Can someone teach me how to understand women?

HiIGotFroindZoned

So about 3 weeks ago my girlfriend broke up with me and told me that she doesn't love me anymore as a boyfriend but just as a regular friend. We've been together for a year and we're both 19. Anyhow a week before it happened she had told me that she doesn't love me same way as she used to. Also we go to the same school -_-

The first week she barely wanted anything to do with me and acted like we never knew eachother. But what I don't understand is one week after the breakup she started acting like we're still together in some ways. Like I got really close to her mom and I needed to borrow something from her last week and then her daughter (my ex) came home and was like "wanna chill a bit before i go to practice" and she was all over me and acting like we were still together. So I left because I didn't want that. And this week both our families are skiing in the same area and she hitted me up told me I could ski with her family. Which I replied with "No thank you". Can anyone tell me why she is acting like this? I'm just trying to move on.

No. No one can explain women to you. If the genders understood each other we wouldn't have all this angst.

All I can tell you is 19 year old coeds are flakey but they also "collect" people. You were once in her circle so she thinks after breaking your heart it's perfectly normal to continue acting friendly with you -- minus the romance -- and you should just be fine with it. She isn't making a clean break so you have to.

Cut contact with her & her mother. Return whatever you borrowed & delete her, her family & all her friends from every social media account you have. Do be polite when you run into each other on campus but make no other efforts to connect with her.

• Like 2

She's acting like this because she still likes you as a person and doesn't understand that you need space to recover. Of course, you don't have the return the sentiment - but it really is this simple.

Also, are you in the same friend group at school? If so, you've either got to be personable to her or find a new group.

• Like 2

No...

She is breaking up with you because she has a new BF that you don't know about yet.

The guy that she starts dating after you is the one she is cheating on you with.

And, double no. No one can explain women.

It is best to not try and understand.

When you have a good one you will know it...

somanymistakes

Nobody can teach you how to understand women because we're all different and some of us are a lot crazier than others.

Everyone you meet has their own bizarre way of thinking.

• Like 1

No-one can teach you to "understand women" because they are all as unique as men are. The same goes for any other group of people you are or aren't a part of.

This particular woman isn't interested in you romantically any more, but feels too guilty to break contact with you entirely and isn't respecting your feelings. You have to do what you need to do to heal properly. Whether it is an honest and open discussion on what this new "friendship" really means and what the boundaries/expectations are, or if it is going completely no contact, that is something YOU need to work out for yourself.

Getting to my other point, I say "particular" because not every woman will behave this way. Try to avoid understanding "women" in general, and try to understand that particular woman you are dating as an individual.

Edited by snowboy91
  • Like 1
somanymistakes
Why would you want to understand women? Women understand women and they hate each other :lmao:

Oh trust me time on this forum tells me that we don't understand each other either! :D

• Like 2
  • Author
HiIGotFroindZoned
No. No one can explain women to you. If the genders understood each other we wouldn't have all this angst.

All I can tell you is 19 year old coeds are flakey but they also "collect" people. You were once in her circle so she thinks after breaking your heart it's perfectly normal to continue acting friendly with you -- minus the romance -- and you should just be fine with it. She isn't making a clean break so you have to.

Cut contact with her & her mother. Return whatever you borrowed & delete her, her family & all her friends from every social media account you have. Do be polite when you run into each other on campus but make no other efforts to connect with her.

Thank you for your answer! Well I did cut all contact with her a couple of days ago. What really frustrates me is that the first week she acted like we never knew each other and then she started acting not only friendly towards me but also like we are still together - you know romantic here and there (it didnt seem like she wanted to have sex) and that honestly just pissed me off because i tried to act just like a friend so after that going on for a couple of weeks i decided to cut contact.

• Like 1

I'm With Blue, her behavior makes perfect sense when another guy is involved and she cares about you still. Many women in that position will use something you did to justify her being interested in another guy, but as time passes they begin to realize it's BS.

Secondly, women have a hard time ending any kind of relationship, many have this ability to demote and promote a person in terms of importance to thier life, but really desire to maintain some kind of relationship on some level.

Everyone is right, just cut her off. She will continue to attempt to suck you back in.

• Like 1

I'm sorry you're going through this sad time, HiIGotFriendzoned. Especially since it's confusing. I guess we've all kind of had it happen to us, so you're not alone. She's young and exploring, and this is the perfect time for you to do that too. Good luck.