Do you believe some people come into your life for a specific purpose before leaving?

throwaway2k17

I was devastated from being dumped in a 4 year relationship for months.

Met a girl at work. I suddenly felt so good just flirting/talking to her and really felt a strong connection. I didn't think id ever meet a girl who could make me happy again 6 months ago.

We spent a few intimate nights together and i started to fall for her and vice versa. I haven't thought of my ex since the day i met this girl (3 months). I've become a way healthier person ever since we crossed paths.

Now she has to move back home across the country for good. I feel so torn about it but I'm wondering if i should just appreciate it because she has helped me get over my ex in ways i didn't think possible.

I wonder if our paths crossed for her to help me heal, and now that i truly feel over it, this girl has to leave.

Im not a religious person at all but for the first time in a while i feel like some higher power stepped in, placed this person here for me, and is now sending her away now that i'm doing a lot better. Absolutely gutted to see her leave now but i feel as though i should be happy that she showed me i could love again.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

Well, I have a bit of a different view on it, but I guess my answer could still be considered a "yes."

I'm more apt to believe that the experiences this girl had in her life prior to meeting you prepared her to be a comfort to you when you needed it. I believe this is the purpose of all human suffering....to help the next person. I've seen this evidenced in my own life more times than I can count.

• Like 6

Maybe. The jury is out. I do believe in a certain amount of synchronicity. I think it's mostly about energy and your own lifestyle bringing you into contact with people you may have a connection with, and I think it's at least as much about you finding something to appreciate in the person as the person being heaven-sent.

• Like 1
RecentChange

I have.

I am not religious, I do not believe in a higher power (I am agnostic, show me proof, either way), I tend to be very very rational and just do not bite into those sorts of things.

But, with that said. I recently had a similar experience and it left me questioning things.

Someone waltzed into my life who I had an unusual and immediate connection with. We shared coffee and deep conversations.

Then the next week, my mother died, and I was alone (husband out of town, I was the only person at work when I got the call with the news etc - felt very alone).

He happened to reach out on that very day, I don't know how he knew I needed someone but he did. He gave me a shoulder to cry on, and a hug when I needed it..... I told him how I had been procrastinating calling my mother that week, as she always called on my birthday (and sang me happy birthday).

He called the next morning, well before dawn, and left me a voicemail signing happy birthday to me.

And then "poof". He literally, as the internet lingo goes... ghosted me.

I haven't heard from him ever again. I wasn't hurt, I was very grateful for his support. And it left me confused. I don't know what happened. How he was brought to me at the very moment... I can't explain it. Its like she sent him.

• Like 1
  • Author
throwaway2k17
I have.

I am not religious, I do not believe in a higher power (I am agnostic, show me proof, either way), I tend to be very very rational and just do not bite into those sorts of things.

But, with that said. I recently had a similar experience and it left me questioning things.

Someone waltzed into my life who I had an unusual and immediate connection with. We shared coffee and deep conversations.

Then the next week, my mother died, and I was alone (husband out of town, I was the only person at work when I got the call with the news etc - felt very alone).

He happened to reach out on that very day, I don't know how he knew I needed someone but he did. He gave me a shoulder to cry on, and a hug when I needed it..... I told him how I had been procrastinating calling my mother that week, as she always called on my birthday (and sang me happy birthday).

He called the next morning, well before dawn, and left me a voicemail signing happy birthday to me.

I haven't heard from him ever again. I wasn't hurt, I was very grateful for his support. And it left me confused. I don't know what happened. How he was brought to me at the very moment... I can't explain it. Its like she sent him.

Sorry for your loss. Yes. This is exactly what i mean. It must just be synchronicity. It's odd how people come and go after they "serve their purpose." I wish the new girl i was talking about was just a regular girl who helped me here and there. Of course it had to be a surreal connection and deeply intimate. Now that i developed some attachment, i get to enjoy her being ripped away. :D Lovely.

CautiouslyOptimistic
I have.

Oh wow. Maybe he was actually an angel. I've had a few moments like this in my life and so have my children.

• Like 2
todreaminblue

yes i believe in god planting people in your life for a reason the bible even says so ....a reason for everything....and everything having a time and a place to be....

god aligned his thread in your patchwork quilt ....you got to share that quilt with another ...her time in your life was also your time in hers and then it gets bigger .....it gets to be the people you both touch in the future ...are affected however small that may be, by your time together it touches many......you just don't get to see the whole quilt..... i believe it can only be by design anything is made.....created.....

you believe in a higher power whatever that higher power is....i believe in god....whatever we believe in if you can see eventually through the pain it become as wondrous how things happen....how people meet ..or might not have met.........drift away.....stay...its all so intricate......

and its been happening since man began ...eternal.....so cool....smilin....beautiful really ...even the good byes become....almost beautiful... i do loathe goodbyes...but even goodbye becomes part of someones beautiful....if you leave someone better than they were before they met you ...they become someones beautiful hello....i believe in that..deb

• Like 2

It's an interesting question, and one I'm kind of answering on the fly here. I've never been one to believe in a higher power but I just keep bumping into the same people who prompt me to ask the same big questions about my life and where I'm heading... and from an outside perspective I'm still stuck in the same rut years later. But on the inside so much has changed!

Humans are incredibly complex creatures, and any fellow human you meet has an enormous amount of life experiences and beliefs that make them who they are, and which makes them unique. I think when you feel someone has come into your life at the right moment, they are someone who helps you change your perspective in order to heal and move forward with whatever it is you're dealing with, or to open up your mind to something completely new about yourself.

But I don't think there is exactly one person in the world who can offer that fresh outlook... statistically speaking, there are billions of people on the planet, and how many do you see on a day to day basis? Over a period of years? If you consider a tiny chance of finding that person on a given day, but add it over many years... it becomes likely you will have that person come into your life at some point. Even multiple people at multiple times for different reasons. Although what's weird is how the same person can appear multiple times... maybe that's the universe shouting something at me that I refuse to listen to...

Maybe. The jury is out. I do believe in a certain amount of synchronicity. I think it's mostly about energy and your own lifestyle bringing you into contact with people you may have a connection with, and I think it's at least as much about you finding something to appreciate in the person as the person being heaven-sent.

I think there's something in this. Inadvertently you do end up gravitating toward a situation where you meet these people, you feel as if they've come into yours when you've actually come into theirs.

• Like 1

throwaway2k17,

I have lost count of the number of people that have come into my life, helped me/showed me a different viewpoint/changed my direction/taught me something and then moved on.

By the same token I've had people come into my life that have caused problems that I've had to deal with and been a real pain the @r$e. I've had to take steps to remove this people from my life (or removed myself from theirs)

Angels and demons? Who knows? :)

• Like 2
  • Author
throwaway2k17

Thank you all for the responses. I'm just looking for reasons to make myself feel content over the situation and her leaving. I appreciate the life experiences and wisdom you guys shared.

• Like 1
Aiuta le mani

Thanks for sharing here! I do believe that our life has a purpose and every interaction that you have is an opportunity to touch and change people’s lives. Keep searching for that purpose and finding opportunities to bless and be blessed by others. I pray that you find what your heart is looking for! Please let me know if you want to know more about finding your purpose my friend!

• Like 1
Sorry for your loss. Yes. This is exactly what i mean. It must just be synchronicity. It's odd how people come and go after they "serve their purpose." I wish the new girl i was talking about was just a regular girl who helped me here and there. Of course it had to be a surreal connection and deeply intimate. Now that i developed some attachment, i get to enjoy her being ripped away. :D Lovely.

At least she showed you that eventually you’ll be ok.

Any chance of her staying/working something out?

• Author
throwaway2k17
At least she showed you that eventually you’ll be ok.

Any chance of her staying/working something out?

Sadly no. She can't afford it currently. And i can't afford to move. We're both early 20's.

l don't really know myself , but there have been things that have happened and l've wondered for sure.

But on the new women , you can always keep seeing each other if it was that good. If it keeps growing someone moves later on.