What is an exclusive friends with benefits?

What does this entail? How often are u meant to meet?

Whats the point in being in this type of relationship if you can only see this person once every couple of weeks?

Why restrict yourself from sleeping with other girls?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
language ~T

Fred, it's whatever you and your partner decide it should be.

Why are you worried about it? Did someone offer it to you?

• Like 3
Cookiesandough
What does this entail?

I think like a FwB, but you're not supposed to sleep with others

How often are u meant to meet?

However often both parties want to meet

Whats the point in being in this type of relationship if you can only see this person once every couple of weeks?

low commitment/expectations appeal to them I guess.

Why restrict yourself from sleeping with other girls?

Usially because they don't want the girl sleeping with others. they usually do it anyway if opportunity presents itself lol

It sounds ridiculous to me.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • 2 weeks later...

It's the opposite of being in an official GF/BF relationship that is sexless.

You're having sex together without the relationship title and BTW you aren't allowed to sleep with anyone else.

There are no rules, beyond not having sex with anyone else.

Sounds like an utter waste of time, unless you're after some sex with only one string attached.

Why restrict yourself from ****ing other girls?

You can do that with anyone that accept it. I had my first encounter in 2016, the woman was getting a divorce. She and I became the best of friends. But it troubled me that she was married still. I told her we can only be best friends and nothing else. She cried and said she wanted the extras.. After that we had gone our own ways. She thinks about me but I am not ready to be step dads to two kids and 2 two, 2 cats, 4 birds .. Like Ms Dolitte with her.

I was seeing 4 women at the time I don't settle for one mistake I move on. Today as for women 1 real GF and 1 friends only, 1 Ex GF has popped back I am just emailing her, 1 LDR and 1 unknown LDR. That's about it for me. I really like to relax and keep the peace then deal with any sort of complicate lifestyle. Being a single guy in all! LOL

This is what happens when someone who is tired of dating meets someone who they really like but is only after something casual. And by something casual I mean they don’t want a relationship that involves talking every day or being romantic and they don’t have the time to meet very often. For instance a single parent who only has every other weekend ‘off’ and the rest of the time they are focused on their kids. I say this as it has happened to me twice now, where I only wanted casual but I had to promise exclusivity. Didn’t bother me as had no time for anything else. Why they wanted it... I think because they were hoping it would become more than casual, and they were sick of dating.

The only thing exclusivity would pertain to with me is a full on relationship, certainly not a FWB situation; that's a waste of time and youth.

I'd tell them straight up that I would not be adhering to this; that as long as we were FWB, I would be dating others.

I guess it is for people who feel they have no time to put into and/or no desire to have a full time relationship, but who want regular and safe sex from someone they know and like, someone who is perhaps in the same boat.

The arrangement as specified by the OP, is not for people who want a real relationship nor for people who want to keep playing the field with all and sundry.

It's all up to you and the other person to come to an agreement how this arrangement will work for the both of you. FWB usually entails exclusive sex, but you are able to go out on dates or hangout with others, just not sex. Sometimes it's a relationship without a real title, no real feelings for each other, but care for each other as friends, kinda being in limbo till someone they want to be with comes along.

But you want to smash others, so just have it as a booty call. Someone that would be available for sex anytime, but no obligation to hangout with each other.

Exclusive FWB means no sex with others, unless you agree otherwise. You can date others, but the FWB may end if you want to have sex with others. I'd only consider such an arrangement if I really didn't want to date, or didn't have time to date, but still wanted occasional NSA sex. However, such a low frequency would make me wonder if I couldn't find a better arrangement - but, that's not always possible or an option, I suppose.

Usually, FWB does not preclude having sex with others, but in that case it should be agreed and disclosed for safety reasons.

Why would you even want to get into an exclusive friends with benefits? That's the stupidest thing iv'e ever heard.

The whole point of a FWB or f buddy is to not be exclusive. If you two were exclusive, then that's basically a typical relationship. I like to think of a relationship as an exclusive friends-with-benefits.

You might as well say you're in a relationship with this girl if you two are going to be exclusive.

• Like 1

I'm not certain why there confusion. An exclusive FWB sounds great to me! :-)

Call each other up whenever you want sex w/o the having to deal with the other's baggage?! Right? And with someone you know is not sharing their bodily fluids with someone else. Once one or the other finds someone they want a relationship with, cut it off.

