[Have you ever been afraid to turn down a woman's advances?]

Ok guys,

Have you ever been afraid (and when I say "afraid", I mean it) to turn down a woman's advances?

I mean, if she was your boss...I get it, maybe.

But otherwise, wouldn't you speak up?

Would you "assume" she'd pick up on hints you were dropping? And, let's say she's probably not picking up on those hints...wouldn't you think that at some point you would just tell her "no"?

And let's say she puts her arm around you. If you didn't like it, what would you do? Would you sit there, marinate in it then address it with her later? Would you handle it in the moment (i.e. remove her arm...and, you don't even have to be rude or abrupt about it).

Just curious how a guy would handle unwanted female attention.

CaliforniaGirl

I'm not a guy so pardon my intrusion, but as a woman I have been rejected (if you call it that...it didn't seem that...I don't know, "strong" somehow? If that makes sense?) in a kind way and as the woman I felt fine about it so if a guy has this dilemma, here's what happened...

With one guy, we had been friends for a long time. We started making out at one point...I think we were just lonely. He gently pulled back and gently pushed me back and smiled at me and told me he didn't feel comfortable. That was plenty and it didn't hurt and we remained friends.

Hmm...I just said it was a couple of times but...now I can't remember what the other/others might have been? Maybe my mind is trying to broaden the issue. :D Okay, so...in that case: for that one time...it was gentle and I was fine with it. The making out was unexpected anyway, TBH. It just sort of..."happened." We would not have been the right match.

• Author
I don't know...

Is there such a thing?

Yes there is. There are males that will not say a thing, will even be smiling as its happening, then tell people that they were so afraid to tell you to stop.

Just like women, some men will address the problem head on and say they're not interested or otherwise preoccupied, and some will simply avoid whenever possible. Avoiding is usually less messy. Now, if this has gone on long enough and the infringer hasn't taken the hint or has kept it up despite being told no, or despite being avoided, then the man being hit on will begin to feel like a victim and get angry and might do anything to make his point.

thefooloftheyear

Afraid?? Never...

Ive had unwelcome women grab body parts, where if I did the same to them, I would be sitting in Riker's Island right now...

I have no issue turning them away...Most women that are that ballsy I would never have any interest in, and most aren't all that good looking, IMO...

TFY

Ok guys,

Have you ever been afraid (and when I say "afraid", I mean it) to turn down a woman's advances?

I mean, if she was your boss...I get it, maybe.

But otherwise, wouldn't you speak up?

Would you "assume" she'd pick up on hints you were dropping? And, let's say she's probably not picking up on those hints...wouldn't you think that at some point you would just tell her "no"?

And let's say she puts her arm around you. If you didn't like it, what would you do? Would you sit there, marinate in it then address it with her later? Would you handle it in the moment (i.e. remove her arm...and, you don't even have to be rude or abrupt about it).

Just curious how a guy would handle unwanted female attention.

I have turn down women.. but people classify me as not typical lol

Edited by Sweetfish

Turned down as 'rejected'?

I remember a poster here saying (jokingly that is) that any hole was a goal.

Not for me. If she's terribly unattractive or I am not interested in her personality. It happened yes.

If it makes the women feel any better, I've been rejected far more than the other way round. That's saying a lot, for someone who rarely if ever approach or ask women out, IRL I mean.

Yes, on a work front, we had had complaints that derived from men who felt that they were being harassed by women who would not take no or felt uncomfortable in getting them to stop. Like women, some people are more obtuse than others, some are more assertive than others. So yes there are some men who the woman thought was very happy to flirt with them, engage with them, etc. when in fact they were not.