LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

What do men find attractive

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th December 2017, 2:39 PM   #46
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyLibertyBelle View Post
I think the first thing men want is thin (if they are it not!)
That’s the first thing I look for in a woman and likely the most important.

The sad thing is most of the women online in their 40s are not. Howver, you may not know it until you meet due to clever camera trickery.

Of equal importance is height (or lack there of actually). Again, it seems that the majority of profiles I am seeing are all tall (5’5”+).

Many guys prefer taller woman and ones who have “meat” on them. I wish I didn’t have specific preferences as it would open up my options. Unfortunately I like what I like.
SevenCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 5:45 PM   #47
Established Member

I just remembered a friend I knew in college. What ever it takes to get women interested in them, he had it in spades. All the hot ladies on campus were throwing themselves at him. He dated, but was totally dedicated to getting good grades and a good education. So did not take as much advantage of the situation as most would have.
Ten years later we crossed paths and he invited me over for dinner and to meet his wife. I figured he must have married one great looker.
Not so! She was so un-appealing, I could not look at her while I ate. And yet he was totally happy with her.
2.50 a gallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 7:07 PM   #48
Established Member

I think I know what I like but... I can be surprised.
Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 9:50 PM   #49
Established Member

I seem to like women who are direct, extroverted, smart and sexually aggressive. I'm not that specific on body type, but I've been with far more tall women than short ones. I'm also not locked into any specific ethnicity or other particular physical attributes.

I don't think my answer will help the OP much ...
Old 30th December 2017, 11:25 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
I think that what most men find attractive is: hot looks (body more so than the face), extroversion/bubbliness/fun (even at the expense of being irresponsible, substance abuser, mentally ill and/or broke) and youth. I have seen it times and times again.
A good body can not make up for a bad face.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 12:18 AM   #51
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
I think that what most men find attractive is: hot looks (body more so than the face), extroversion/bubbliness/fun (even at the expense of being irresponsible, substance abuser, mentally ill and/or broke) and youth. I have seen it times and times again.
There is some truth to this. Generally speaking, men make their own way in life so we don't care if a woman is all that responsible or makes a lot of money. Just want a cute girl that is a pleasure to be around.

The polar opposite of the girl you describe might be an overweight, older and established, but a boring and bitter woman that no one wants to spend significant time with. That is something that I see time and time again.

From a man's perspective, why do you think we would make the choice we make?
enigma32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 10:13 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma32 View Post
There is some truth to this. Generally speaking, men make their own way in life so we don't care if a woman is all that responsible or makes a lot of money. Just want a cute girl that is a pleasure to be around.

The polar opposite of the girl you describe might be an overweight, older and established, but a boring and bitter woman that no one wants to spend significant time with. That is something that I see time and time again.

I agree and said this before. I want a woman that is very attractive,
to me, as the qualifier, meaning she does not have to be a model.
Be a great lover, friend, housewife, mother, spend our time
together.

What she does not have to have is a career or high paying job.
Her job is to be a wife. If I cannot make enough money then she
will have to get some kind of job to help out.

A wife's income is not a requirement to be a good wife. Though
what man would turn down the offer of marriage from a woman
that has all of the above that has a 3/4 ton crew cab pick up,
bass boat, hunting lodge on a bass lake with plenty of acreage
to hunt on.

And, she will let you own a motorcycle.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 11:07 AM   #53
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeta View Post
We are 7 billions on earth so there are 7 billions answers to this question.
The question came about because I was doing some reading online, and many women had a list of what they think men find attractive.

Many referred to physical characteristics ( thin, curvy, etc.) , some intellectual ones, and a few were emotional.
Old 31st December 2017, 11:14 AM   #54
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
This is a trick question.
right
Actually it's not.

I had read some online articles about what people find attractive, and the responses form women were, for the majority, all about physical traits. There wee some that included aspects like loyalty, intelligence, wit and a sense of humour, and I was interested to hear from more women and men as well.

Physical attraction may bring two people together, but it isn't enough to sustain a relationship.
wmacbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 11:21 AM   #55
Established Member

Unfortunately, what men are attracted to has always been what made them unattractive to me.

When I was younger, good legs, tiny waist, big boobs, pretty (I see that this was what I had from my photographs, at the time I had very low self esteem), men were so focused on my looks it was a huge turn off. I'm intelligent and wanted someone who liked that, not my big boobs.

I've since worked out I'm a sapiosexual. I love intelligent men. Their looks are irrelevant. I still don't like blokes that are all about looks. Very unattractive in a guy. Fortunately, due to ageing, I'm not attractive to them any more either.
heartbrokenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 11:31 AM   #56
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmacbride View Post
The question came about because I was doing some reading online, and many women had a list of what they think men find attractive.

Many referred to physical characteristics ( thin, curvy, etc.) , some intellectual ones, and a few were emotional.
'Many referred to physical characteristics ... some ... a few ...' I agree with your cited online source that is what men find ATTRACTIVE i.e. desirable for a sexual relationship. Not necessarily the same ordered list for desirable for a long-term relationship. Just sayin' (and stating a personal opinion not necessarily shared by men in general).

Case in point: the most conventionally attractive women are entertainment celebrities in full makeup (just saw a youtube vid of Margot Robbie on Jimmy Kimmel) To me, yes she is VERY attractive. But I see plenty of non-celebrity, not made up, older women with less striking facial bone structure and less 'perfect' bodies who are also attractive.
nospam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 12:57 PM   #57
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyLibertyBelle View Post
I think the first thing men want is thin (if they are it not!)
So not true, and seriously not among any of the men I know. I'm surprised to see some men here who agree with you and I can't help but think that they are very young and inexperienced.

Yes I am attracted to a GOOD FIGURE; "thin" does not describe it. There are very unattractive thin bodies as well as plenty of thin women who are unattractive (to me) in various other ways.
NuevoYorko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 1:19 PM   #58
Established Member

What I want and what I can get are not coinciding.

I used to say I was attracted to manipulative [women] cause that's all I ever dated so I changed what I liked.

I want smart, funny, active, engaged in life, pretty.

Apparently I have nothing going for me.

Isn't is funny how what we think we want and what we end up with very seldom match up?

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 31st December 2017 at 1:39 PM.. Reason: Merge and edit for language
Mr.Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 2:04 PM   #59
Established Member

Quote:
And now you see why men answer that question the way we do. Can't be completely honest when we are asked questions like this.

Your value may very well not be the shape of your butt, but that is likely what makes men want to be with you. Just as so many people on this site like to say, there has to be some attraction. Otherwise, that wonderful mind of yours is just enough to put you firmly in the friendzone.
I actually disagree with that last sentence. From a woman's perspective, a friendship is what can lead to having feelings for someone. There probably are deeper men out there too who aren't so primeval to be focused on merely a body.
Old 31st December 2017, 2:12 PM   #60
Established Member

Quote:

Yeah, I see your point but I wish men valued intelligence, loyalty and kindness more than superficial entertaiment. It also kind of sucks that men are so focused on youth since men are also much less attractive as they age. I find it hard to find men around 40 that are in decent shape and don't look like my dad.