Guys, what personality type do you like?

I'm very old fashioned. I like a traditional lady. Non-athletic, nurturing, kind, domestically focused - family oriented, soft spoken, polite and respectful. One who likes a man to lead and enjoys being in a supportive role.

• Like 3

For me to consider a relationship with a woman they should:

. Not be so painfully shy that it's just awkward. They don't need to be abrasive but some level of social skills required.

.Be able to ask questions of me, seem genuinely interested in different topics.

.Kind, polite, not someone who is vindictive.

.Down to earth. I guess that's a cliche but to me it means I can say anything and not be judged. I don't like uptight people that take issue with anything you say or get tetchy over a little joke etc.

. Doesn't play games. Honest. This is probably my number 1 quality in a woman - to be able to be fully truthful. If something is bothering you then tell me and let's work it out.

INFJ/INFP, primarily. Must also be confident, competent, and responsible. In contrast to morrowd, I absolutely do not want a traditional lady. I want an equal partner.

• Like 2

I'd LOVE to be attracted to calm, quiet, sweet and warm girl, but somehow I'm always attracted to social butterflies. I just can't get enough of their energy, enthusiasm, joy and happiness. Maybe it's because I'm a social man but also I'm generally low-energy. Energetic people attract me.

Honest and thoughtful

Not exactly 'personality', but my comfort with a woman in a relationship depends on common goals, values, and interests.

Is this a survey, Pop, or do you have a fairly specific reason to ask?

Please describe what you like, rather than what you don’t like.

(This is about women)

Mary Ann as a person verse Ginger as a person?

Mary Ann.

Old fashion values, open minded in the bedroom.

Modern but not feminist.

Wanting a career is good but not at the sacrifice of

the family and marriage.

Wants 2 kids and be a nurturing mother.

Not need opposite sex friends, toxic friends.

Her spouse is her best friend and they spend their

recreational time together.

INFJ/INFP, primarily. Must also be confident, competent, and responsible. In contrast to morrowd, I absolutely do not want a traditional lady. I want an equal partner.

Same here. I can go for ENFP/J as long as they're moderate on the extroversion. In fact, my theoretical best match is ENFP (never had a relationship with one). NF is the key (any variant).

MBTI notwithstanding, I'm looking for warmth, ease of connection, reliability––no games, avoidants, push-pull or any of that. Liberal values, progressive, fully reciprocal, light hearted, positive. Defaults to feeling, but is also rational... theory and systems, does not do emotional reasoning.

Honesty and integrity are givens, baseline attributes.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

Personally, I like an intelligent woman. (Sex only lasts so long and at some point we are going to have to talk) I would prefer our conversations involve subjects that include logic or philosophy. If a woman starts talking about "The Real Housewives" TV shows or anything "Kardashian"; my eyes are going to glaze over and I'll be bored rather quickly.

Independent.

Affectionate, but not clingy.

Like others, she should be kind and patient with me, not demanding.

She should be playful and fun, but not in a ridiculous or embarrassing manner.

She should know how to carry herself in public and in social situations.

She needs to be somewhat active and not lazy. I'm not talking about running a marathon, but a nice nature walk will be required from time to time.

In general I think long term success in a relationship depends on compatibility. You kind of have to fit together like puzzle pieces, where I may be weak in one area, she is strong in that same area and vice-versa.

• Like 1

Did you ever watch Pedro Almodóvar's "Women on the verge of a nervous breakdown"? That appears to be my type: Very outspoken, direct and slightly nuts.

• Like 1

Single/Widowed/Divorced no children or 1 at the most.

Sweet and kind towards me. Does the leg work to get to know me.

Soft and affectionate. Wants to have interesting convrsations and laughs. Up for doing social and recreational activities. Flexable and gives us space so that we don't burn out on each other.

Dresses up for me and wants me at the minimum to be physically affctionate with her and making love at least 3 to 4 times a week and she instigates for the most part.

Has her own identity and I actually want to hear from other people that she is very nice and kind and sweet.

She can have opposite sex friends that are like brothers. If someone likes her. I want her to set them straight that Mysterio is her guy and she was sent to ruin my playboy ways by being his main squeeze.

No rush for kids or get married. Late 30's.

Likes to go to music venues and long walks and explore on vacation. Not sit around. Non smoker, non drinker except for social occasiaons.

Like similar music and get each other into each others bands.

I want her to look at me as her tyoe. So its not me having to charm her all the time.

TV counter part. I like Agent 99's personality to Maxwell Smart on Get Smart.

I actually want us to be ideal for each other. I want our family and friends to be like these two are great together.

When we have problems. I want us to b able to work it out and have it peppered with humour.

I am a Canadian Black male at age 46. For some reason I feel like the woman I will end up will be mixed or White. The average black woman is not into Rock and Roll/Metal so the music part of me is my go to social dynamic. So thats why I think she will be that ethnicity.

She will also be a woman that makes the effort with me. I just go by what has happned in the past. It never works out when I make the effort or do the legwork and the woman will be younger than me. So I am not meeting a woman that is 56 that I make the moves on and she responds favorably.

For whatever reason. I am one of those that has to wait until it falls into my lap, or at least the woman is making an effort, some what to get to know me.

