Feel like crying...A woman just can't get a break from her appearance

When I wear high heel, feeling tall and dress well but never run into this person, then when I wear a runner's shoe, feeling like a shortie(5'2) and dress not well, I ran into this person?

I don't wear makeup either and always wear big glasses. should I wear makeup everyday, just because I might run into him probably once a week?:( can't have laser surgery because my eyes are not good for operation. rarely wear contact because not good for my eyes either.

God, but he is so so tantalizing. To put it in context, there are tons of male in my building and building complex. but I only find him attractive.

I don't want to see him when I am not feeling pretty. so I ran. What he will think of me?

• Like 1

Yes, get in the habit of doing a five-minute makeup. It doesn't have to be much. If your complexion is unever, do a matte foundation. Then do eyeliner. If your lashes are thin or light, do mascara. Even just lipstick and nothing else can look really pretty and light up your face. You should just go get a makeover at Mac or Sephora and ask the for a basic quick makeup face.

Not all glasses look bad. Lots of girls are wearing the big frames and looking kind of intellectual sexy. If you really want to show your eyes more, get the frameless glasses (I wear them) and they're a lot less conspicuous.

• Like 4

Just find a style that works for you every day in which you look good.

IMO looks weird if you look good only in some days, consistency is key.

Make up should be fun not a chore, and yes, do it daily. Takes 5 min and makes you look million times better if you do it right. Like the other poster said, mascara+eyeliner, lipstick and some complexion product is pretty much all you need. IMO if you just wear that - use light coverage foundation and apply it like moisturizer (or two drops of higher coverage foundation in your moisturizer). I apply lipstick with finger and follow up with gloss on top, that way any color is very sheer and wearable. Also use brow gel (eg Benefit), makes your face instantly look better.

Just wear yourself fitting your personality. Don’t be too dressy if you’re sporty person. Men like feminine and form fitting stuff , use this as a guideline and adjust to your own style.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I used to do a bit of makeup too, but not good at all, and generally incredibly lazy, especially this year. I have never done one makeup since starting this new job early this year.

God, I guess I have to now. I had never really fantasied him because even though he is very handsome, but he appeared to be very aloof too and never really bother even look at me. but lately, the last few times, he stared straight into my face when ran into each other in common area. I don't know if it is normal to look at someone like that.

I don't know. I just have zero confident in myself. some days I feel looking good, some day I feel very crappy.

God, but he is so so tantalizing. To put it in context, there are tons of male in my building and building complex. but I only find him attractive.

I don't want to see him when I am not feeling pretty. so I ran.

Instead of running away... Next time you see him introduce yourself to him and ask if he'd like to join you for a drink??

• Like 3

Do what makes you feel good about yourself, that will make you more confident and more likely to smile at him, thereby inviting interaction if only his smile in return.

Don't do anything that makes you feel burdened or uncomfortable. Find your style and make the most of it. Right now you're not feeling good about yourself so that's a hint that you need to step it up a bit - in whatever way feels natural to you.

And there is no set rule of what any particular guy is going to find attractive. Plenty of guys like petite women (so no need for heels unless you like them), a more natural look (without a lot of makeup) and aren't turned off by glasses - they might even really like them.

• Like 1

The most important thing about wearing makeup or dressing nicely most days is not that it's a magic potion for a guy who may be indifferent to suddenly like you, but that if you go to that little small amount of trouble you will feel more comfortable going into the day. and you should do it whether you were planning on going anywhere and we're just maybe going to play it by ear because if you go ahead and get dressed decent and put on some make-up you are much more likely to get out of the house and go be social or go someplace after work. If you're down in the dumps getting yourself dressed nicely and putting on makeup will give you a little lift.

• Like 2
When I wear high heel, feeling tall and dress well but never run into this person, then when I wear a runner's shoe, feeling like a shortie(5'2) and dress not well, I ran into this person?

I don't wear makeup either and always wear big glasses. should I wear makeup everyday, just because I might run into him probably once a week?:( can't have laser surgery because my eyes are not good for operation. rarely wear contact because not good for my eyes either.

I don't want to see him when I am not feeling pretty. so I ran. What he will think of me?

Spring, you don't wear make up and try to look good for someone else. You do it for yourself. Do what makes you feel good all the time. Treat yourself well all the time.

• Like 3

A man will see beauty in a woman when she’s not dressed to impress. A smile is all you need..

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear

You realize how exhausting that would be??

And if he sees you in your ravishing/done up way, and likes you for that, starts to date you, what are you going to do when you stay at his place, wake up at 4AM and get all done up before he wakes up and sees you au naturale?

Just be yourself...If its good enough, then great, if it isn't then it wasn't meant to be...

TFY

• Like 2

If he has an negative opinion of you, it's because you ran away from him not based on what you look like.

It's possible to look cute all be it sweaty in work out clothes. It's also possible to look like a train wreck in formal wear.

Work on your self esteem. If you feel confident in your own skin, you will have an attractive glow no matter how you are dressed.

• Like 4

Don't worry chicks with glasses can be so sexy and there's some gorgeous glasses out now.

And so can short chicks . And so can a little make up and so can nice shoes or runners and 100% natural and a million other things.

l think it happens to everyone though. there's another thread somem about same sorta thing but even as a guy my whole life you bet the time you race out looking or dressed like shyt you bump into someone.

