Tempted to cheat but didnt

Would like to hear stories where you almost cheated but didnt. What happened that prevented you from crossing that line? How close were you? Also would like to hear from people who were tempted with a married man/woman as well

It only happened once.

A guy I was seeing when I was about 19 told me, after about a month of dating, that he was married. I dumped him on the spot.

I did so because he was lying, and he knew right form the start that I have a very negative view of cheating, and didn't ever want to be involved in that sort of relationship. His lying was so disrespectful, and no guy is worth that.

Add to that the fact that I didn't want to be part of a situation that was sure to be hurtful to some woman I didn't know and who had done nothing to me at all.

Would like to hear stories where you almost cheated but didnt.

You first.

So how many times did you do that?

• Like 1

There were a few close calls in my last relationship.

On a uni trip I confided in someone I'd not known for very long about a rough patch in my relationship. Of course I was 21 and not very clever, but you know, hindsight... She was a fantastic listener and very caring, and we ended up with our arms around each other chatting for most of the night. I was one small step away from cheating with her, but didn't because I wasn't sure how she'd react to becoming the OW. And was scared about it coming back to me in some way I wasn't anticipating. In hindsight I'd definitely call it emotional cheating. I've seen her multiple times since, and she would always ask about how things were with my partner - somehow she always came into my life in rough patches. Most recently it was a month or two ago (while not exclusive with my current partner), and all of a sudden I had no feelings for her. Go figure.

There was also someone I met while travelling about 2 years ago (she's from Europe, I'm from Australia) There was definitely chemistry there but I'd also already told her I had a partner, which stopped me again for the same reason so it turned into a friendship for the time we were in the same country. We still keep in contact occasionally.

So mostly what stops me from cheating is the fear of the OW turning against me, or the fear of someone seeing me and reporting back to my partner (someone did that once, but I was just talking to a good friend who happened to be a lesbian!). I know most of my reasons sound disrespectful to my relationship, but something had to have been wrong with the relationship for me to be tempted in the first place.

• Like 1