I actuallly think that I am great/rocksolid. I just can't be pushed into having kids/marriage right away. That woman would have to be incredably interesting conversation/laughs and physically affctionate /Warm and Sweet from the get go, .

I think that it is realistic, only if the woman really is into me and wants that as well.

Physically the woman I think I will end up is going to be on the cute side. Short and white/mixed. Not some blonde bombshell or Raven haired mysterious beauty. Think Ann Hathaway in looks. Or Beth Pearson the character played by Susan Watson on This is Us.

Edited by Mysterio
thefooloftheyear

Strong type....Alpha female...Not the loudest one in the room, but the one that's most respected by her peers..Not afraid of spiders or snakes, some tattoos..but not over the top...Can drive a manual transmission or a small piece of construction equipment, ride an ATV or dirt bike and has pretty good minor hand tool skills.....Will ditch the weapon for you, and help you dig the hole in the ground..Can turn every guys head in the room, but also not afraid to get down and dirty when the conditions call for it...;)

TFY

Grounded, down to earth

Confident

Talkative, engaging, charismatic... you know the girl that everyone in the room wants to sit with, wants to talk to. The one who just makes everyone in the presence light up a little bit. Easy to chat to. (Thats just mad attractive to me)

Feminine looking but a bit of a tomboy heart! Competitive, athletic, not afraid of a bit of mud

Positive/cheerful

Patient (I think that's the one i notice less to start with but it means a lot once i get to know someone! Sometimes i struggle to find the right words, I normally end up saying the wrong thing whenever im in a situation that make me nervous. I like being with a girl whos patient, who i knows not going to get up and walk out if i say the wrong thing... someone that just makes you feel, comfortable, that means a lot to me)

• Like 1
Please describe what you like, rather than what you don’t like.

(This is about women)

I like demure, feminine women who do what they're told

Strong type....Alpha female...Not the loudest one in the room, but the one that's most respected by her peers..Not afraid of spiders or snakes, some tattoos..but not over the top...Can drive a manual transmission or a small piece of construction equipment, ride an ATV or dirt bike and has pretty good minor hand tool skills.....Will ditch the weapon for you, and help you dig the hole in the ground..Can turn every guys head in the room, but also not afraid to get down and dirty when the conditions call for it...;)

TFY

dude, there are not a lot of chicks around like that

Quiet strength. Uses their intellectual and emotional strengths as a tool to uplift and support rather than as a weapon to diminish and destroy. Clear communicator, both in word and action. Consistent.

I consider myself blessed to have met a few sterling examples in life and loved a couple of those and darned near married one. That one will always serve as a shining example of the personality style I mesh well with. Of course that's a two way street.

• Like 2

Empathetic, trustworthy, warm, affectionate, likes animals and kids, moderately reserved but with a sly smile that makes you wonder, sees a strong bond between love and sex, and digs monogamy.

I am not too hung up on physical looks or features or weight - but I like a nice set of hips. Hip to waist ratio -- and bright eyes and sly smile kill me.

Only found one in my life and I let her go. :(

dude, there are not a lot of chicks around like that

I don't know. I hit a lot of those, can drive a standard, grew up on dirt bikes and horses, the personality part of it, but wild snakes set off my flight instinct, though I've handled a 15 foot boa and some other tame ones. No tatts.

I'm with Mysterio about the music stuff. It's kind of requisite they have to like R&R. I also loved Agent99, although I'm more Secret Squirrel. That's my actual name at the office.

What I like:

- Sweet, soft, demure, would rather keep her mouth shut than call out everyone and everything.

- Submissive - looks to me to lead

- Intelligent - Understands the way things work

- Shy but not afraid to speak her opinions when asked

- Generous- thinks about me and will get me a little something when she's out because she thinks I will like it. Offers to pay when we are out.

- Introverted/home body.

- Responsible- realizes that life isn't all about having fun at the risk of saving for your future or eating everything in sight because it tastes good at the risk of her figure.

- Feels a strong correlation between feelings and sex. Not the type to have a one night stand just to get her rocks off; has more respect for herself than that.

- Is happy for me to protect her while she takes care of me behind the scenes

- Gains pleasure by giving me sexual pleasure.

I've met one woman in my life who fit all these criteria and she left me which ended me up here. It's an exceedingly rare type.

Since her I've met a mix of women. The trick is to find one good enough sexually who is also demure and sweet/soft. What I've found is the better they are sexually the more brash and obnoxious they tend to be.

I'm very old fashioned. I like a traditional lady. Non-athletic, nurturing, kind, domestically focused - family oriented, soft spoken, polite and respectful. One who likes a man to lead and enjoys being in a supportive role.
Almost the complete opposite of this. I like modern women. Prefer athletic, but not required. Nurturing and domestic skills are not needed since I don't want children and I'm completely self-sufficient in the domestic department. I like a woman who wants to be an equal partner in a relationship.
  • Like 2

Believes in being faithful

Not a manhater

Believes in being kind and treating others the way she would want to be treated

Wants to go out and enjoy life instead of just being unhappy and bitter

Has an appreciation, for good music, good film and good art in general

Is well read and intelligent with a natural curiosity about the world

Is an independent thinker

I already have a woman like this in my life.

• Like 2