What has been this girls intentions?

Hi, so let me get straight to the point and hope you can read all of this and help me out.

So i have liked my close friend's sister for the longest time, but we never told each other how we felt and i always played it cool in person. Im 100% sure she liked me as it was very obvious and showed all the signs you can expect. This has gone on for 6 years now. I never made a move on her because I didnt want to make it awkward for my friend and I didnt know how to have the conversation with him about liking his sister.

Fast forward to as recent as last year when we all went to the beach(me,her brother, her, and their little brother), she would try to initiate conversation with me, she would laugh at my jokes, caught her staring at me while i was laying on the beach towel and she smiled and turned away. While we were both in the water we locked eyes from a distance for a good 2-3 seconds. She then started mimicking me in the water by blowing bubbles in the water. I never actually tried talking to her one on one that day and now have deep regrets.

Couple of months later at a friends wedding we saw eachother again. She brushed up behind me and put her hand on my shoulder while me and her brother were taking pictures. She came from no where and was walking enthusiastically with her hips before she touched me on the shoulder. Later on her brother's friend asked her to dance with him not once but twice and she accepted both times and she would smile with him etc. I started to get a bit jealous and kind of ruined my mood for the day and this was supposed to be the day i wanted to make a move on her.

Fast forward to the end of the night, i was alone at the table and her and her friend came up to me and asked me whats wrong. The girl i like grabbed my hand and asked to dance with her and i went with her to the dance floor. She started dancing by herself and i made a joke how i cant dance and busted a move just to make them laugh. After a few minutes i left her and her friend hanging without saying a word and went to the bar and met up with some of my friends. I think ever since then she started losing interest in me. I caught her eyeing me from a distance later that night from her table while I was talking with the groom(my best friend).

So we dont really talk for a year since then other than me asking her to come to my house for a house party through a fb message but she actually had a concert that day and she wasnt lying cause it was posted on her wall and i forgot about that. She ends up not wishing me a happy birthday, which is rare because she always has. It could be because i havent wished her a happy birthday in the last 2 years coupled with the fact of what i did to her at the wedding. I then decide its time to forget about her and decide im moving out of state to pursue one of my hobbies that ive been into for a while and make good money at, meet other women and forget about her, but i just cannot i dont know why.

5 months into my new venture, a couple of days ago i message her for her birthday. She doesnt have her birthday on her fb profile, but i remembered her birthday and hopefully she liked that i remembered without fb having to tell me. We exchanged about 5 or so messages each. Her responses were always very LONG and detailed, but her reply time took hours and sometimes she just didnt respond that night and messaged me back in the afternoon the next day. She had many 'hahas' and general excitement with exclamation marks etc. This went on for 2 days or so and now she just stopped replying. My last reply wasnt a question, but it was a teasing joke that shouldve at least got a laughing reply.

My question to you, is what do you think of all of this? Does she still like me by any chance? I really liked this girl, and i cant get over her, even when i moved out of state. Its like i dont want to find any other girl. Maybe its turned into an infatuation, im not sure. Thank you in advance

After 6 years this woman has given up hope. She practically throws herself at you but you do nothing. To save face, she is moving on.

If you still like her, man up, tell your friend / her brother then ask her out on a proper date.

He who hesitates is lost. If you don't do something you will lose her. She's going to find another guy who is not afraid to express his desire for her.

• Author
After 6 years this woman has given up hope. She practically throws herself at you but you do nothing. To save face, she is moving on.

If you still like her, man up, tell your friend / her brother then ask her out on a proper date.

He who hesitates is lost. If you don't do something you will lose her. She's going to find another guy who is not afraid to express his desire for her.

I wouldn't say I haven't done nothing. I've invited her to out to six flags since she likes going there, albeit it was through a facebook message, she nonetheless ignored me after showing a week before very positive interest when wishing me a happy birthday and asking where I've been and how I've been ghost lately etc. She's been playing games as well or maybe she was just being friendly all those years? But in person it just doesn't scream a friend zone vibe. She basically gives me all the signals a woman would show if she is interested and she never talks about other guys with me etc.

Regarding asking her out somewhere, it's kind of a tough situation now with me being very far from her in a different state. I also can't go and express I like her through a text or facebook message that's just weak.

You're lucky this even went on past a few days. Most girls will lose interest in you after a few times they put themselves out there.

You're being wayyyyy too meek about this. I don't see any games being played here, she likes you and is being VERY obvious about it. Quit being a wuss and just tell her you like her! Or next time she's being flirty grab her and kiss her.

Man up and make some power moves.

• Author
You're lucky this even went on past a few days. Most girls will lose interest in you after a few times they put themselves out there.

You're being wayyyyy too meek about this. I don't see any games being played here, she likes you and is being VERY obvious about it. Quit being a wuss and just tell her you like her! Or next time she's being flirty grab her and kiss her.

Man up and make some power moves.

Only problem is I live in another state now 2500 miles away. Not sure what I can do really. I already joked with her saying she should have came for so and so holiday. She said she definitely wanted to but couldnt and that maybe next year her and her brother(my friend) can plan something to go visit. I dont know what else I could really do now that I live so far other than probably just forget about her.

Only problem is I live in another state now 2500 miles away. Not sure what I can do really. I already joked with her saying she should have came for so and so holiday. She said she definitely wanted to but couldnt and that maybe next year her and her brother(my friend) can plan something to go visit. I dont know what else I could really do now that I live so far other than probably just forget about her.

You don't have to forget her or stop talking to her but unless you're going to make something happen and try and initiate a long distance relationship then I'd call this a miss. Take this lesson, learn from it and don't make the same mistake again.

• Author
You don't have to forget her or stop talking to her but unless you're going to make something happen and try and initiate a long distance relationship then I'd call this a miss. Take this lesson, learn from it and don't make the same mistake again.

Well she said she might move out west again because she was here for a couple of months before and liked it, but couldnt find a job so she had to move back home. I wont be too far from her if she does.

• Like 1

Going to an amusement park is something friends do. She had no idea it was supposed to be a date.

You didn't initially mention the 2500 miles.

What I meant by you doing nothing was at the wedding you should have been the 1st guy to ask her to dance & you should have practically not let her go all night, perhaps suggesting a walk onto the terrace wedding venues always have for a kiss.

With the LDR twist, you may need to let this go. You are right you can't start this convo over text or social media. It required face to face & a request that she have dinner with you.