LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Where do you wear your wedding/engagement ring?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th February 2018, 12:48 PM   #16
Established Member

Minor side note - a number of married men I see are wearing silicone bands instead of metal band - who lift weights regularly or engage in martial arts.
Old 8th February 2018, 1:08 PM   #17
Established Member

In the US and Europe, it's common for women to wear both bands on the left hand. Some women prefer to wear just their wedding bands. For instance, a friend of mine has an opal for her engagement ring. Opals are too soft to wear daily so she defaults to her wedding band.

The engagement ring took A LOT of getting used to. My husband got me a gorgeous halo setting and I very rarely wear jewelry, so it was strange to go from nothing to a giant rock on my hand all the time. I am a dedicated weight lifter and it was tricky at first adjusting to something new on my very callused fingers. The first six months I got my ring caught on all sorts of things. I still get it caught on paper towel dispenser every now and then. The wedding band was a much easier adjustment. My band was custom made to fit my engagement ring and it feels quite natural.

Some people wear silicone rings while exercising, rock climbing, etc, but I just go without. One of the best pieces of advice I got was "your ring should be the last thing you put on when you leave, and the first thing you take off when you get home". Even though my ring is platinum I don't wear it while doing anything around the house. Meanwhile, my husband only takes his band off in the shower or when using power tools. He regularly sleeps with it on.
lana-banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 1:15 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana-banana View Post
The engagement ring took A LOT of getting used to. My husband got me a gorgeous halo setting and I very rarely wear jewelry, so it was strange to go from nothing to a giant rock on my hand all the time.
Wow, good to know others had the same problem!! I'm right there right now, and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy when I talk about this. Mine isn't even raised or anything, the gems are fairly small and fairly close to the band. I really love the ring, so much thought and effort went into the design, but I'm worried that I'll never get used to it the way some people do...

(I do tend to be pretty OCD about sensations on my skin in general)
Old 8th February 2018, 1:23 PM   #19
Established Member

I hate rings with a passion!!! Bands suffocating your fingers. They get all sweaty under there. And then with the added weight of an engagement ring. And I like ...symmetry. I mean I'd wear it if my partner insisted, but having us not wear them would be preferable. I guess it just takes a little getting used to.
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 1:30 PM   #20
Established Member

Yeah they took a little getting used to, as I do not wear jewelry generally.

I will say, we purposely picked a setting where the diamond is nestled down low, and my wedding ring is a band of diamonds and sits closely to it.

I didn't want something that I would snag all the time - and at first I would catch it on things, but now wearing it is second nature. I feel it and notice it when I DON'T have my rings on, rather than when I do.

And I take them off for the gym, for horse back riding etc etc.
Old 8th February 2018, 1:31 PM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentChange View Post
Yeah they took a little getting used to, as I do not wear jewelry generally.

I will say, we purposely picked a setting where the diamond is nestled down low, and my wedding ring is a band of diamonds and sits closely to it.

I didn't want something that I would snag all the time - and at first I would catch it on things, but now wearing it is second nature. I feel it and notice it when I DON'T have my rings on, rather than when I do.

And I take them off for the gym, for horse back riding etc etc.
Do you guys wear them at home, as well?
Elswyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 1:32 PM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elswyth View Post
Wow, good to know others had the same problem!! I'm right there right now, and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy when I talk about this. Mine isn't even raised or anything, the gems are fairly small and fairly close to the band. I really love the ring, so much thought and effort went into the design, but I'm worried that I'll never get used to it the way some people do...

You will! It took me about nine months of wear before I grew accustomed to the weight and feel. Now my hand feels substantially lighter without it! I am also hypersensitive to skin sensations, so I empathize. It just takes time.

A friend recommended practicing everything with engagement rings. She was right! When trying them on, practice sitting on your hands, typing, scratching, using your phone, doing whatever you might do in the course of an ordinary day. It helped me get a feel for what was and wasn't comfortable. I know women are all obsessed with the ~*surprise*~ and all, but honestly I am so glad we spent a few months talking it out together and picking something I knew I'd love. Even if you know the proposal is coming it still blows your mind and you aren't ready for it.
lana-banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 1:35 PM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lemming View Post
This reminds me of a funny story. My girlfriend was interviewing for a job and the interviewer looked at her left hand. She said he tried to do it casually, but she caught him looking. She didn't get the job. She thought it was because she was single and they were looking for a more stable individual.

So I bought her a very cheap, Cubic Zirc knock off wedding set she could wear for interviewing. As it was fake, she kept it in a different part of her jewelry box. A few months later, the maintenance guy let himself into her apartment to change the A/C filters, when she wasn't there. After his visit, the CZ wedding set was missing. It was the only thing taken. We both laughed, as the guy stole the absolute cheapest thing (by far) in her jewelry box.

After that incident, she put all of her expensive jewelry in a safe deposit box at the bank.
Haha great story Lemming

Quote:

I too have such an OCD. I'm going to run into the same problems as you for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
I hate rings with a passion!!! Bands suffocating your fingers. They get all sweaty under there. And then with the added weight of an engagement ring. And I like ...symmetry. I mean I'd wear it if my partner insisted, but having us not wear them would be preferable.
You'll need something to keep away the dogs like me
Old 8th February 2018, 1:41 PM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Do you guys wear them at home, as well?
He rarely ever wears his band, he is just too rough and tumble for jewelery.

Me, hahahah let's say i don't generally wear my rings unless I have a bra on.

If I come home and change out of my work clothes, bra comes off, rings come off.

I do wear them for sex often though. I love the way my rings look on my finger when I have my hand wrapped around his cock
RecentChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 3:30 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
I do wear them for sex often though. I love the way my rings look on my finger when I have my hand wrapped around his cock
Now that's an idea...

(Does that mean that you're left handed, or that you wear the rings on the right??? )
Elswyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 3:50 PM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
Now that's an idea...

(Does that mean that you're left handed, or that you wear the rings on the right??? )

Hahahah it's the full service. Takes mouth and both hands to give the head, shaft and balls that much attention.
RecentChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2018, 2:18 AM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
That's hot!
FilterCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote