facebook friends?

Hey everyone over these last few days I've been writing people I remember from school, but they don't respond back or add me. I don't have a picture on my profile and they may not remember me? Could be since I don't have a picture, they're nervous to write me back, because they don't think it could be really me?

Could be since I don't have a picture, they're nervous to write me back, because they don't think it could be really me?

Uh, couldn't you answer your own question by putting a picture up?

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2

Were you close enough to these people that they should remember you by name?

I was at a big high school and would only know about 20% of my year by name. And to be honest, I wouldn't add someone as a friend if I didn't remember their name.

Photos help.

For a while my profile pic was a photo of my dog. A lot of people didn't know who I was -- or they weren't sure -- without the picture.

Are you also listed as a member of the group / alumni of the groups you remember them from? Just 'cause you went to Central High if you didn't put that in your profile your old school chums may not realize it's you.

PegNosePete

Even if they do remember you, know who you are, and were friends with you, they might simply not want to be "facebook friends" with you now.

Don't take it personally! Several of my friends from school days have sent me a facebook request. Not just people who were at the same school, but good friends from back in the day that I spent a lot of time with. And yet, I didn't accept. The reason is that now 20 years have passed, they live a long way away, and really don't have much in common any more. If I accepted the request I know what would happen: we'd catch up a bit and then just fall into obscurity again. I like to keep my facebook friends list to people I know and interact with in real life.

• Like 1

Peg I am the opposite. I have FB friends in my music rock groups that I want to interact with. I don't want my real life friends to wrap with FB stuff as much. I will add them, but I am not having a big major conversation about life, when we can talk in the city.

Honestly your problem is not having a picture. I remember so many people by face, but names I can't remember for the life of me!

littleblackheart

I only have real life friends, school mums or family on fb and I've only made a handful of requests myself (the first few). I don't remember either writing a message or receiving one before having them as 'friends' though. So maybe as well as the pic, you may want to just invite them in and wait for them to accept before writing to them?

• Author
i'm not going to respond to any FB clown without a pic
Well that was harsh, but necessary lol.