LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Why Women On Average Are More Physically Attractive Then Men Are.

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2018, 9:47 PM   #31
Established Member

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't know a lot of men who don't work out. They're not all totally cut gods of the gym, but I know very few men who don't at least go to the gym or run or bike or do martial arts....and maintain a healthy weight.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2018, 9:53 PM   #32
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
If you look at women vs male inmates or inpatient hospital or somewhere there is no grooming... no makeup, no hairstyling/dying, no face injections, etc I actually think the men are overall more attractive

Maybe because Im just not used to seeing most women in their natural form or something. Which is sad.
Male inmates are unusually facially attractive. If you want to see some beautiful and fit men, watch prison documentaries. Some of the dudes look like NFL players, some of them are lol

Inmates may well have high t levels than average guy.
hotpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2018, 9:57 PM   #33
Established Member

Dunno what the point of this one is , or maybe it's just yet another guy shooting himself in the foot all over the internet.
But the thing l don't get is why women don't age better.
Yet all that tlc for years and years earlier, l never get that.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2018, 10:05 PM   #34
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingWaterPlease View Post
Worth reading the thread for this dispassionate analysis befitting a Seinfeld show.
you have no idea how much of my life is straight not of a Seinfeld episode.

But really, back to the original question. When it comes to "attractive" we are really talking about sexually attractive, which is inheritly tied to sexuality.

Men are visually motived - and therefore women put extra effort into their appearance because that is what men value.... And I know things are changing, but at this point it's still a man's world.

Gay men pay more attention to their appearance - because they want to attract men.

Men pay less attention to their appearance because women value social ranking / wealth / success over physical appearance.

So back to the question, why do women pay more attention to their appearance? Because that is what men judge them on.

I think men can come in many shapes and forms and still be attractive and sexy, but that's because I am crazy about men. Some women have a more narrow window of what they find appealing. Same is true for guys, some just love women in all forms, and others have very strict requirements as to what they find attractive (must be skinny, or have big tits etc).

One only has to look at the rates of plastic surgery for confirmation of this. How many men augment their bodies via surgery for female approval vs. women who do the same?
Old 7th February 2018, 10:08 PM   #35
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
Dunno what the point of this one is , or maybe it's just yet another guy shooting himself in the foot all over the internet.
But the thing l don't get is why women don't age better.
Yet all that tlc for years and years earlier, l never get that.
I don't know if it's really that they age worse. Like someone else said, check out an old couple at a nursing home - they probably look like twins!

When males get older they are "distinguished" the years show that they have experience, and probably earning potential, these things are attractive.

Women are valued for youth, beauty and fertility - those things go away with age, and now they are no longer "attractive".
RecentChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2018, 10:45 PM   #36
Established Member

Well . do you know that's no myth . They say couples do actually start to look alike but only if they remain in love.
My ex w and l oddly enough actually starting looking a bit alike believe it or not during our happy years.
One way that brings it on but usually only if they are actually in love , is because when your truly in love you literally love so much about the person that you start taking on each others mannerisms and expressions , it just happens.
And this can over a long time literally start to remold each others faces so that after years and years they can actually start looking a bit alike.
Add the expressions and some can end up looking related , l've seen it in a few older couples.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2018, 11:09 PM   #37
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpotato View Post
Men are more likely to be ugly. It's not that women are picky, men are not naturally aesthetic like women are.

Funny, awhile back a radio station had a discussion, and the callers agreed being ugly is more of a man thing. I'm inclined to agree.

Women's bodies look sexy in more ways than a man's. A woman can be skinny and be beautiful. A woman can be bbw and still be gorgeous. Some bbw are absolutely stunning with beautiful faces and hourglass figures. When men get overweight, they get beer guts. Their facial angularity gets covered with fat.

I admit I find maybe 20% of men attractive. Some are all right, but not super sexy.

Men are also more likely to have a host of unattractive features. A woman may be on the unattractive side, but most women will make up for it somehow, like with having a radiant smile, big boobs, sexy legs, etc.

Many straight men could take a page put of the gay book and work out, but they dont...
Dead on....

