Difference between an affair and a f**k buddy?

FoundMyStrength

I think affair is just a more expansive concept. F*ck buddies are just that. Two people who've agreed to meet occasionally and f*ck, no strings attached. That could be two single people, or within the context of an affair if one or both are married.

But an affair can involve so much more. Feelings of love, intimacy, connection, romance. Even in a less emotional and more physical affair, the two people are likely going to be psychologically bonded in some way if it goes on long enough. Kind of like an addiction to another person. You get used to the regular meetings, texts, calls, whatever else.

But, as others have said, being f*ck buddies is no better than an involved affair. Both involve one person betraying his spouse.

• Like 1
So what is the difference between an affair and a f**k buddy?

"Don't be silly honey. I am not having an affair, (name) is just my **** buddy."

• Like 2
CaliforniaGirl

In today's context, an affair generally connotes cheating. A FB can happen when both people are single.

In olden days, an "affair" was simply a romantic fling, with or without sex, and didn't necessarily have anything to do with cheating, but I think cheating has been firmly entrenched in the word at this point since probably the 70s or so.

Like others have pointed out, the terms are mutually exclusive, not an either or.

An affair indicates cheating.

A F*** Buddy indicates a no strings attached / sex only, not emotional arrangement.

I had an affair with an F' Buddy. We agreed that it was to be sex only, and to keep our emotions strictly out of it, and to not get attached.

But we were both cheating on our spouses, so it was an affair.

I gotta curve ball for ya...

My last FWB was married, so it was an affair AND f-buddies:p:laugh::confused:

Oh wait, you guys said "f-buddies" not "Friends with Benefits/FWB". So I guess that my curveball doesn't count? :(

Justanaverageguy
There's always been temptation....

But today you have technology which means you don't even have to leave your living room to organise an affair. You have companies like ashley madison actively marketing and promoting products and services to enable cheating and affairs. I think Ashley Maddison is quite possibly the nadir of human morality. Surely we can't go any lower.

HappyAgain2014

Depends on who you ask. Many MM believe they have a FB while their OW believes it's an affair. One thing the two terms have in common is they rarely last or develop into a healthy relationship.