My gf and ex’s???

Both of us are in our mid 30’s. Been dating 6 months. Everything is great. I’m divorced with no kids. She’s never married. Both want marriage and kids. She does not like ex’s still being in the picture. She will not date anyone with kids because of this reason. But... she communicates with an ex bf from high school and early 20’s through Snapchat. He’s single.

This doesn’t sit well with me especially since she claims ex’s still in the picture could possibly Turn into something. This ex and her rekindled as friends a few yrs ago. They would hangout ever so often. Even had sex a couple times so she says. Her argument as she doesn’t see him as an ex but more As a friend. This worries me. He’s single and I know how guys are. I trust her but not him.

The snaps are harmless as far as the ones I’ve seen, and he’s always the one to send snaps to her first. I think she’s being kinda hypocritical. Should I be worried.? Any advice would help. Thxmks. And I went to high school with both of them. I’m a year older. Never was friends with him

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs

Then she's a hypocrite.

If she won't date a man with Exs in the picture, she needs to be a woman who does not have Exs in the picture.

• Like 5

She's a hypocrite for sure. I would be very weary of this behaviour.

Another point...not sure how long you would want to be with her before settling...but she may wanting to rush to have kids due to her age...and fertility decline....don't let her or any other woman in this position pressure you...before you're ready.

• Like 2

Maybe it depends on what she considers as Exes? Like maybe for her it's ex-wife, ex-husband, and not ex-boyfriends/ex-girlfriends.

I personally consider those two to be different. An ex-spouse was someone at some point in your life, you most likely loved so much that you wanted to spend forever with them - and you made a vow to do so. An ex-boyfriend/girlfriend isn't as serious for me.

If she isn't interested in a relationship where there is the presence of an ex-girlfriend then, yeah totally she's being a hypocrite.

have you talked to her calmly about this and told her this is a dealbreaker?

do not get hitched, if she is still in contact with this guy.