Am I alone in this feeling?

This thread is for those of you who DON'T have your exes as friends on FB. Am I alone in this? Is there anybody like me who does not have their exes as friends on FB?

(PS - you can make a thread of your own if you want to talk about why you are friends with your exes on FB. This thread is a potential party for those who DON'T have exes as friends)

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

Well, I don't know where I fall. There's no way I'd have my exH as a FB friend, and he's by and far my most significant relationship in my life so far. We were married for 14 years and have two kids. He's not even on FB anymore, but he's on IG and we are not friends there. And never will be, although he's liked a few things (pics of our kids) on my account since it is public. His is private.

I am friends with a few other exes, though.

• Like 1
CrazyKatLady

I don't have my exes on facebook--but mainly because I never/rarely had them on there while we were dating...either per their request, or because they were hardly ever around anyways...I still talk with one ex, but we have a son together from 11 years ago, but we talk on phone--I don't even let him on my facebook.

• Like 1

I dont have exes as friends on facebook - although I will admit to occasionally looking at a few exes pages out of curiosity (not interest in them). Also I dont keep them as firends in real life after an intimate relationship ends - dont believe in this for a number of reasons.

• Like 2

No, I don't keep in touch with my exes (both former lovers and friends) on Facebook or anywhere else. Once I'm done, I'm done, and anyway it's better to leave all that in the past, let it go (for me anyway). My sister however keeps in touch with her former flames. I don't know how she does it. I guess she's more tolerant than I am.

• Like 2

For relationships from after I became an adult? Absolutely not. But I do have some exes from high school thirty years ago that I am still friends with. I see that as a bit different though.

• Like 3

I do not have exs as friends on my FB. I actually never had them as friends not even when we were dating. I do not add boyfriends, or any potential boyfriends, I refuse to be one of those women that friend-defriend several times a year.

When I go on my FB my boyfriend can watch my screen and I will never be embarrassed because an ex messaged me, and I don't ever want him to compare himself to some dude I may have dated briefly.

When my ex-husband was alive yes we were friends on FB, his wife was my friend as well. We had been divorced for 15 years so it was all water under the bridge. We only spoke for matters related to our daughter.

• Like 2

Like others, my most meaningful ex-partner is definitely not a FB friend. Although we did text a bit last year after a long silence.

Recent exes, lovers, FWBs, I have only a couple. I don't really mind. Some did insist we should stay friends and why the hell not. I'm more tolerant of this now.

• Like 1

I don't have any exes as friends on facebook or in real life for that matter

• Like 1
whichwayisup
This thread is for those of you who DON'T have your exes as friends on FB. Am I alone in this? Is there anybody like me who does not have their exes as friends on FB?

(PS - you can make a thread of your own if you want to talk about why you are friends with your exes on FB. This thread is a potential party for those who DON'T have exes as friends)

No ex's on my fb. What's the point? I'm not friends with them now, they aren't in my life at all so why would I want to add them? I deleted a request years ago by one exbf I had in my late teens! wtf eh.

• Like 1

I don’t have one of my exes as friend on fb. Curiously, he’s the person who hurt me the most in my entire life.

The exes that I do have as friends are people I don’t care at all.

2.50 a gallon

I am not friends with any of my Ex's.

My Ex-fiancé did break up with me, however our paths did cross about 18 months later and she apologized for listening to her evil sister and wondered if it was possible we could start up again. Which I nixed

And I have a former long term GF whom I broke up with, when I started a relationship with my current GF some 20 plus years ago. However I had moved over a thousand miles away, and while we did talk on the phone a few times, and she had come over for a visit. We both knew that we would never live together again.

I would kind of like to make contact with them as I have many old photographs, that they might want. I would like to throw them away, but do not feel I should, as they might want them.

As for my Ex-W. Her photos were burned years ago.

And as for being friends, should I see her lying beside the road and should she ask me to call her an ambulance. That I would do! "You are an ambulance"

As for my Ex-W. Her photos were burned years ago.

And as for being friends, should I see her lying beside the road and should she ask me to call her an ambulance. That I would do! 'You are an ambulance'

ROTFLMFAO Tell us what you really think! :D

Every girlfriend I've ever had screwed me over so I don't have anything to do with them. I'm not against being acquaintances with Ex's but I can't morally justify giving a damn about them when they cheat, steal from me, lie to me, lie to my kids etc.....I don't feel like it's weird if the separation was mutual and no one got hurt as some people are adults and realize they make better friends than lovers. It's just never happened to me personally.