Friendships vs Romantic Prospects

I wonder why in this area of my life, why my Friendships seem more positive and easy, while my romantic life seems barren and dismal.

I have lots of friends. Its easy to be with them. When it comes to romance. It always feels hard and never just easy.

Is it my area. Is it the times we live in now. My parents met when they were 28 and married at 29. They are going into thier 49 yr in 2018 in Nov. It just seemed so cut and dry for them.

My brother and I are still single. No major romantic prospects in sight at the moment. Although I fancy a woman from a Health store.

What traits do I possess that make it easy for me to make friends, but now its hard to make a romantic connection. It can't be about my looks. I have had romantic conncections, but its not every year. Feels like every 3 yrs if that. Most women I like are attached, so I have to throw it away.

Anyways. What your experiance. Do you have stonger friendships or are your Romantic Prospects easier. I do have a friends named GJ who has managed to go from one realtionship to the next, but really has very few friends. Put it this way. Only two frineds showed up at his Wedding and the rest were family and he is since separted from his wife.

I think there's some overlap with this thread:

Social Skill Set

I have strong male friendships.

The other kind it's about owning one's maleness. Push boundaries. Respect no but push. Own one's sexual desire. It's healthy and normal.

I could post examples but would probably rile up the enemies and it's a bit too explicit for this forum. Suffice to say taking no with a smile sometimes finds a oh my yes later on.

Oh, lastly, verbosity. See my post count? Real men say little and do. Women respond to that. Oh, they'll gush endlessly about 'oh you're such a sweet man' and the like but I know they're looking at me like a dog they want to pet not a guy they want to split the sheets with. Don't be like that ;)

• Author

I have done the push the boundaries with one woman. I was on a date with her and we held hands and had heavy make out session though out the date.

That was not the real me. That was me pushing a romantic agenda on a woman. It never manifested into a relationship.

I still don't understand why one area is superior and the other not.