I don't know how to handle this

Ok so I'm senior in highschool and I'm going on 18. My girlfriend is a grade level below me and we have been dating for about a year and a half. First let me start by saying I love her and we have a lot in common and used to be really great together, but these last few months it seems like its been fight after fight after fight and they are just getting uglier. She constantly seems upset and depressed and and frankly not fun to be around sometimes. I know she struggles with anxiety and I try to be as understanding as possible but it's taking a toll on me. She always tells me I'm not romantic with her like I used to be before but I honestly have started tuning her out. We both live in NJ but I just commited to a college in Florida and she wants to go long didtance because she believes im the love of her life and we have a real future, and ive said we could do this before, but the reality is I may want to try new things in college and she is getting more difficult by the week. I'm really torn about to do, part of me wants to break it off before I leave, but I do really like and im scared a breakup may send her over the deep end. Someone please give me some advice ?

A friend of mine has been through the same thing when he left for college (which was quite far away from his then high school sweetheart) and it became a mess :/. The girl was also very insecure and she couldn't handle the fact that she didn't always know what he was doing. For instance, if he told her (in all honesty) that he was going to a party, she threw a fit and at one point even threatened to kill herself. And this guy was incredibly loyal and faithful and probably would not have cheated on her, but the fact that she was constantly questioning everything he was doing only made him pull away from her. So in the end they broke up after a lot of heartache :/.

My guess is that your girlfriend is actually sensing something from you (women are generally very intuitive when it comes to these things), that you are not 100% committed to the relationship anymore and it is making her anxiety worse, which then in turn is making her act out even more.

Is she also planning to go to the same university after she graduates? Because I can imagine being able to sustain a long distance relationship for 1 or 2 years, but if it's going to be 4 to 5 years I think it might be doomed from the start. Especially since you guys are still so young and will both have tons of new experiences in college. If it's already not going too well anymore, it might be better to call it quits now :/.

Ok so I'm senior in highschool and I'm going on 18. My girlfriend is a grade level below me and we have been dating for about a year and a half. First let me start by saying I love her and we have a lot in common and used to be really great together, but these last few months it seems like its been fight after fight after fight and they are just getting uglier. She constantly seems upset and depressed and and frankly not fun to be around sometimes. I know she struggles with anxiety and I try to be as understanding as possible but it's taking a toll on me. She always tells me I'm not romantic with her like I used to be before but I honestly have started tuning her out. We both live in NJ but I just commited to a college in Florida and she wants to go long didtance because she believes im the love of her life and we have a real future, and ive said we could do this before, but the reality is I may want to try new things in college and she is getting more difficult by the week. I'm really torn about to do, part of me wants to break it off before I leave, but I do really like and im scared a breakup may send her over the deep end. Someone please give me some advice ?
Break it off, that's what I would do.