Looks vs Personality vol. 2

DrReplyInRhymes

Inspired by a different thread I saw in this section the other day,

I remembered a humorous clip and wanted to hear what you all had to say,

While it is entertainment and dramatized to be a bit unreal,

It certainly touches the real aspect of dating and hints toward the truth, I feel.

In order to accommodate the point of this thread,

be sure to watch this 4 minute clip and pay attention to what's said.

Do you feel this clip accurately reflects modernized dating, dramatized and all,

Or do you think this clip is outrageous and simply dramatized with gall?

• Like 1

For those with Amazon Prime, here's the entire episode, called 'Private Lives'

"Life is a beauty pageant"

Hugh Laurie is brilliant, as usual.

37 - winner! :D

ETA, wrt the topic, IME Chase's experience matches up with what I've seen in life regarding 'looks getting the interview'. He compiled a ream of interview opportunities. Would any of them pan out? Unknown. However, without the interviews, no opportunities exist.

On the female side, Olivia Wilde's (13) real life and character dance card is forever full, dotcha think? Since her character is bi-sexual, twice the fun! I've seen this with real life examples in female friends. Both women and men are attracted to them. Of those who've proven to be less than ideal partners, no worries. Yeah, they might not find a great match but they don't lack for replacements. If personality/vices led, they'd be stranded in the dry inhospitable desert of the real.

That's just how life works. I think I learned that at 11 or 12 or so when my best friend at the time started 'developing' in a significant way and girls, and women, flocked to him for his Brad Pitt looks. I met women I never would have interacted with if not for him. His looks opened doors I'd never known existed. It is what it is.

Edited by carhill
  • Like 1

For some reason when I don't care. Thats when women seem to be into me. Never when its my agenda to explore them romnatically. I am not social awkard and always asking out women. So its not like I am always macking chicks.

On some level for me. I just have to let life hand me a woman when its ready. No amount of prep or anything like that works. What has techincally work is when I don't care or really put out that romantic feelers.

• Like 2
Eternal Sunshine

Didn’t watch the clip just the title.

Personality all the way but only if the guy makes my baseline attractiveness standards: taller than me, large framed and youthful face. If he doesn’t meet that criteria, personality is irrelevant.

• Like 2

How women like me romantically comes to me like this.

It has to be when I interact with them over and over again. I am not putting out romantic feelers towards them. I don't actively pursue them. The women come out and let me know that they dig me romantically.

If I go and put out romantic feelers towards a woman I like. No matter what. There is some sort of obstacle to get to be with them. They are attached=Married/BF in their lives already. Or its lets have kids right away.

I like a slower deeper connection. Not just lets have sex right away and be offically a couple. At least a month of dating. I even think my parents met and went to fast. They met in Summer of 68 and married winter of 1969 and had me in 1971 and brother in 1973. Thats a little to fast. For me my timeline that I think would be good is 2 yrs of being a couple 3rd yr married and maybe 4th yr one child if its in the cards.

We all have different vibes about us. For me it about not putting the lack of love stuff at the centre of my life. I should really let it just come to me when its ready. None of my GF have ever come to me and worked out for a LTR, when I was on the hunt for it. Only when I did not care to make it happen, that it happened for me. I don't know why that is. So that means no matter who I choose. The Universe has a better sense for than I do. I even had a Psychic tell me that as well.

Its just so hard to be that way, when your told over and over again that everything in life you have to go out and get it.

todreaminblue

speed dating where you spend a minute is it? with a person to determine if you want to get to know them more.....what would you go on......mostly looks i guess....

i have never speed dated....because the more i know someone.....the more i become attracted i am not first attracted by a guys looks....a voice maybe....would peak my interest more...I still wouldnt pick up a date speed dating or by first impression.....the type of guys i normally like need time to feel relaxed around me and me around them...i like deep waters.....not shallowness....so i know some women(quite a few) would feel the same as me...but the clip yes i believe it has truth there......deb....

• Like 1

This thread came to mind this morning when I was watching a YouTube channel I follow about a female trucker in Brazil. I first noticed her, not for her looks but for her skills in backing a semi-trailer in a compilation video elsewhere on female truck drivers, then found out her name and searched out her channel.

I was thinking this morning, noting she has over a half-million subscribers and her videos seem to garner 10,000+ views per hour when published, that looks must play a role. I mean, what average woman who drives a truck could stick a camera in the truck, drive around talking into the camera and get that kind of exposure and following? Not a plug for the channel and it's not in English...

I think in this video she's dispelling some rumors that her ample derriere has been augmented with silicone. I think ;) I don't speak Portuguese.

• Like 1
  • Author
DrReplyInRhymes
This thread came to mind this morning when I was watching a YouTube channel I follow about a female trucker in Brazil. I first noticed her, not for her looks but for her skills in backing a semi-trailer in a compilation video elsewhere on female truck drivers, then found out her name and searched out her channel.

I was thinking this morning, noting she has over a half-million subscribers and her videos seem to garner 10,000+ views per hour when published, that looks must play a role. I mean, what average woman who drives a truck could stick a camera in the truck, drive around talking into the camera and get that kind of exposure and following? Not a plug for the channel and it's not in English...

I think in this video she's dispelling some rumors that her ample derriere has been augmented with silicone. I think ;) I don't speak Portuguese.

Sex sells, and in that video, it's very apparent to see,

It's a sexy video with the truck being secondary,

She knows exactly how to garnish such views and that's it,

As well as those commercials featuring x product with a pair of tits.

That's how it works for me too. I noticed that years ago and adjusted my approach accordingly. Now, it doesn't matter how much I am interested in a girl, I always act nonchalant towards her, especially early on.

Chasing women makes them run away. Better to be the kind of guy they want, and make them come to you.

So all I and the men here have to do that are single, is not to care and make no effort to date or get a woman. Just wait for a woman to do the leg work to get into a romantic relationship with us?

Yet the women who are single, don't have to do as much. They got guys coming to them.

I guess its un even between the sexes when it comes to mating.

So all I and the men here have to do that are single, is not to care and make no effort to date or get a woman. Just wait for a woman to do the leg work to get into a romantic relationship with us?

Yet the women who are single, don't have to do as much. They got guys coming to them.

The hottest women don't have to do much. But average and below certainly do, and the smart ones just aren't overt about it. I was always working on one "project" or another to meet and make them like me.

For me, I actually tend to be wary of guys that are too attractive. :p I falsely assume that they're all players or that they have so many women falling over them that they'll leave me...

In terms of who I'm into, I just need someone that is cute and then the attraction can really grow from there. So looks are important for me as a base, but I definitely don't go for the highest of the barrel. I need a little awkward cuteness and he'll be the hottest man in my eyes. <3

The hottest women don't have to do much. But average and below certainly do, and the smart ones just aren't overt about it. I was always working on one "project" or another to meet and make them like me.

I think even the average and below females have it easier, even if they have to work for it. You see average/below females can do just fine, yet the male equivalent versions of them (same attractiveness level) have a line, just trying to get with the same female or lower.

I never said to make no effort. In fact, I think men should make a ton of effort to get with women, but they shouldn't do it in such a way that it becomes obvious to a particular woman that they are trying to get with her. A single guy needs to focus on self-improvement. Hit the gym, eat right, work for a promotion at work, dress well, take some college classes, that sort of thing. Women notice these things. What a man should not do is chase after one particular girl, compliment her all the time, text her incessantly, that sort of thing. Stay cool and create opportunities to interact with ladies.

Who cares? No one achieves success in anything by complaining about others having it easier than they do.

Just want to add, guys should do those things for themselves.