overseas - how to survive talking to multiple people

I am almost halfway through my month's stay in Taiwan. I have met several women here and been talking to some back home as well.

Of course nothing serious with any of them yet, so i'm not sleeping around on anyone. Just talking and exploring Taipei so far.

The problem is that since I have no cell service, I am relying on Whatsapp to talk to all these people. And whatsapp shows everyone when I was last online.

So the issue is that if I get tired of talking to a particular person, I can't just say 'I'm tired, talk to you tomorrow' or 'I'm going out, talk later' and then talk to others because they will know I was still using the app.

This sucks and I don't want to ruin things with anyone. I think I am entitled to talk to, or not talk to, anyone I want at any time. But I can't just say 'I don't want to talk to you right now' and if I make up an excuse, they will know I was lying.

One has already called me out for talking to someone else.

I have also tried to isolate them into different apps but absolutely everyone here uses whatsapp.

What to do?

If you really can't keep track of them all, you're talking to too many people. The answer is not rocket science: stop talking to so many girls.

• Like 1
  • Author

It's not keeping track of them, it's the fact that they will know I am talking to others.

Even if there were just two, which ever one I wasn't talking to at a given time would know I was talking to the other. Or a friend or anyone but her.

PegNosePete
One has already called me out for talking to someone else.

Called you out? What are you married or something?

Just say yes I am talking to others is there something wrong with that?

If aquaintenances are getting miffed because you are talking to other people, you dont need them. They dont know if you are talking to another girl or your mother. Nor is it any of their business, do you think they arent talking to anyone else?

It's not keeping track of them, it's the fact that they will know I am talking to others.

Even if there were just two, which ever one I wasn't talking to at a given time would know I was talking to the other. Or a friend or anyone but her.

Looks like a mismatch of expectations to me. If that girl was making out with you on a first date, and if she is one of them you don't want to know you are talking to other women, then she may have something different in mind than casual dating.