LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

What do men find attractive

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th December 2017, 6:16 PM   #1
Established Member

What do men find attractive

A question for the ladies...

What do you think men find attractive in women?

A question for the men...

Are the ladies right in what they feel men find attractive?
Old 28th December 2017, 6:36 PM   #2
Established Member

We are 7 billions on earth so there are 7 billions answers to this question.
Old 28th December 2017, 6:42 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmacbride View Post

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Personally, while I can appreciate a nice butt in a pair of yoga pants, I usually prefer a girl that doesn't dress exactly like every single other woman out there. I will check out miss yoga pants since she has ber bits and pieces on display, but ultimately, I will go out with the girl rocking jeans and a pair of Dr. Marten's. Individualism is exceedingly attractive.
enigma32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 6:43 PM   #4
Established Member

Almost every answer will be right, but the inconsistencies arise during the practical application. People often rationalize, but when it comes to real life application, it seldom turns out as expected because most people are incapable of rationalizing emotions. It is usually one or the other, so even though most can list the things that they want and like, what they end up with will not necessarily always align well with the list, if at all.
Old 28th December 2017, 6:49 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeta View Post
We are 7 billions on earth so there are 7 billions answers to this question.
my, we're getting sort of philosophical Gaeta
Old 28th December 2017, 6:58 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:

That she's breathing. Very few men are attracted to women who don't breathe.
somanymistakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 7:02 PM   #7
Established Member

LOL because I love this type of question. Years ago my eldest son and I watched a documentary on TV. A whole lot of fluff but the bottom line 'greatest' factor: women find height attractive in a man, men find waist to hip ratio attractive in a woman. For me that is spot on although it is not my only factor. I believe there are sufficient studies that conclude humans are generally attracted to physical cues in a candidate mate that suggest that candidate will be likely to produce and raise healthy children. For me, aside from that waist to hip ratio, I find good teeth and long hair attractive. I've seen both cited as health cues. My personal preferences include factors which I don't recall considered health cues: a pretty face, a thin (NOT anorexic) or athletic body, and height neither taller than me nor more than about eight inches shorter. I think my preferences are rather 'conventional'.
nospam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 7:04 PM   #8
Established Member

Most men who have expressed that they are attracted to me said it was because of my mind. My attitude. The way I carry myself.

And honestly, if that isn't the main thing that draws someone to me, I wouldn't be that interested in him.

My value isn't in the shape of my butt, or the color of my hair. Sure those can be pluses, but I want my brain - what I consider "me" to be #1.
RecentChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 7:04 PM   #9

Quote:

Mature & divorced, widowed or bored married. Slightly overweight and/or nearing end of their shelf life so wanting to relive a more exciting bad youth (that they never really had). Thus emotionally vulnerable.
badfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 7:33 PM   #10
Established Member

I don't know where to even start so I better make a concise post.

Smart, confident, kind and attractive in that order.

I honestly don't care for a model thats a complete and utter [insert any demeaning word for an obnoxious woman]. I haven't had many super atttactive women. What make them attractive is the chemistry between me and her, so as gaeta said. All replies will be valid.
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 7:39 PM   #11
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Far be it from me to discourage discussion and page views of this web site but unless my reading comprehension has failed, here's the request for male input in this thread:
Quote:

From my current review of the thread, there's practically no female input to compare

Guys, feel free to start a thread about what you individually find attractive in a woman. Threads are free. Thanks!
William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 7:42 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentChange View Post
Most men who have expressed that they are attracted to me said it was because of my mind. My attitude. The way I carry myself.

And honestly, if that isn't the main thing that draws someone to me, I wouldn't be that interested in him.
And now you see why men answer that question the way we do. Can't be completely honest when we are asked questions like this.

Quote:
My value isn't in the shape of my butt, or the color of my hair. Sure those can be pluses, but I want my brain - what I consider "me" to be #1.
Your value may very well not be the shape of your butt, but that is likely what makes men want to be with you. Just as so many people on this site like to say, there has to be some attraction. Otherwise, that wonderful mind of yours is just enough to put you firmly in the friendzone.
Old 28th December 2017, 7:59 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma32 View Post
And now you see why men answer that question the way we do. Can't be completely honest when we are asked questions like this.

