LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

If a woman doesn't pay child support would she be a good mate?


General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree2Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th August 2018, 10:53 AM   #1
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 67
If a woman doesn't pay child support would she be a good mate?

I have lady friends who are divorced and ordered to pay child support to the child's father. Some are behind and don't even pay. I don't date them because we are friends. But are they considered a good catch? Or a deadbeat mom?
dateme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 11:07 AM   #2
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: East Coast US
Posts: 304
My daughterís father did not pay child support for a long time (we just went back to court to get the department of revenue to regulate it.) Anyway, I guarantee you these people donít tell prospective dates that they donít pay child support. Or they always seem to have an excuse that prospective dates believe. The fact that you know this is a good thing. Itís their kids for Peteís sake. If someone is not paying child support, thatís a pretty ****** thing.
Malin889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 11:12 AM   #3
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 6,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by dateme View Post
I have lady friends who are divorced and ordered to pay child support to the child's father. Some are behind and don't even pay. I don't date them because we are friends. But are they considered a good catch? Or a deadbeat mom?
Do you really have to ask this question...

Perhaps, she also kicks puppies, steals the candy from children, and pushes old ladies over on the street...

I know someone who has refused to pay child support. His wages had to be garnished and now, he's not working so there is nothing to garnish... Amazingly, he has had a series of relationships and lived with several women until they have discovered that he is not a good catch - mooching off them, taking advantage of the free housing, and any other number of bad things... He eventually landed on his behind, waiting only for his next victim to come along and volunteer...
__________________
If they love you, you will know. If they don't, you will wonder all the time if they do...
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 11:23 AM   #4
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malin889 View Post
My daughterís father did not pay child support for a long time (we just went back to court to get the department of revenue to regulate it.) Anyway, I guarantee you these people donít tell prospective dates that they donít pay child support. Or they always seem to have an excuse that prospective dates believe. The fact that you know this is a good thing. Itís their kids for Peteís sake. If someone is not paying child support, thatís a pretty ****** thing.
Interesting. There's always a void in society.
dateme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 11:24 AM   #5
Established Member
 
CautiouslyOptimistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 5,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by dateme View Post
Interesting. There's always a void in society.
What does that mean?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 11:24 AM   #6
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post
Do you really have to ask this question...

Perhaps, she also kicks puppies, steals the candy from children, and pushes old ladies over on the street...

I know someone who has refused to pay child support. His wages had to be garnished and now, he's not working so there is nothing to garnish... Amazingly, he has had a series of relationships and lived with several women until they have discovered that he is not a good catch - mooching off them, taking advantage of the free housing, and any other number of bad things... He eventually landed on his behind, waiting only for his next victim to come along and volunteer...
A lot of women feel they shouldn't have to do what a man historically has. Even if they were the bred winner or don't have custody.
dateme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 11:51 AM   #7
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2,055
Some people are jerks.

Are they good mate material? Well, that's up to you! Do you like jerks?

Do you want to marry someone completely selfish who ignores her children in favor of herself? Hey, who am I to judge your personal taste?

Okay, I'm lying, I will totally judge your personal taste. But you shouldn't need us to tell you whether it's a good idea or not.
somanymistakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 12:09 PM   #8
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 6,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by dateme View Post
A lot of women feel they shouldn't have to do what a man historically has. Even if they were the bred winner or don't have custody.
Says who? You?
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 12:10 PM   #9
Established Member
 
Woggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Santa Monica California
Posts: 28,806
If you want to have fun go ahead but don't expect who can't even be loyal to her own children to be loyal to anybody else.
__________________
You know people have completely lost it when you can no longer tell the difference between real headlines and Onion headlines.
Woggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 12:15 PM   #10
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: East Coast US
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
What does that mean?
I was wondering the same thing...
Malin889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 12:16 PM   #11
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post
Says who? You?
Eh, I've seen women complain about being asked to pay child support and alimony.

However, their complaints are generally 100% identical to the men who complain about being asked to pay child support and alimony.

I read divorce forums and no matter which partner makes more money they're usually shocked when they realise they now have to pay their spouse $X every month.

It's the same complaint from both of them. "But it's my money! My ex is a useless leech! Why should I pay him/her? How do I know he/she will really use it on the children?!?"
somanymistakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 12:47 PM   #12
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggle View Post
If you want to have fun go ahead but don't expect who can't even be loyal to her own children to be loyal to anybody else.
Good post. I don't think men or women understand this dynamic. I date women so for women who are un loyal parents this may be good info to know where you stand in society.
dateme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 5:27 PM   #13
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Antipodes
Posts: 9,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by dateme View Post
I have lady friends who are divorced and ordered to pay child support to the child's father. Some are behind and don't even pay. I don't date them because we are friends. But are they considered a good catch? Or a deadbeat mom?
If they are friends, then you would see how attractive they are to other men. So you tell us: are they considered a good catch?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dad Doesn't Pay Child Support KenzMichelle Family 9 9th August 2014 1:17 AM
She doesn't want to pay. Expects me to pay everything. I guess qinboxmail Dating 44 6th August 2010 9:53 PM
Is it wrong to pay a married woman for sex so she can pay her rent? don_guyus General Relationship Discussion 31 16th December 2003 11:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 1:15 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.