Think about it this way, and something to think about for all of the doubters...

The design of the Coke bottle is timeless and legendary...Its also present in some of the finest automobiles and other very desirable items...It's not coincidental...This design is a clear tribute to the female form and it's beauty...I don't know of anything male like that is comparable...

Also agree with the bolded..

Guys should be thrilled that most women are born with permanent beer goggles...

Having said all that, though, still wouldn't want to be a woman and am quite happy being a man...

TFY
Old 7th February 2018, 11:13 PM   #38
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefooloftheyear View Post
The gay community would probably just throw off the curve, Id agree...

But that doesn't erase the fact that a woman could go pretty far in attractiveness with nothing more than a favorable hip/waist or a set of DD's....FAR more than a guy with 21" arms could go...

TFY
Its scientifically proven that gay men have lower bmis. If anyone is in a place with a high gay population, naturally there are more attractive, fit men.

Most men have to try harder than average 24 year old woman to look good.
Old 7th February 2018, 11:25 PM   #39
Established Member

Totally disagree. Male form is more sexually attractive. Strength, height, Broadness - everything that exudes power. From their sculpted jaws that do that little twitch down to their adam's apples....that sexy bump of masculinity in their necks. The sexy, strong arms with sculpted muscles and veins prodruding. The hands. Those big strong and capable hands. Hnngh. Then down to those toned abs. Farther down to those v lines on their hips, id love to lap up water from those grooves. Then their thighs and booty, thick, muscular, hard and hairy. Love the hairiness.

My opinion is the correct one.

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 7th February 2018 at 11:37 PM..
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 12:31 AM   #40
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't know a lot of men who don't work out. They're not all totally cut gods of the gym, but I know very few men who don't at least go to the gym or run or bike or do martial arts....and maintain a healthy weight.
You need to spend more time at your local Walmart...

Mr. Lucky
Old 8th February 2018, 7:43 AM   #41
Established Member

Quote:
Totally disagree. Male form is more sexually attractive. Strength, height, Broadness - everything that exudes power. From their sculpted jaws that do that little twitch down to their adam's apples....that sexy bump of masculinity in their necks. The sexy, strong arms with sculpted muscles and veins prodruding. The hands. Those big strong and capable hands. Hnngh. Then down to those toned abs. Farther down to those v lines on their hips, id love to lap up water from those grooves. Then their thighs and booty, thick, muscular, hard and hairy. Love the hairiness.

Good luck trying to find that among the girly handed, narrow shouldered, skinny jeans wearing, 140 lb hipster type men that dominate your age group...And there is documented proof why this is happening...

https://www.healio.com/endocrinology...evels-observed

TFY
thefooloftheyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 9:28 AM   #42
Established Member

Quote:

No one is saying the male form can't be beautiful, we are saying most of the time men are not esp not as is.

I've met the men you describe. Those are a subset of men, not the average guy. There's a huge difference between the 6'3, square jawed guy with the big hands and everyday guy. This is from someone who has dated or known pro and semi pro athletes and 7ft handsome. The difference between them and everyday guy is gigantic. The difference goes beyond the physical as well.

Meanwhile I see plenty of everyday women with cute or pretty faces and sexy shapes.

I've been looking at men as is, and their often meh.
Old 8th February 2018, 10:42 AM   #43
Established Member

I personally find the male form way more intriguing, but I think that is largely because there is just an oversaturation of women's bodies in the media. I even find most female nudes outright boring, as it has become such a stereotype to me. And I'm sexually attracted to women, not men.

So no, I don't think that women are more beautiful.
Old 8th February 2018, 12:52 PM   #44
Established Member

Why women are more attractive than men? Probably because it's a straight man saying it.
somanymistakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 1:06 PM   #45
Established Member

Okay I get what you are saying, but I was exaggerating the male form for emphatic purposes? I see good looking guys of all shapes and forms, some taller, some shorter, some fit, some dad bods alll the time. But I'm not only attracted to jacked, 6'4, and the jaw of a greek god's. Lots of them have been skinny jean wearing.

I do like the adam's apple universally
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote