Specific Gifts from Specific People

Why is it important that you receive specific (or certain types of) gifts from specific people? I'll use this personal example: My girlfriend wanted a pair of diamond earrings. That request went to me. She also wanted a new laptop. That request went to her sister. We both got her what she wanted.

My question is why did the earrings have to come from me and the laptop from her sister? The costs were similar, so price isn't an issue. The fact is, I know very little about jewelry while her sister knows plenty. I'm sure she could have gotten her something better for the money I spent. I know I could have gotten her a better laptop for the money her sister spent.

I know I'm being overly logical here, hence why I'm posing the question to the forum and not my girlfriend.

Probably because the diamonds were more romantic in a sense. And well you being her boyfriend...I'm sure you can connect the dots from here.

• Like 4

It's because when she gets compliments on the earrings she can brag about you.

Nobody is going to compliment her laptop.

• Like 3

Was also going to say the diamonds are more romantic. I mean, my ex once installed more RAM into my computer, and I found that to be pretty sexy, but generally speaking, I'd rather him get me perfume than hiking shoes.

todreaminblue

specifically electrical appliances arent sexy unless they have a vibrate option and or hotted up spin cycle......im still waiting for a guy to buy me a washing machine with a tricked up spin option that actually has a really loud purr...diamonds equals romance..deb......

• Like 2