LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Dealing with Creep, Possible Stalker

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th September 2018, 1:24 PM   #1
Established Member

Dealing with Creep, Possible Stalker

My gf found out something quite disturbing. One of her neighbors is an extended Indian family that owns the local convenient store. One of her friends saw a picture of my gf cutting her grass hanging up in the convenient store. My gf was unaware the neighbor took this picture. The friend asked the owner/clerk why he has a picture of her and he said she is my neighbor and she is nice. That is totally creepy. My gf said she has only talked to the neighbor like 3 times. I drove to the store with my gf and I went in alone to check and I didn't see the picture. We surmised that the friend saying something to the owner prompted him to take down the picture.

This neighbor is on her backyard side. My gf will take her dogs out in the backyard early in the morning before sun up just in her pjs or underwear. I told her she can't be doing that anymore. We wake up yesterday morning and she says she needs to cover up bc of creepy neighbor. She slept naked and so she puts on pj pants and a very loose fitting tank top (no bra). She was pouring out of the tank top.

A - I need to talk to gf about her dress. She has a great body with boob enhancements and she admittedly likes to flaunt it. I don't want to come across as controlling tho. I am doing this solely for her safety. She also is a very friendly person and guys have interpreted her friendliness as flirting.

B - I feel I need to confront neighbor. My gf thought it was end of story when I didn't find picture of her at the convenience store but that is only part of the issue. I have seen shows on stalkers and neighbors taking pictures of someone is very disturbing. Does she have any legal recourse against this neighbor?
Wookin Pa Nub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 1:30 PM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookin Pa Nub View Post
Does she have any legal recourse against this neighbor?
nope. no crime was committed

- Donald J. Trump
alphamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 1:34 PM   #3
Established Member

It’s doubtful you’d have any recourse unless he has posted pics of her on the internet, etc. I say let your gf do as she pleases and when she gets a strong taste of what it means to be stalked, she might rethink her actions. Another thing you could do is put some plants in your backyard that grow really fast and really tall.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 1:36 PM   #4
Established Member

First, you deserve compliments on your threads; they’re getting more interesting

My guess? Your gf probably allowed the innocent neighbor to take her picture, and likely gave him a heads up when she knew you’re driving to the convenience store.

Your gf has told you she didn’t get her DDs just to hide them. But rest assured, I don’t think she’d think you’re controlling or insecure; in fact, she’s likely flattered that her bf is so jealous.
JuneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 1:47 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
nope. no crime was committed

Using an unauthorized picture of her in his place of business? Can't that be considered advertising for his store?
Old 17th September 2018, 1:49 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathtub-row View Post
It’s doubtful you’d have any recourse unless he has posted pics of her on the internet, etc. I say let your gf do as she pleases and when she gets a strong taste of what it means to be stalked, she might rethink her actions. Another thing you could do is put some plants in your backyard that grow really fast and really tall.

Good idea about the plants in back yard. I also thought about making a sign and face it towards the creep neighbor that reads "stop taking pictures of me without my permission"
Old 17th September 2018, 1:53 PM   #7
Established Member

Your girlfriend knows exactly what she's doing when she goes into her backyard with it all hanging out. If she cared about her neighbors getting a peek at her, she wouldn't be doing that.

At any rate, it doesn't sound like this guy has done anything wrong or has even approached your girlfriend or tried to do anything. He probably thought she was hot, took a picture of her, and put it up to look at. Where was the picture, anyway? Big deal. No, you have no recourse, and IMO, you will look like a fool if you confront this guy.
Old 17th September 2018, 1:58 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clia View Post
At any rate, it doesn't sound like this guy has done anything wrong or has even approached your girlfriend or tried to do anything. He probably thought she was hot, took a picture of her, and put it up to look at. Where was the picture, anyway? Big deal. No, you have no recourse, and IMO, you will look like a fool if you confront this guy.

No, he hasn't approached her.....yet. According to the friend the picture was behind the counter.

I had a guy in my old neighborhood assault a lady a couple doors down. He also have my ex-w a very bad vibe. My gf lives alone or with her 2 teen daughters when they are with her. I don't care if I look like a fool, I will protect her from creeps.
Old 17th September 2018, 2:00 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Using an unauthorized picture of her in his place of business? Can't that be considered advertising for his store?
If it was obvious for visitors to see, then I’d say that’s a problem. But since he removed it and no one took a photo of it when it was displayed in the store, there’s probably no recourse.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 2:01 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
No, he hasn't approached her.....yet. According to the friend the picture was behind the counter.
What, a 4x6 picture behind the counter for him to look at, similar to posting a Farrah Fawcett or Raquel Welch poster?
clia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 2:07 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathtub-row View Post
If it was obvious for visitors to see, then I’d say that’s a problem. But since he removed it and no one took a photo of it when it was displayed in the store, there’s probably no recourse.

That is what I was thinking and would tell him he is using her photo/image in her business which would cause the legal issue. I will be stopping in the store when I am in town. I wonder if this guy's wife knows he's taking pics of the blonde neighbor.
Old 17th September 2018, 2:54 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
A standard picture is 4"x 6". How is that snapshot advertising his store?

Just tell her to be more careful about backyard attire and let it go...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 5:27 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
How is that advertising?

Seriously. It's no better or no worse than a pin-up calendar or a firemans's calendar. It's just eye candy...
Old 17th September 2018, 5:28 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
How is that advertising?

Seriously. It's no better or no worse than a pin-up calendar or a firemans's calendar. It's just eye candy...

If you see it in the store, ask him to take it down. And let it go...
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 5:28 PM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
My gf found out something quite disturbing. One of her neighbors is an extended Indian family that owns the local convenient store. One of her friends saw a picture of my gf cutting her grass hanging up in the convenient store. My gf was unaware the neighbor took this picture. The friend asked the owner/clerk why he has a picture of her and he said she is my neighbor and she is nice. That is totally creepy. My gf said she has only talked to the neighbor like 3 times. I drove to the store with my gf and I went in alone to check and I didn't see the picture. We surmised that the friend saying something to the owner prompted him to take down the picture.

This neighbor is on her backyard side. My gf will take her dogs out in the backyard early in the morning before sun up just in her pjs or underwear. I told her she can't be doing that anymore. We wake up yesterday morning and she says she needs to cover up bc of creepy neighbor. She slept naked and so she puts on pj pants and a very loose fitting tank top (no bra). She was pouring out of the tank top.

A - I need to talk to gf about her dress. She has a great body with boob enhancements and she admittedly likes to flaunt it. I don't want to come across as controlling tho. I am doing this solely for her safety. She also is a very friendly person and guys have interpreted her friendliness as flirting.

B - I feel I need to confront neighbor. My gf thought it was end of story when I didn't find picture of her at the convenience store but that is only part of the issue. I have seen shows on stalkers and neighbors taking pictures of someone is very disturbing. Does she have any legal recourse against this neighbor?
She does this on purpose. She likes showing off. I have dogs that I let outside every day too, but you don't see me walking outside in my underwear with my morning wood poking out for all my neighbors to see.

I used to have a neighbor like your girl. This guy's wife next to me used to come outside in her skimpy nightgown every morning. She would walk outside for whatever reason, grab the mail or whatever, and she would look around to see if anyone was watching her. I bet everyone on the block back then saw her...parts.
enigma32 is offline   Reply With Quote