He would've stared at you a bit this last time or two because by now he'd be noticing a vibe from you even if he's been reading too much internet bs and trying to pretend to be ahh, aloof .Or maybe he's just genuinely all over the place at work all the time, who knows.,

Try not to worry , have a bit of a chuckle.

Here's an idea. Why don't you jazz up just a little at work everyday for a month, it's only a month. ln that month youll probly see him a few times at least and you'll be safe every time and looking hot so nothin to worry about.

Edited by Chilli
  • Like 1

Have you tried actually, y'know, talking to him?

Dressing up is all well and good but if you feel like you can't talk to anyone unless you're all geared up in heels and full-faced makeup, IMO your self-esteem needs more work than your appearance.

FTR, I'm shorter than you are, and almost never wear high heels (outside the bedroom anyway, lol).

• Like 2
  • Author

Just be yourself...If its good enough, then great, if it isn't then it wasn't meant to be...

TFY

Yes. Indeed. Thank you for reminding me that.

• Author

Work on your self esteem. If you feel confident in your own skin, you will have an attractive glow no matter how you are dressed.

True. No sure how to increase self esteem. I can't change the facts that I am short and no longer young. but, I am slim and 34d and have no complaints of my facial features. but for a guy like him, I probably need to be perfect.

• Author

FTR, I'm shorter than you are, and almost never wear high heels (outside the bedroom anyway, lol).

like, can you find a pair of jean without hemming it? doesn't that bother you? Guess is nice, but can't wear it. have to do Gap petite to barely escape hemming. isn't that depressing for you?

... but for a guy like him, I probably need to be perfect.

For him... you may be perfect just the way you are.

I'm 6' 1" and many years ago I dated a woman who was 4' 10"... The first time I met her she wasn't wearing heels and I asked her out, because I was attracted to her.

I still think you should introduce yourself to this gentleman and ask him out for a drink.

• Like 2

Do you know a bit about him besides his looks? Have you said hi to each other? What qualities of him are attractive to you?

I find that just wearing a lip gloss with cute color from a high end brand can add quite a bit to your face.

• Like 1
  • Author
Do you know a bit about him besides his looks? Have you said hi to each other? What qualities of him are attractive to you?

I find that just wearing a lip gloss with cute color from a high end brand can add quite a bit to your face.

No. Just a few months ago. our team went out for lunch and saw him happen to be in the same restaurant with a woman and my team lead said to herself/me "are they dating?" so I suppose he is single? that woman worn lots of makeup.

No. despite I practically ran into him the last few times. but I ran about my business quickly. No idea what qualities he has. I just like the ways he look and feel the attraction, that's all I know:(

Thanks to some advises here. I am now peaceful. Just be myself. What will be will be.

• Author
For him... you may be perfect just the way you are.

I'm 6' 1" and many years ago I dated a woman who was 4' 10"... The first time I met her she wasn't wearing heels and I asked her out, because I was attracted to her.

I still think you should introduce yourself to this gentleman and ask him out for a drink.

um...really? Your saying lifted me up. :) hope so.

Say hi maybe, asking out? never.

• Author

Here is one complication: how do you do any makeup, when you want to go to the onsite gym at noon? or in the morning?

oh, god, do makeup in the morning and again at noon?

sometimes, I don't really want to be a woman, lots of troubles. but apparently I haven't found another woman who resonate with me on this.

True. No sure how to increase self esteem. I can't change the facts that I am short and no longer young. but, I am slim and 34d and have no complaints of my facial features. but for a guy like him, I probably need to be perfect.

Nobody stays young forever. Many tall women long to be petite. All flat chested women, me included, have always envied women with your curves. Perfect is an illusion.

What you need to be is comfortable in your own skin. Until you can manage to like yourself, warts & all, all the make up & hemmed jeans in the world will not make you attractive. True beauty radiates outward.

Read some self help books on improving self esteem.

• Like 1
um...really?

Yes... and she wasn't rail thin, she was actually a little on the chunky side, but I still found her cute and very sexy. For me, she was perfect just the way she was!!

Don't sell yourself short (no pun intended)...

Yes, at the very least say "Hello" and introduce yourself, what can it hurt. You'll never know unless you try. Go for it!!

• Like 1

Define "perfect". Different guys like different things in a woman. Some guys are intimidated by women that are too tall. Some guys like short and petite, other guys feel they'll break a small woman so they want larger/curvier. Some guys want younger women, others feel they're too childish so they aim for older. Anyway you get the point, there isn't any point worrying about perfection when no one look can please everyone.

What you need to do is find your version of perfect. You wear glasses, so find a set of frames that make you look amazing. You don't need to be into makeup but if you feel it helps, then go for it. But if you're at the gym a lot, I wouldn't bother with it. Wear something that you feel comfortable in and is an expression of your personality. It doesn't need to be the major brands, it just needs to be "your" look!

Also define a "guy like him". Do you think the only thing he wants in a woman is perfect looks? That would make any potential relationship get boring very quickly... :p

• Like 2
Here is one complication: how do you do any makeup, when you want to go to the onsite gym at noon? or in the morning?

oh, god, do makeup in the morning and again at noon?

sometimes, I don't really want to be a woman, lots of troubles. but apparently I haven't found another woman who resonate with me on this.

I don't wear makeup to the gym. It's rare for me to see a woman who does wear it when exercising.

• Like 3