ClassMate creeping me out

CheerfullIrish

Ok, so i take this class a few times a week. I ended up sitting in the corner as i didnt know anyone and with one person sitting next to me. Over the past few months the guy who sits there is really starting to creep me out. Every time i get up he does too and tries to follow me. ( even once to the bathroom though obviously he went into the male one) When i look in my purse to see if i have change to go to the vending machine he grabs his wallet. If i dont go he doesnt either. If i get up to leave early so does he.

Im trying to get to know other people in the class but every time they talk to me he interrupts them. Im isolated in the class because of it.

The other night when i was staying behind talking to my lecturer about class work he waited 15 mins behind me. Not talking just standing there. He only left when i did.

I try being polite but not to share much about myself( i always talk about my dog or he mentioned harry potter so i talked about that ) I havent moved yet because there arent many seats left in the class(which is very small )so i cant without making it obvious im uncomfortable.

My mam said i should be flattered cause maybe he likes me but i dont view it as i should be? Why should i have to put up with being extremely uncomfortable just because someone has shown interest in me. I normally wouldnt be so bothered but i just get this feeling in the pit of my stomach that something is wrong. I cant move class as this is the only one so im really stuck with what to do. If i knew the other classmates i would talk to them but i dont. Im also the only female in the class so it makes it ten times worse. I'm not parinoid as most of my college life i have been the only girl in the class so its not that im thinking too much( i hope :p )

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated :)

Try sitting somewhere else in the class. If you have assigned seats, speak to the professor about changing your seat.

Next time he follows you ask him why he's doing so & tell him you want him to stop.

If that doesn't work report him to the school.

• Like 2

Best to change seats to somewhere you are comfortable. If he follows you, change seats again. Hopefully he will get the message.

If he interrupts, stop what you are saying, wait, and then say 'I was just saying ...' and continue with your point. It is rude of him to interrupt.

He probably does like you but if you are feeling uneasy and creeped out, then avoid him. If he has any sensitivity, he will realise you are avoiding him.

Your mam's an idiot. She thinks he's lovesick. He's not. He's just sick and pushy and stalkerish, so disregard her!

Talk to your teacher or a school counselor and get one or the other of you moved to another class, or maybe the teacher can assign seats far apart for you. Talk to them.

Do NOT worry about making it uncomfortable. Look how uncomfortable he's making YOU! He knows he's out of line and pushy. Don't sit near him, but do let the teacher and/or counselor know right away. Call her or text her if you feel he will be trailing you. Go in early to talk to her before first period.

Also, tell the counselor to speak to your mother about how stupid she's being about this!