LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Would you date someone who told you they cheated

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th September 2018, 9:59 PM   #16
Established Member

No way....once a cheater always a cheater. Serious character flaw I have no tolerance for
Old 20th September 2018, 7:07 AM   #17
PRW
Established Member

Location: In Illinois, within driving distance of the St Louis, MO area
Quote:
Originally Posted by neowulf View Post
Eventually the question comes up "So have you ever cheated?"

I never ask that, I'm not that insecure. If they are untrustworthy I'll see it for myself in other ways.

I'll just ask them if they've ever drove over the speed limit. If they say yes, I dump them for being a criminal. If they say no I dump them for lying. See, problem solved. (Just kidding )
Old 20th September 2018, 8:49 AM   #18
Established Member

I wouldn't.

To be frank I could never trust them. I'm not saying "once a cheater, always a cheater", but to me, it just wouldn't be worth the risk. There are lots of other fish in the sea, and being on one's own isn't all that bad either.
pepperbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 8:53 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
Probably not.

Yeah, I'm with d0nnivain on this one, that type of characteristic isn't something I would want in a spouse.
Art_Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 9:07 AM   #20
Established Member

Depends entirely on the reason for their cheating and the extent of it.

If they made a point of having someone on the side as a FWB or were out all the time sleeping with others behind their partner's back, I definitely wouldn't date them. Even if we did keep it as an open relationship, I couldn't trust them not to lie to me.

If they were in a bad relationship that was dead but not explicitly broken up, and they did it out of frustration, then I wouldn't hold it against them in the same way. Because the context of the cheating is a broken relationship, it's most likely that the only time they would cheat on me is if our own relationship is broken.
snowboy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2018, 8:43 PM   #21
Established Member

I think I would want to know more about why they cheated and how often they cheated. If someone has a habit of cheating, then no way!
Old 21st September 2018, 8:51 PM   #22
Established Member

I realize people sometimes do change but for me no way. I would want somebody who can show through action that they be loyal.
Old 24th September 2018, 11:44 AM   #23
Established Member

"Cheating" pretty much always include a large amount of lying, so while the circumstances may have mitigating factors - I wouldn't take the cheaters word for what those "reasons" were for cheating. Nor would I blindly accept their description of the affair if it sounded "minimal" in any way.

It is very common for cheaters to rewrite the relationship history once their affairs begin.
Orokotikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2018, 10:13 PM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRW View Post
If they are untrustworthy I'll see it for myself in other ways.
Absolutely. Its about the person, not their past.

Last edited by Hopeful30; 28th September 2018 at 10:15 PM..
Hopeful30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2018, 2:09 AM   #25
Established Member

Once a cheater, always a cheater. Sure, some people might change over the course of a lifetime, but who needs the headache and who's got the time?

A person with a strong moral compass knows that there is no, "We had a few drinks and one thing led to another."

A person with a strong moral compass knows that there is no, "I wasn't emotionally in the right place."

A person with a strong moral compass knows that there is no, "I was lonely."

If someone doesn't feel that his or her needs are being met in a relationship, they should get out.

Those who remain in relationships and choose to cheat are the type that want to eat their cake and **** the baker, too.
Logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2018, 2:11 AM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderowl View Post
I think I would want to know more about why they cheated and how often they cheated. If someone has a habit of cheating, then no way!

A cheater is usually a chronic liar and manipulator, not someone you can trust. So where would you go to get the information you're after?
Logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2018, 10:25 AM   #27
5x5
Established Member

Yes I would.
5x5 is offline   Reply With Quote