Is it strange to have contact on a relationship break?

Hollywood-Tourist

Is it strange that my fiance has told me that she wants a short relationship 'break' but she still texts me and calls him during this time?

She is still wearing her engagement ring and still lists her status on Facebook as engaged to me.

She also puts the same amount of kisses on her texts too.

Help me understand. Teenagers go 'on break.' You two are engaged to be married. I'm assuming you will live together after the vows. Now lets take a little time off of being engaged as we walk into a marriage commitment?

I have found in my 50 some years there is a lot of females that chase the ring hard and a passion to say the word "Fiance" every third word. Maybe that is why your still on the FB status you are and that she is wearing the ring.

• Like 2
  • Author
Hollywood-Tourist
Maybe that is why your still on the FB status you are and that she is wearing the ring.

I'm not sure I understand you?

If she can't get through the engagement without needing a break, how does she think marriage will work!?

What caused her to need a break?

• Like 1
  • Author
Hollywood-Tourist
If she can't get through the engagement without needing a break, how does she think marriage will work!?

What caused her to need a break?

Exactly, I have no idea how she thinks marriage would work if we are at this stage beforehand!

I wrongly accused her of something (if you want to know what then PM me.)

What was the purpose of the break OP? Usually there is a purpose behind going on one (i.e., to break up, to spend more time helping family, to gain clarity, etc.)

• Like 1
CaliforniaGirl

Uh...whoa.

You two don't need a "break," you need a counseling session, STAT. Just to figure out whether or not you two really are ready to be married.

I don't want to panic you but I'd be worried. And I'd be wondering WTH was going on. She's not just some occasional girlfriend. You are getting married. She owes (yes, owes) you a better explanation for what she's thinking, what she's DOING right now (again, yes, I mean that exactly the way I said it) and what her intentions are going forward from here.

• Like 1
What was the purpose of the break OP? Usually there is a purpose behind going on one (i.e., to break up, to spend more time helping family, to gain clarity, etc.)

Given the accusation he made, my take is that she's royally POd and wants time away from him.

OP - it would help your cause if you shared the issue on the thread.

• Like 1