Your value may very well not be the shape of your butt, but that is likely what makes men want to be with you. Just as so many people on this site like to say, there has to be some attraction. Otherwise, that wonderful mind of yours is just enough to put you firmly in the friendzone.
Okay this is going to be a terrible humble brag.

I would say my ass is perhaps what they first notice, but not what makes them want to BE with me (eh, my face is better than my ass anyway).

Its after they talk to me at a bit that they get all googly eyed (and after I make it clear that I am not single) they start to ask where they can meet a woman like me. One that thinks like me. I am a Tom Boy in a feminine body. I have been told (even by people on this site) - that I "think like a man". And my interest are generally more in line with men's interest (rather talk about the advantages of a 5 speed transmission rather than fashion trends)

My husbands friends often speak about how "cool" and or smart I am, and how they want to find someone similar. They don't say they want to find someone who looks like me, they say they want to find someone who thinks like me.

There is even a word for it being thrown around now, "Sapiosexual":

Sapiosexuals: Why We're Scientifically Attracted To Intelligent People (she speaks my language)

I am most definitely one, I will not suffer a fool.

And I tend to be attracted to them, men who value a sharp conversation over the most stunning beauty in the room. Sure, many would like to have both, but when push comes to shove, its that brilliant mind, the seduction of it that gets me going... and I know I have been able to work some men from the same angle.

The ones who just think I am "hot" bore me instantly.

Now of course, that doesn't mean that looks do not matter. Of course they do - and if I looked like a used up hag, I am sure those young men wouldn't get so googly eyed.

My body is not hot enough to get me far, I have better assets.
Old 28th December 2017, 8:12 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentChange View Post
Okay this is going to be a terrible humble brag.

I would say my ass is perhaps what they first notice, but not what makes them want to BE with me (eh, my face is better than my ass anyway).

Its after they talk to me at a bit that they get all googly eyed (and after I make it clear that I am not single) they start to ask where they can meet a woman like me. One that thinks like me. I am a Tom Boy in a feminine body. I have been told (even by people on this site) - that I "think like a man". And my interest are generally more in line with men's interest (rather talk about the advantages of a 5 speed transmission rather than fashion trends)

My husbands friends often speak about how "cool" and or smart I am, and how they want to find someone similar. They don't say they want to find someone who looks like me, they say they want to find someone who thinks like me.

There is even a word for it being thrown around now, "Sapiosexual":

Sapiosexuals: Why We're Scientifically Attracted To Intelligent People (she speaks my language)

I am most definitely one, I will not suffer a fool.

And I tend to be attracted to them, men who value a sharp conversation over the most stunning beauty in the room. Sure, many would like to have both, but when push comes to shove, its that brilliant mind, the seduction of it that gets me going... and I know I have been able to work some men from the same angle.

The ones who just think I am "hot" bore me instantly.

Now of course, that doesn't mean that looks do not matter. Of course they do - and if I looked like a used up hag, I am sure those young men wouldn't get so googly eyed.

My body is not hot enough to get me far, I have better assets.
That is a very attractive trait. IMO, many relationships fall apart because men and women have so little in common. Tough to find a decent looking girl with mutual interests.

I used to date a girl like that ages ago. Cute girl, but she was totally into guy stuff. I told her that hanging out with her was like chilling with one of my best guy friends if he were to have a great set of.....ahh assets. Best way to describe her. If she hadn't been such a big drinker in those days I likely would have held on to her.

I of all people will not call you out for a humble brag lol. I may be guilty of that myself from time to time
Old 28th December 2017, 8:20 PM   #15
Established Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma32 View Post
That is a very attractive trait. IMO, many relationships fall apart because men and women have so little in common. Tough to find a decent looking girl with mutual interests.

I used to date a girl like that ages ago. Cute girl, but she was totally into guy stuff. I told her that hanging out with her was like chilling with one of my best guy friends if he were to have a great set of.....ahh assets. Best way to describe her.
So then you do not really disagree with me? Maybe its because I was raised by a single dad who told me I was a bad ass - I don't know, but I have always been in the boys club. I was the only female invited to a bachelor party before.

Pair that with some decent looks - for some men its a very attractive trait. Not for all though - I think some want more ying to their yang. More feminine qualities than I have.