Dealing with Creep, Possible Stalker

My gf found out something quite disturbing. One of her neighbors is an extended Indian family that owns the local convenient store. One of her friends saw a picture of my gf cutting her grass hanging up in the convenient store. My gf was unaware the neighbor took this picture. The friend asked the owner/clerk why he has a picture of her and he said she is my neighbor and she is nice. That is totally creepy. My gf said she has only talked to the neighbor like 3 times. I drove to the store with my gf and I went in alone to check and I didn't see the picture. We surmised that the friend saying something to the owner prompted him to take down the picture.

This neighbor is on her backyard side. My gf will take her dogs out in the backyard early in the morning before sun up just in her pjs or underwear. I told her she can't be doing that anymore. We wake up yesterday morning and she says she needs to cover up bc of creepy neighbor. She slept naked and so she puts on pj pants and a very loose fitting tank top (no bra). She was pouring out of the tank top.

A - I need to talk to gf about her dress. She has a great body with boob enhancements and she admittedly likes to flaunt it. I don't want to come across as controlling tho. I am doing this solely for her safety. She also is a very friendly person and guys have interpreted her friendliness as flirting.

B - I feel I need to confront neighbor. My gf thought it was end of story when I didn't find picture of her at the convenience store but that is only part of the issue. I have seen shows on stalkers and neighbors taking pictures of someone is very disturbing. Does she have any legal recourse against this neighbor?

It’s doubtful you’d have any recourse unless he has posted pics of her on the internet, etc. I say let your gf do as she pleases and when she gets a strong taste of what it means to be stalked, she might rethink her actions. Another thing you could do is put some plants in your backyard that grow really fast and really tall.

First, you deserve compliments on your threads; they’re getting more interesting ;)

My guess? Your gf probably allowed the innocent neighbor to take her picture, and likely gave him a heads up when she knew you’re driving to the convenience store.

Your gf has told you she didn’t get her DDs just to hide them. But rest assured, I don’t think she’d think you’re controlling or insecure; in fact, she’s likely flattered that her bf is so jealous.

• Like 2
  • Author
nope. no crime was committed

Using an unauthorized picture of her in his place of business? Can't that be considered advertising for his store?

• Author
It’s doubtful you’d have any recourse unless he has posted pics of her on the internet, etc. I say let your gf do as she pleases and when she gets a strong taste of what it means to be stalked, she might rethink her actions. Another thing you could do is put some plants in your backyard that grow really fast and really tall.

Good idea about the plants in back yard. I also thought about making a sign and face it towards the creep neighbor that reads "stop taking pictures of me without my permission"

Your girlfriend knows exactly what she's doing when she goes into her backyard with it all hanging out. If she cared about her neighbors getting a peek at her, she wouldn't be doing that.

At any rate, it doesn't sound like this guy has done anything wrong or has even approached your girlfriend or tried to do anything. He probably thought she was hot, took a picture of her, and put it up to look at. Where was the picture, anyway? Big deal. No, you have no recourse, and IMO, you will look like a fool if you confront this guy.

• Like 2
  • Author

At any rate, it doesn't sound like this guy has done anything wrong or has even approached your girlfriend or tried to do anything. He probably thought she was hot, took a picture of her, and put it up to look at. Where was the picture, anyway? Big deal. No, you have no recourse, and IMO, you will look like a fool if you confront this guy.

No, he hasn't approached her.....yet. According to the friend the picture was behind the counter.

I had a guy in my old neighborhood assault a lady a couple doors down. He also have my ex-w a very bad vibe. My gf lives alone or with her 2 teen daughters when they are with her. I don't care if I look like a fool, I will protect her from creeps.

Using an unauthorized picture of her in his place of business? Can't that be considered advertising for his store?

If it was obvious for visitors to see, then I’d say that’s a problem. But since he removed it and no one took a photo of it when it was displayed in the store, there’s probably no recourse.

• Like 1
No, he hasn't approached her.....yet. According to the friend the picture was behind the counter.

What, a 4x6 picture behind the counter for him to look at, similar to posting a Farrah Fawcett or Raquel Welch poster?

