How to tell roommate that I want to live alone?

snoop_dawg22

I love my roommate, in fact she's my cosuin. But I'm ready to live alone. She has no disgusting habits or anything like that. I just feel that it's time. But I'm not sure how to let her know without coming off mean or hurting her feelings. I want to let her know and give her advanced warning. Our lease will be up at the end of Dec. Any suggestions?

I think telling her pretty much how you worded it here is good..

Let her know that you love her, that this isn't about anything she's done, that this was a great experience for you.. and that you're now ready to try living on your own by yourself..

Good Luck girl

• Author
snoop_dawg22

Thanks Merin you always give good advice. I'll talk to her and see how it goes.

Originally posted by Merin

I think telling her pretty much how you worded it here is good..

Let her know that you love her, that this isn't about anything she's done, that this was a great experience for you.. and that you're now ready to try living on your own by yourself..

Good Luck girl

Totally agree....

There is no reason you should feel guilty..just be honest and she will understand...maybe help her find a new roommate or maybe she's ready to live on her own also...

Originally posted by snoop_dawg22

Thanks Merin you always give good advice. I'll talk to her and see how it goes.

You're Welcome Girl, I'm sure you'll do fine :bunny:

• Author
snoop_dawg22

Thanks guys. I do feel guilty because I'm getting excited about having my own place and how I'm going to decorate it . I've had a roommate going on 5 yrs now. I think it's time.