tabaloga76

So this will be a bit of a long post, but would really like some feedback/advise.

About 12/13 years ago I met a girl, we never really saw/dated each other but were involved together, we were both helping each other through a lot of stuff, most people did think we were together and in hindsight we were very couply. This stopped after a while and we drifted apart.

We met up a few years after this and things went back to the way they were before almost instantly, incredibly couply and everything went amazingly but once again for some reason we drifted apart but continued to speak.

Fast forward another few years and we met up again, this time I was married. We ended up disappearing off together and spent hours talking and lost track of time. We returned to the gathering that we were together and infront of people she attempted to kiss me after asking if I ever thought "what if", I should add I didn't kiss her but wanted to. My wife at the time returned and I left the event with her, although I was still thinking "What if" for several years afterwards, it was always in the back of my mind but I was married so never acted on this and cut off all contact with the girl for the sake of the marriage.

Well it turned out my wife had been cheating on me and so we divorced. Fast forward a year and I bumped into this girl and I started to think "what if" again, well when we met up this time, we instantly went back into the couply thing.

I am almost 110% certain that she likes me and has all the time, we did have a sort of chat about what we both want from life and things seemed to be the same, we have arranged to meet up again.

The question I have is, have I found the one and been missing out on years with her properly but I never really said how I felt. The fact that we can go straight into couply stuff almost instantly and everything just feels right with her.

Writting this out makes me realise that I do want to be with her but is this just infatuation based on the fact that in the past that we helped each other out. When I am around her, all my thoughts become her and I just want to make her happy. I am happy around her and can talk to her about anything, this is something that I never had with the wife, with this girl everything just feels natural and right.

The really hard thing is that I don't want to risk my friendship with her, as I don't want to lose that.

somanymistakes

I don't believe there's only one person for anyone. But definitely there are people who would be good matches for you that you might meet early on and lose and always wish you'd gotten together with, and if you ever do, it may be amazing.

You can never know for certain whether a relationship is going to work. And it's always going to be a little bit infatuation up front because you haven't been in a serious relationship with them yet so you don't know what's going to happen.