Asking My professor out

electra718

I am having a problem,

I want to ask my professor out for coffee. Since the semester is over, I was wondering if I should email him.

I am a 29 and I do not think he is married, we have talked during the semester, but only about the class.

In such a situation, I believe it is best to exercise caution. I also feel that this advice will aid you:

Never put in writing what can be communicated by word of mouth.

I don't condone romantic relationships with one's professor. Do as you will.

• Author
electra718

I should mention that I will not see him again. I figured by sending an email, if he is not interested he dose not have to respond and if he is then he will.

This is what I was going to send

"I was wondering, now that I am not your student anymore and I have my grade, and if your situation allows it, would you like to have some coffee with me?

If you do not like emailing, you can give me a call"

How doses that sound?

HotCaliGirl

I think that sounds ok to send to him. You can add your phone number too. I had dated 2 of my professors, one while taking a class and another after the quarter was over (got As in both classes :p ).

We still keep in touch, I don't think it's a big deal if you both like each other. The first one I found out was married. I would go to his house when she was there and for special occassions she would sometimes join us for dinner. It was weird, but I guess she was used to him dating students?

HotCaliGirl

The first professor - he initiated it, said we should have lunch sometime, so we'd go out after class, then it was more often and since it was a summer class and he lived at a beachhouse, he'd invite me to go swimming and it went from there...It was weird because sometimes his wife, a physician, would be at home and I would feel uncomfortable in my bikini in front of her, yet she was so ok with it all.

But even though he asked me out, I have to admit I was flirty so it wasn't out of the blue. He sensed I was interested in him. I didn't sit back and hope that he could read my mind. So in other words, his "initation" was a response to my showing of interest in him.

The second professor, we'd spend a lot of time together during office hours and it felt natural to go out to lunch, then it went to dinners and so on. Even though he asked me out, he like the other prof. was responding to my showing an obvious interest in him - flirting, body language, etc.

If you don't take a chance, he may never ask you out or know how you feel. Even if he turns you down, at least you will know and not dwell over it.

It was my 2nd prof's b-day a couple of weeks ago, even though we haven't been dating in years, we still went to "our" restaurant.