It sounds a little humiliating to me. I am only a vehicle for sex, but not good enough for anything else. :confused:;)

• Like 1
MajesticUnicorn

I mean I guess I could understand it from the standpoint that you don't want to sleep with someone who is sleeping with tons of other people and contracting who knows what kind of STDS.

In hindsight I may have had an "exclusive" FWB, IDK if I would call it that, but for the most part I was only sleeping with him for a period of time because it was convenient. But when opportunities presented itself to me I wasn't like "OMG I can't sleep with another guy, that would be wrong!" For me it worked out alright because it was at a busy stage of my life where I didn't have time to commit to a full fledged relationship.

• Author
I mean I guess I could understand it from the standpoint that you don't want to sleep with someone who is sleeping with tons of other people and contracting who knows what kind of STDS.

In hindsight I may have had an "exclusive" FWB, IDK if I would call it that, but for the most part I was only sleeping with him for a period of time because it was convenient. But when opportunities presented itself to me I wasn't like "OMG I can't sleep with another guy, that would be wrong!" For me it worked out alright because it was at a busy stage of my life where I didn't have time to commit to a full fledged relationship.

but if the right guy came along no matter how busy you are you would hsve nade for time.

also this busy stage of my life crap is crap. what if you are married and become busy? you dump him?

but if the right guy came along no matter how busy you are you would hsve nade for time.

also this busy stage of my life crap is crap. what if you are married and become busy? you dump him?

You are just making up stuff for the sake of an argument.

Being married is totally different. If one gets too busy, that is the sacrifice you need to make and compromise on other things. The vows states :For better or for worse. You made a commitment to each other, a contract.

Plus the right man doesn't come along when you are too busy to be looking.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 2
MajesticUnicorn

No, it's not crap. If I am busy at work and focused on my career, maybe I'm not looking for a full-time relationship, hence why I was drawn towards a FWB arrangement that was low stress and low commitment.

So yeah, if I'm single and constantly working late and going on business trips, I'm not going to be actively looking for a boyfriend. And that's not "crap," it's called knowing my limits and not wanting to string someone along I can't fully commit to.

Marriage is an entirely different thing, so not sure how that is relevant at all.

• Like 2

I don't think having an exclusive FWB relationship is any more "stupid" than having an exclusive "traditional" relationship.

It just means you have the same dislike of sleeping with someone who may have slept with someone else hours earlier that many people have. So you agree not to bang others.

But you don't have any desire for any of the other relationship stuff - marriage, kids, changing your life to be with another person, etc.

Why restrict yourself from ****ing other girls?

I was in one of those last year. It entails not having sex with anyone else except your FWB. You meet however often you want. We first met once a week, but that was too little for me. Then we ramped it up to several times a week until it became too much sex for him apparently, so we slowed down and then I became unhappy again plus there was just way too much drama coming from him.

He asked for exclusivity because guys kept asking me out (guys I wasn't interested in dating) but he saw that as a threat and called me at 2 am in the morning one time to ask that I not sleep with anyone else (he wasn't having any luck with the ladies and felt it was unfair that men were interested in me, but women were not interested in him). At the time, I was looking for a relationship but wasn't finding anyone I liked, and I met this FWB guy who was attractive but had way too many issues so I wasn't about to get into a relationship with him. So FWB sounded fine at the time until his craziness got to me and then I broke it off.

I liked the idea of not risking getting STDs, but to me personally it doesn't make much sense.

Cookiesandough

I dunno why you'd be exclusive to a FWB. That seems like it defeats the purpose. It sounds like some bull someone uses as a loophole.

In fact if some guy suggested exclusive FwB to me I know he thinks I was born yesterday. Get me stop going after guys and get all the cake. Uh huh buddy. ...Nice try tho

A FwB is basically someone you have sex with and can tolerate on a personal lvl. when someone(s) you really like comes along you'll make time. Youll want "relationship stuff." And even if that day hasn't come, why stop looking/flirting. Eyes peeled for better so to commiting to anything is silly. If you're loyal to a FwB just lol. Your sex buddy is not loyal to you. \ Ur playing urself

Edited by Cookiesandough