Some men call their women as my girl but

I've yet to hear a woman or girl call their man as my boy ,lol !

Why so? Do some men see their women as little girls or what ?

I've yet to hear a woman or girl call their man as my boy ,lol !

Why so? Do some men see their women as little girls or what ?

Yep. It isn't some men. If a woman would refer to any man as 'my boy,' professionally or sitting around a fire pit at an outdoor cookout, the wrath of fury would come down on her ignorant/socially inept head.

Do some men see women as little girls...sure, yes.

That will always be the last and worst mistake little men make.

• Like 2

Calling a man her 'boy' isn't uncommon here - and would probably be used as much as a man calling a woman his girl.

• Like 3
  • Author
Yep. It isn't some men. If a woman would refer to any man as 'my boy,' professionally or sitting around a fire pit at an outdoor cookout, the wrath of fury would come down on her ignorant/socially inept head.

Do some men see women as little girls...sure, yes.

That will always be the last and worst mistake little men make.

Why would it be a mistake ? It's endearing when used correctly.

Why would it be a mistake ? It's endearing when used correctly.

Correctly?

The way I was taught, the only time you call a man a 'boy' is if you are looking for a fight.

Period.

• Like 3

My ex used to refer me in a 'complimentary' way as 'her boy', then it gradually transitioned into me being 'her man'. I don't know whether it's actually supposed to be perceived as nice or some sort of derogatory term... or whether it's just a common thing to say for younger couples.

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear

Yes, its true, men do use that term at times and its never, IMO, been used in a way to belittle or demean her...

And no, Ive never heard a woman call a man they care about as "her boy"..

What can I say?? Not everything in this life has to have a logical explanation or somehow deemed incorrect because one sex does it and the other doesn't...:rolleyes:

TFY

• Like 3

My friends often refer to my bf as my "boy" although I personally would never say that. I pretty much just use "my boyfriend" to describe him. In the very beginning he referred to me to others as his girl but now it's just girlfriend.

• Like 1
Calling a man her 'boy' isn't uncommon here - and would probably be used as much as a man calling a woman his girl.

Really? Pray tell.

If I ever referred to my SO as 'boy.' :lmao: I would think he's a joke...that won't happen..because he is not.

Different strokes for different folk.

• Like 2

Calling a man a boy would make it seem to some women like he needs to be protected, like he is the weaker one, and that is not sexy to many women.

There is also "My boy" that is used in a platonic BFF way. Also not sexual.

• Like 2

I don't have time to nit pick certain things...

My man can call me his "girl", his "B-" or whatever. As long as I know what his intent is behind it, who cares :rolleyes:

I really would like it if he calls me his "Sexy girl" and smack me on the behind after saying it :love:

Oh yes, there's a David Guetta song about a 'Sexy B''. So yes, I'd be cool with my man calling me his "Sexy B-, girl, chick, or whatever".

While I'm not keen in using the term "boyfriend" when it comes to a guy I'm seeing - it's not of whether or not I see him as a "boy"...to me the term "boyfriend" is for teenagers. I prefer "my guy", "dude".

Actually, I think it's a compliment if a guy considers me his "girl". Cuz that means he finds me youthful and sexy. "Woman" just sounds too "proper".

I mean, think of this scenario - a guy is with his friends, his woman walks by and he says "There goes my sexy girl" vs "There goes my sexy woman". I'd expect him to use the term "woman" when it's serious like "He dude, don't touch my woman".

• Like 1

My ex called me "My girl", "My woman", "My old lady" (when talking to his guy friends), "Little girl", "Baby girl", and "Little woman". None of those offended me. I never once called him "My boy" though. I did call him "My man", "My guy", "My boyfriend" and other common terms of affection/endearment.

• Like 2

Around here I've only heard the term "boy," used by a heterosexual female when referring to her son or to the family dog.

Men and butch lesbians sometimes refer to their platonic male friends as "my boy."

• Like 1

My missus will use "my boy" or (more often) "the boy" sometimes. I've never thought anything of it, and its never struck me as strange, she's certainly not the only girl I've heard do it.

It's probably one of those things she writes quite a lot like text or social media - "Me and my boy" "Me and the boy", maybe "my man" if shes being more flirty.

I don'k i'd ever say "the girl", I might use "my girl" if I'm talking to someone who doesn't know her (cause if they know her I'd just use her name). I think it still feels weird (after all this time) to say my wife, because we're quite young and i feel like the word wife conjures up a image of a women in her 40's. Though i do use 'missus' quite a lot!

I think Haydn has it, i think the words you use are much more indicative of the place and culture than any incites into your relationship -

proof being the people that dont like the phrases havent used them in ANY relationship, no ones saying like 'i used to call by ex my boy because he was a push over, but now im with my new guy id only ever call him my man' :lmao:

• Like 2
  • Author
Around here I've only heard the term "boy," used by a heterosexual female when referring to her son or to the family dog.

"

Lol :laugh: the dog reference is pretty common !

My missus will use "my boy" or (more often) "the boy" sometimes. I've never thought anything of it, and its never struck me as strange, she's certainly not the only girl I've heard do it.

It's probably one of those things she writes quite a lot like text or social media - "Me and my boy" "Me and the boy", maybe "my man" if shes being more flirty.

I don'k i'd ever say "the girl", I might use "my girl" if I'm talking to someone who doesn't know her (cause if they know her I'd just use her name). I think it still feels weird (after all this time) to say my wife, because we're quite young and i feel like the word wife conjures up a image of a women in her 40's. Though i do use 'missus' quite a lot!

I think Haydn has it, i think the words you use are much more indicative of the place and culture than any incites into your relationship -

proof being the people that dont like the phrases havent used them in ANY relationship, no ones saying like 'i used to call by ex my boy because he was a push over, but now im with my new guy id only ever call him my man' :lmao:

Yes, I'm sure that you and Haydn are right....definitely cultural and contextual.

Of course I will speak only for myself, the places I've spent the most time, New England and the Southern U.S., 'boy' when used to address or describe a grown man has a rather derogatory connotation.

Even for a wife or gf to refer to her SO as, 'he's such a boy,' it's negative.

We may think of some behaviors as raucously endearing, boyish, but refrain from saying boy unless meant as a dig, scolding type thing.

Right, I have never referred to any man as a boy, to their face :laugh:, as it would not be taken kindly in my experience. Certainly not charming.

I do see a double standard here, I've done it myself. Describing a woman as a girl is easily tolerated and rarely taken as insulting. There are times, particularly in business that it is unacceptable across the board.

It's interesting that there are different experiences with these terms and acceptable uses.

I'm not the grammar police for sure...I would not want to offend by using either girl or boy, so I will try to remain cognizant.

• Like 1