• Author
If it was obvious for visitors to see, then I’d say that’s a problem. But since he removed it and no one took a photo of it when it was displayed in the store, there’s probably no recourse.

That is what I was thinking and would tell him he is using her photo/image in her business which would cause the legal issue. I will be stopping in the store when I am in town. I wonder if this guy's wife knows he's taking pics of the blonde neighbor.

A standard picture is 4"x 6". How is that snapshot advertising his store?

Just tell her to be more careful about backyard attire and let it go...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2

How is that advertising?

Seriously. It's no better or no worse than a pin-up calendar or a firemans's calendar. It's just eye candy...

How is that advertising?

Seriously. It's no better or no worse than a pin-up calendar or a firemans's calendar. It's just eye candy...

If you see it in the store, ask him to take it down. And let it go...

CautiouslyOptimistic
First, you deserve compliments on your threads; they’re getting more interesting ;)

I was starting to forget about his GF's enormous jugs! ;)

OP, is this the same neighbor who leers at her as he arrives home....circles the block or something just to get a look at her?

I think he can just tell she loves the attention and either got her permission or thought she'd be flattered by the photo.

Pyjama pants and a loose fitting tank in one's own backyard. Oh the horror! (sarcasm) Sounds like my usual weekend morning attire in the garden. Complete with cellulite, no makeup, bed hair and crocs.

If the photo was worthy of hanging up, then she didn't look like she just rolled out of bed. And if she's in her PJs but looking glamorous enough to have a photo which is wall worthy, then she prepared and posed for it.

This would not count as advertising in a store. Depending on your local laws, there could be recourse if it can be proven that they took the photo on her private property without permission. But again, if the picture is now gone, there's no evidence that it was taken...or that it was a truly candid photo.

Edited by basil67
  • Like 2

I honestly think you ought to go talk to the police about it. That IS creepy. If he has that up at the store, lord knows how many he's got at home and what he's doing with them. At least talk to a police about it and what they will do is probably run that guy's info and see if he has anything in his background. If they run it and find he's clean and no issues, they will likely not do anything, unless they just talk to him. If they find out he's got some violent or sexual things in his file, then they will hopefully help out. At least you'll know.

You probably don't know for sure what his full name is to do the background yourself, so let them do it.

• Like 1

Go to his store and get the picture back if it bothers you that much.

It’s probably not the only one he has though.

You could do what my BF did when I was being stalked. Since he knew where the guy liked to be to look up at me he went to the window and let it all hang out and gave him an eyeful of that.

• Like 1

Really though, it IS controlling to interfere in all of this without her permission to do so. She's likely very happy showing herself and being admired by the neighbours.

• Like 1
^ yes, very likely, since she got the boob job, but it's not safe, so someone has to stop it.

The neighbor has no right to intrude on her like that, even though most people know that if they walk out into their yard half dressed, someone is likely to see. Her bf has every right to get pissed about it and to take action regardless of his gf’s desire to be seen and admired. She has yet to figure out that stalkers are a very different breed.

• Like 1
  • Author
The neighbor has no right to intrude on her like that, even though most people know that if they walk out into their yard half dressed, someone is likely to see. Her bf has every right to get pissed about it and to take action regardless of his gf’s desire to be seen and admired. She has yet to figure out that stalkers are a very different breed.

I get people will gawk at her out in public the way she dresses sometimes. I get she doesn't cover up enough taking the dogs out at 4:30 AM while it's still dark but it's dark and she doesn't expect anyone to be out. We had a discussion about that last night and she is going to stop that.

What bothers me is the neighbor taking her pic from I assume inside his house of my gf cutting her grass. This was without my gf knowing. She was probably in yoga pants and athletic tank top. That is beyond creepy. Then he posts the picture at his slurpy store without her permission.

I have dealt with a creepy neighbor before who eventually assaulted another neighbor. I don't want this to escalate to that. Some people need to stop acting like my gf is in the wrong here.

• Like 1
Some people need to stop acting like my gf is in the wrong here.

I totally agree. It’s like blaming a woman for getting raped because of what she wore.

• Like 1

Yeah, if you can’t wear what you want around your own house, without being secretly photographed, then something is wrong...not her fault at all.

• Like 2