LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Possible to truly be friends with ex?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd September 2018, 6:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finding my way View Post
People hung up on someone else date all the time and even get into relationships. That doesn't mean they've moved on emotionally.

The fact that you have her on your mind to the point of digging this up three years later means that you definitely have NOT moved on. Your other post says no one else has measured up to her.

We're all being so straight forward about this because we know - we've been there or seen someone else there close up and and know holding on when we see it (in a post).

So first, be honest with yourself. Second, let her go for real. Maybe, just maybe, no one else is measuring up because what you think she was isn't real. Not even SHE measures up to the image you're holding on to.
You're 100% right. Appreciate the honesty.
drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2018, 7:50 PM   #17

Possible to truly be friends with ex?

Have an ex I haven't talked to in years. Miss her as a person -- she was funny and awesome. I usually try to be friends with ex's directly after the breakup and that never works because there's still feelings. But this has been years. No more feelings. Is it actually possible to become friends with an ex from your past? Or is this a bad idea?

Anyone actually good friends with their exes on here?
drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2018, 8:25 PM   #18
Established Member

Good friends? No. Facebook friends with no hard feelings? Yes.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2018, 9:06 PM   #19
Established Member

Most partners will object to someone seeing their ex. You can still be friends maybe when you're both single.
Old 23rd September 2018, 2:00 PM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drednot View Post
Have an ex I haven't talked to in years. Miss her as a person -- she was funny and awesome. I usually try to be friends with ex's directly after the breakup and that never works because there's still feelings. But this has been years. No more feelings. Is it actually possible to become friends with an ex from your past? Or is this a bad idea?

Anyone actually good friends with their exes on here?
It has been years, but you had two other threads going (evidently merged into this one) that suggest your feelings for her are not gone. You need to be honest with yourself here, OP.

You were first thinking of reaching out to check on her safety. Then you for some reason felt inspired to verify her work situation from 4 years ago. Now you are thinking about trying to be friends. Where is this all coming from, after years of no contact with her? What's triggering this seemingly sudden urge to reconnect?
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2018, 5:55 PM   #21
Established Member

lmo usually ex's are best left as ex's.
yaknow , if you can part respectfully, no bs and bitterness , spite , no throwing rocks at each other, good enough and best just left at that.
lt's healthier all round if life just goes on separately from there. To know that if you were to see each other somehwere and you'll both at least be civil is a pretty good out come , be happy with that and move on.
l find that just healthier all round.
l know your worried about her mentally too, but l really don't think your the man for that job unless she came to you.

Last edited by Chilli; 25th September 2018 at 5:59 PM..
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote