Is it Okay to Entertain Two?

Okay Loveshackers, opinions please.

Is it okay to talk to and meet up with more than one guy?

Heh. TOTALLY depends on the guys. Do you/they want sex or LTR? Are you going to try to keep them secret from each other? Do they want exclusive?

One extreme: all three want sex and don't care about exclusive - no problem talking (but yes problem with STI risk).

Other extreme: they both want exclusive LTR - you'd be playing with fire.

MeadowFlower

IMO there's no harm in dating around as long as you don't lead these guys on to believe they are "exclusive", don't sleep with them. :)

• Like 1
Okay Loveshackers, opinions please.

As in date? Or what, as just hang out?

I would never multi date women at the same time or

date a woman that want to multi date me and other men.

And I would not go to meet up with a woman that also

wanted to meet up with another man at the same time.

Girl friend?

What girl friend?

I don't need no stinkin' girl friend.

What a man needs is a girlfriend.

Real men do not share their girlfriends.

IMO, date as many guys as you want, as often as you want, until you decide on one. That's the purpose of early stage dating - finding a likely match. Then the exclusive dating period is for determining if that likely match truly is a lasting match.

I even think it's okay to have sex with the best candidates, because sexual compatibility is a big part of deciding who is a good match. However, you can do that sequentially if you'd rather. Pick the best potential guy and have sex a few times. If he's still a good match, break off with the rest. If he's not, break up with him and move on to the next guy. Sometimes, none will be a great match, and you start over. You learn things by having sex that you won't learn any other way.

• Like 1

It's fine. That's just dating. Like others said, you can be low-key about it and don't have to tell everyone right away, but anyone with any sense knows what "Sorry I already have plans means." Then if someone begins to get really invested in you, at that point you decide if you want to continue dating around and let them know you're not ready to be exclusive, or you decide to be exclusive. Good luck. It's nothing to feel bad about as long as you're honest. That's what "dating" means.

• Like 1

Yes, it's okay to do so simultaneously.

There seem to be two distinct "camps" when this is discussed: some people think they should only date one at a time, and decide, and others prefer to have multiple options when possible. It's simply preference, I think, and you should do what's best for you (and if it really matters to date one at a time, ask for the same from those you date). I do wonder if it's people with very few options who object to multi-dating.

I've always been in the date as many as are interested camp, and let things sort themselves out. If someone else you're dating is a better match than me, then go for them. And vice versa.

• Like 2

Sure, no problem, I presume 'at the same time' doesn't mean on the same date ;)

Such dating was common when I was younger. Some women were dating 3 and 4 guys at the same time, sometimes more than one on the same day. One for lunch, another for dinner. Great time to be a lady in demand. Well fed :D

Thanks for replying guys �� I should point out that I'm not meaning having FWB or the physical intimate act.

My personal view only - just dating two or more people is fine - don't owe anyone an explanation.

However - start having sex with one or more regularly - you need to be very open and clear that you are not (for now) sexually exclusive.

• Like 3
  • Author
MeadowFlower
It's fine. That's just dating. Like others said, you can be low-key about it and don't have to tell everyone right away, but anyone with any sense knows what "Sorry I already have plans means." Then if someone begins to get really invested in you, at that point you decide if you want to continue dating

around and let them know you're not ready to be exclusive, or you decide to be exclusive. Good luck. It's nothing to feel bad about as long as you're honest. That's what "dating" means.

What do you mean by "don't have to tell everyone right away"?

'I'm not interested in dating anyone else now. How do you feel about that?'

That was common back in the day since dating and having sex with other people was also common. Sexual revolution and all. AIDS kinda dialed it back for awhile.

Anyway, the transition from 'whatever' to 'we're only dating each other because we want to' usually involves some sort of conversation on that. Else, enjoy. More the merrier.