Is Tinder completely worthless now?

When I first used Tinder a few years ago, it was a fairly easy way to meet women without becoming pen pals first - whether you wanted a hookup or LTR it was simple and expedient.

I only started using it again a few weeks ago but I've found it to be completely and utterly worthless now. My only other basis for comparison is OK Cupid, which I can pretty much get a date on demand. But on Tinder I can swipe endlessly until I run out of likes for the day and not get a single match.

Eventually when I find a match, she probably swiped right days ago so when I message her, she is no longer looking. I've literally messaged every single match (about 30 or so) over 3 or 4 weeks and not gotten a single reply. Forget a number or date. I don't have one reply. NOT ONE. I've even gotten several super likes.

One of them, I was lucky enough to be on my phone and replied to her within seconds of her super liking me. No response. Today I finally got a reply by responding within seconds of a match but it was a bot... Contrast this to OKC where I went back online Wednesday and have 4 dates lined up already and a couple more in the works...

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs and move to GRD
Cookiesandough

Not in my experience...it's easiest to get hotter + better quality (more interesting personalities, etc) guys off of Tinder compared to other sites. I pretty much strictly pull from Tinder. I can barely stand the other sites anymore.

There is a bot problem on Tinder, but that exists on Okcupid too. I think where some guys might run into problems is that there are way more Chads on Tinder (because of it's ease, 0 effort, and relative anonymity...it was designed for f boys) that I think are cornering the market (if you know what I mean). Like one guy (super good looking, mean game,fame, lots of $) for every 20 girls lol think about it. He hops on tinder and he can spin a lot of girls and all these girls are focusing on being his girl so they aren't paying attention that much to other guys. Haha I don't know. Just a theory that's probably fueled from stories I read on here.

A lot of F girls also on there. They do not want to meet but love the game aspect/validation they get from matching. They could have bfs or who knows what else, but they aren't there for anything more than a swipe and MAYBE some conversation if they are really bored.

Maybe girls are stepping away because it's going back to the hookup rep it started with, but I really don't think it is. I had a guy from there kiss me on our first date and tell me he's not into hookups. So it's not a hedonistic dream for all chicks either, unless we also drop our standards majorly

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1

OP how large is the area you live in?

You may be hitting the overuse point. Eventually if you swipe enough, you start to run out of decent (and real) matches. This happens more quickly than you think if you are a guy (there are about three times as many guys on as girls).

Do you find that if you are away somewhere you get much better matches? I know I do. Because they are all new.

Also, I *think* the algorithm downrates people who swipe right on everyone (which means you are lower on the viewing order and may not show up much at all) so if you are a "power swiper" you might want to reconsider.

MajesticUnicorn

Have you tried Bumble?

The girl has to message first or the match disappears within 24 hours. According to my guy friends, they don't always message, but I think guys like it because it makes the girl have to take initiative. I like it because for whatever reason it seems to have more attractive men who have their life together.

I used to use Tinder a lot. Actually had a serious relationship develop from there. Deleted it then. Redownloaded when I became single, found Bumble, use Bumble more. Eventually got tired of weeding through hundreds of guys a day on Tinder and the hook-up stereotype it holds. So yeah. That's my perspective of it. I did decide to give it another shot and redownloaded it last night but we will see how long this lasts.

My only other basis for comparison is OK Cupid, which I can pretty much get a date on demand. But on Tinder I can swipe endlessly until I run out of likes for the day and not get a single match.

Contrast this to OKC where I went back online Wednesday and have 4 dates lined up already and a couple more in the works...

So use OK Cupid. Swim in dates without tiring out your finger. Problem solved!

• Like 1

At now 45, you are pushing it on Tinder, hence I guess the lack of success.

Median age Tinder = 26.

Median age OKCupid = 32

Median age Match = 45

• Like 1