LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

If a woman doesn't pay child support would she be a good mate?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th August 2018, 10:53 AM   #1
Established Member

If a woman doesn't pay child support would she be a good mate?

I have lady friends who are divorced and ordered to pay child support to the child's father. Some are behind and don't even pay. I don't date them because we are friends. But are they considered a good catch? Or a deadbeat mom?
dateme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 11:07 AM   #2
Established Member

My daughterís father did not pay child support for a long time (we just went back to court to get the department of revenue to regulate it.) Anyway, I guarantee you these people donít tell prospective dates that they donít pay child support. Or they always seem to have an excuse that prospective dates believe. The fact that you know this is a good thing. Itís their kids for Peteís sake. If someone is not paying child support, thatís a pretty ****** thing.
Malin889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 11:12 AM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dateme View Post
I have lady friends who are divorced and ordered to pay child support to the child's father. Some are behind and don't even pay. I don't date them because we are friends. But are they considered a good catch? Or a deadbeat mom?
Do you really have to ask this question...

Perhaps, she also kicks puppies, steals the candy from children, and pushes old ladies over on the street...

I know someone who has refused to pay child support. His wages had to be garnished and now, he's not working so there is nothing to garnish... Amazingly, he has had a series of relationships and lived with several women until they have discovered that he is not a good catch - mooching off them, taking advantage of the free housing, and any other number of bad things... He eventually landed on his behind, waiting only for his next victim to come along and volunteer...
Old 12th August 2018, 11:23 AM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malin889 View Post
My daughterís father did not pay child support for a long time (we just went back to court to get the department of revenue to regulate it.) Anyway, I guarantee you these people donít tell prospective dates that they donít pay child support. Or they always seem to have an excuse that prospective dates believe. The fact that you know this is a good thing. Itís their kids for Peteís sake. If someone is not paying child support, thatís a pretty ****** thing.
Interesting. There's always a void in society.
Old 12th August 2018, 11:24 AM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Interesting. There's always a void in society.
What does that mean?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 11:24 AM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post
Do you really have to ask this question...

Perhaps, she also kicks puppies, steals the candy from children, and pushes old ladies over on the street...

I know someone who has refused to pay child support. His wages had to be garnished and now, he's not working so there is nothing to garnish... Amazingly, he has had a series of relationships and lived with several women until they have discovered that he is not a good catch - mooching off them, taking advantage of the free housing, and any other number of bad things... He eventually landed on his behind, waiting only for his next victim to come along and volunteer...
A lot of women feel they shouldn't have to do what a man historically has. Even if they were the bred winner or don't have custody.
Old 12th August 2018, 11:51 AM   #7
Established Member

Some people are jerks.

Are they good mate material? Well, that's up to you! Do you like jerks?

Do you want to marry someone completely selfish who ignores her children in favor of herself? Hey, who am I to judge your personal taste?

Okay, I'm lying, I will totally judge your personal taste. But you shouldn't need us to tell you whether it's a good idea or not.
somanymistakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 12:09 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
A lot of women feel they shouldn't have to do what a man historically has. Even if they were the bred winner or don't have custody.
Says who? You?
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 12:10 PM   #9
Established Member

If you want to have fun go ahead but don't expect who can't even be loyal to her own children to be loyal to anybody else.
Old 12th August 2018, 12:15 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
What does that mean?
I was wondering the same thing...
Malin889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 12:16 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post
Says who? You?
Eh, I've seen women complain about being asked to pay child support and alimony.

However, their complaints are generally 100% identical to the men who complain about being asked to pay child support and alimony.

I read divorce forums and no matter which partner makes more money they're usually shocked when they realise they now have to pay their spouse $X every month.

It's the same complaint from both of them. "But it's my money! My ex is a useless leech! Why should I pay him/her? How do I know he/she will really use it on the children?!?"
somanymistakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 12:47 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggle View Post
If you want to have fun go ahead but don't expect who can't even be loyal to her own children to be loyal to anybody else.
Good post. I don't think men or women understand this dynamic. I date women so for women who are un loyal parents this may be good info to know where you stand in society.
Old 12th August 2018, 5:27 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
If they are friends, then you would see how attractive they are to other men. So you tell us: are they considered a good catch?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote