What does it mean when a guy says he's going to block me but doesn't?

confusedgirl000

I met this guy on a dating app. He's 33 and I'm 20 (I was on tinder to chat, so age doesn't matter to me).

Once he whatsapped me that he remembered that I was 19 (because my yet to have my birthday) and was too young to be on tinder. After a week, I couldn't meet him and he said he was going delete me. I told him if that's what he wants then by all means go ahead. However, since I thought he was really going to delete me I asked him, “if you said I was too young to be on tinder, why did you swipe right on me and asked me for my number? Like doesn't that imply I'm too young for you then?”.

Instead of answering my question he threw the question back at me and I directly asked him why was he avoiding my question. He ignored that as well, and then a week later he asked me how was I as if nothing had happened the week before, we talked a bit which led to him being angry at me, telling me to go **** myself and telling me he'll block me if I don't meet up.

What I don't get is that is has been a month since this happened and yet he still hasn't blocked me.

I honestly don't think he's the type to 'forget' or not give a **** to block my number though. All this has led me to be very confused :( I guess since I didn't cut ties with him properly I haven't gotten over him yet...

I've asked another people about it and most them said that he's responses seem like he'll be manipulative...

Michelle ma Belle

Umm...it sounds like you're the one being manipulative here.

• Like 2

It probably means that he is still trying to figure out how to block people or forgot about it. But since he was more than clear about not wanting to date you, it shouldn't matter all that much.

• Like 3
  • Author
confusedgirl000
Umm...it sounds like you're the one being manipulative here.

How so? By asking that question?

Michelle ma Belle
How so? By asking that question?

Because you were underage and on an app that is notorious for hookups yet you're on there to 'just chat so age doesn't matter'.

Yes, a 33 year old has no real business swiping right on a 20 year old but then again you're on Tinder of all places and unless your profile clearly states you ONLY want to chat OR you told him straight up in conversation that you're NOT interested in meeting then you need to take some accountability for the part you played in leading him on.

Besides, if you have no interest in meeting this guy or continuing to talk with him after he said you were too young, why do you care so much about him blocking you or not blocking you?

Move on.

• Like 1
ZayKayWill

He's manipulating you. He doesn't want to actually block you he's just hoping by telling you that he's gonna block you that you'll meet up with him. Seems pretty clear cut to me...

You're not over him? You never met him. You chatted on Tinder. You are not ready to be on there... this is way too much drama for a guy who messaged you on Tinder. Block him and be done with it.

• Like 3

Agreed, he's hoping you'll contact him and make plans to meet up. He'll throw you a one liner now and then to keep you thinking about him.

Why would you want any further contact with a stranger who told you to f*ck off? Tinder's primary focus isn't polite conversation as I'm sure you're aware, so as a woman you're going to be encountering a lot of creeps who act ridiculous when things don't go their way. Be more savvy and cautious about the people you chat with on that site.

I met this guy on a dating app. He's 33 and I'm 20 (I was on tinder to chat, so age doesn't matter to me).

Once he whatsapped me that he remembered that I was 19 (because my yet to have my birthday) and was too young to be on tinder. After a week, I couldn't meet him and he said he was going delete me. I told him if that's what he wants then by all means go ahead. However, since I thought he was really going to delete me I asked him, “if you said I was too young to be on tinder, why did you swipe right on me and asked me for my number? Like doesn't that imply I'm too young for you then?”.

Instead of answering my question he threw the question back at me and I directly asked him why was he avoiding my question. He ignored that as well, and then a week later he asked me how was I as if nothing had happened the week before, we talked a bit which led to him being angry at me, telling me to go **** myself and telling me he'll block me if I don't meet up.

What I don't get is that is has been a month since this happened and yet he still hasn't blocked me.

I honestly don't think he's the type to 'forget' or not give a **** to block my number though. All this has led me to be very confused :( I guess since I didn't cut ties with him properly I haven't gotten over him yet...

I've asked another people about it and most them said that he's responses seem like he'll be manipulative...

You are only 20. Don't get carried away by lines thrown away by much older guys at this age.

Take Care

• Like 1
You're not over him? You never met him. You chatted on Tinder. You are not ready to be on there... this is way too much drama for a guy who messaged you on Tinder. Block him and be done with it.

This is a problem that can be solved in 20 seconds, literally.

What I don't get is that is has been a month since this happened and yet he still hasn't blocked me....

While to a 19 year old like you, blocking somebody is probably a high insult, he might not care enough to take the 2 seconds it takes to electronically delete you.

He may enjoy playing with you. He may think you are easy.

If you think he's so awful delete him.

I don't really get the point. You haven't even met in person. How much could you possible have invested in this person's opinion of you?

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

He's not interested in talking with you (that, btw, is not what Tinder is for. Try omegle or some other chat or forum for that), he doesn't respect you ("go **** yourself"? Really?), he just wants to meet you presumably for hookup(what tinder is generally for).So basically, he doesn't care enough to block, he just doesn't want to have a conversation with you.

whichwayisup

I agree. That and why chase a guy who is rude and playing a game with you?

Get off tinder and meet guys your own age face to face, not online.

Am I missing something here? He'll block you if you don't meet up? So he's using threats to get you to meet you in person... and there's another poster saying you're the manipulative one?

And to add to the last few posts above mine: you're 20, he's 33; he will outsmart you and--based on this post--always have the power over you because for whatever reason you seem to be really into him. This is not someone you want to meet in person. Forget him.

• Like 1
  • Author
confusedgirl000
Am I missing something here? He'll block you if you don't meet up? So he's using threats to get you to meet you in person... and there's another poster saying you're the manipulative one?

And to add to the last few posts above mine: you're 20, he's 33; he will outsmart you and--based on this post--always have the power over you because for whatever reason you seem to be really into him. This is not someone you want to meet in person. Forget him.

Yea when I asked him why didn't he delete me in the first place he said "well I'm giving you an ultimatum if you don't meet up I'm going to block you. You're clearly curious but scared."

Actually I had a friend who got a match with him as well. He literally said "if we meet up I'll show you something cool, give you some incentive." thought that was weird...

Actually I'm not too sure why I'm into him. I got over 200 matches on tinder and I've only felt like this towards him and not the rest. I've made it clear that I'm there to chat though if that's what some people want to know...

Edited by confusedgirl000
Actually I had a friend who got a match with him as well. He literally said "if we meet up I'll show you something cool, give you some incentive." thought that was weird...

I got over 200 matches on tinder and I've only felt like this towards him and not the rest. I've made it clear that I'm there to chat though if that's what some people want to know...

Do you understand that he's planning to drop trou & show you his junk as an incentive to get you to have sex with him?

Tinder is not a site for chatting & getting to know somebody. Tinder is a site for hooking up. By trying to change the rules you are playing with fire.

You strike me as naïve so I caution you to be very careful lest you get in a situation you can't get out of. While most people are decent folks, not every body is. I fear you are setting yourself up to be sexually assaulted.

• Author
confusedgirl000
Do you understand that he's planning to drop trou & show you his junk as an incentive to get you to have sex with him?

Tinder is not a site for chatting & getting to know somebody. Tinder is a site for hooking up. By trying to change the rules you are playing with fire.

You strike me as naïve so I caution you to be very careful lest you get in a situation you can't get out of. While most people are decent folks, not every body is. I fear you are setting yourself up to be sexually assaulted.

It was my friend that got the message not me. I have not contacted him at all ever since he told me to meet up or else he'll block me.

^^^ this!!

The guy sounds messed up. Run for the hills my dear. It will only get worse the better you get to know him.

Art_Critic

Guys don't block women who they think one day they might have a chance to drop their panties...

Do you really want to be catorgized like that ? just for sex...

stillafool

Why aren't girls your age out and about meeting guys your age at clubs, dances, parties, etc. You shouldn't need Tinder or any other online site to meet guys at your age. Get out there and use it before you lose it. It goes fast.

• Like 1