When a woman stares

FilterCoffee

Firstly, my condolences to everyone affected by the shootings in Vegas. What happened last night was horrific and I hope that everyone's family and loved ones are safe.

Last Friday, I had gone out with work colleagues for a team lunch and on the table next to us was this woman who was giving me weird vibes. Initially, I noticed her looking at me and didn't give it much thought but she continued to do it for a while till it got to a point where I literally felt it. It was really intense. I didn't really fancy her so I didn't bother initiating a conversation but has this happened to any guys here? To the ladies - have you ever done this to a guy and how did they respond?

This might be completely out in left field, but...

I'm a daydreamer. Especially if I am bored or tired, I zone out with my own thoughts. I've been asked before "why are you staring???" I even had a girl threaten to punch me for it once in high school. Maybe she was zoned out?

Otherwise, it seems kind of creepy, even if it was because she thought you were handsome. Looking and smiling is one thing. Staring for minutes at a time would give me the heeby jeebies!

• Like 2
  • Author
FilterCoffee

I don't think she was daydreaming because she didn't have the glazed eyes you'd normally see. She wasn't smiling either and neither was I. I didn't give her any indication that I was interested but she definitely gave me the heeby jeebies!

ItNeverChanges
I don't think she was daydreaming because she didn't have the glazed eyes you'd normally see. She wasn't smiling either and neither was I. I didn't give her any indication that I was interested but she definitely gave me the heeby jeebies!

Maybe you reminded her of someone she knew.

• Like 1

Most people won't just stare and stare at a stranger. She could be just resting her eyes somewhere. Kind of depends how far away you were. I mean, in a restaurant, you have to rest your eyes somewhere so you will do it far away rather than at the table next to you.

Also, not everyone can see well. Some people can be looking right at you and just be seeing a blur and may think you aren't noticing.

CautiouslyOptimistic

My mom and her sister stare all.the.time. Always have, since we were kids. Drives me nuts. Can be very embarrassing in public! She's usually thinking something positive about the person, but whenever any human being catches her eye for any reason whatsoever, she stares at them and just thinks about whatever it is that caught her eye. Could be something as simple as "I like her hair cut," or "I think I saw that sweater on sale at Macy's!"

• Like 1