How to have a Great Romantic Relationship

So in your mind. How do you think one can have a great romantic relationship. Is it really that hard. What things have you seen in your life that work.

For me. I feel the key is Interesting Conversations and Laughs. Doing social and recreational activities with each other. Reasonable flexability and space. Shared Friends and support from family of you being a couple. I also think keeping well groomed, mannered and in shape helps.

I do think that couples need to spend time together and have space. There should be specific time be you have kid or not, that you spend time together. There should be times where you have your space to be in your own thoughts and do things with other friends.

I also think that new opposite sex friends should be kept to a minimum. When I have a GF. I don't think I would be trying to make a opposite sex friend a the same time. If it happens. Then I have to let my GF know and that new Opposite Sex friends exists in our lives and introduce them to each other.

Nothing is perfect, but I think those statements above help.

I am no spring chick anymore. I'm 52, been married long term, then had another long term relationship then dated and dated. Finally this current relationship is working better than all the ones before. I think what makes the difference this time is that we have tremendous kindness, thoughtfulness and respect for each other and in all aspects of our relationship. We are not caught in the cycle of 'demanding' but in the cycle of 'offering'...and the offering mode in a relationship feed itself. Kindness generates kindness, generosity generates generosity....and so on.

Yes we need a minimum of common interest and must have the same relationship goal but the rest is about kindness. My bf and I are from different race, different culture, we have many different opinions on many subjects but we handle it all with respect toward each other's opinion.

• Like 1

I think that as we all get older we get better at relationships