignore her.

• Like 1

Getting back with her is no different than a recovering alcoholic having a beer. It's going to feel good. Probably REALLY good. Like makeup sex x100. But then you're going to get that hangover, and it's going to be 100x worse than the usual one.

Don't do it man. It will set you back and you will regret it more than you know.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Fix spacing
If you can keep your emotions out of it, are you willing to trade giving her a place to hang & an ego stroke for some good sex. If yes, get in touch with her & pick a weekend.

Guess I feel the same way. She's the proverbial "devil you know" and it was her suggestion, if you can keep things in check no reason not to go forward.

Just have a Plan B if things get strange...

Mr. Lucky

I would rather have sex with a girl I know that sit around watching Game of Thrones or some crap. Just keep things in perspective.

With the history they have, "keeping things in perspective" and just having casual, fun, noncommitted sex is going to be rather difficult. Sure he can do whatever he wants and maybe the sex will beat playing a video game but what will it do to his head in the long run?

If he wants noncommitted sex that badly, it's easy enough to find it.

• Author
I'm gonna go ahead and break with the pack here and say you should go for it. If she suggests coming by this weekend for example, what else do you have going on? I know that if it were me, I would rather have sex with a girl I know that sit around watching Game of Thrones or some crap. Just keep things in perspective.

enigma FTW!

• Like 1