Scale of 1-10 how would you rate your love life so far in life?

I've had 2's and I've had 10's. And I had a failed marriage where I did not want sex with my partner.

How do I quantify this?

• Author
I've had 2's and I've had 10's. And I had a failed marriage where I did not want sex with my partner.

How do I quantify this?

Average it as best you can

Well, I've had one relationship that lasted three months, been on dates with a few girls that never went anywhere, some other pointless crushes, had a bad case of oneitis that lasted throughout my late teens into my early twenties, and haven't had sex in six years. I'd say a 2 would be appropriate. If it weren't for that one short relationship it would be a 1. On the bright side at least I'm finally OK and not so miserable being single now.

How 'bout an: 0.000001:p

I've had great sex, so I guess that's why I can do for droughts without getting any cuz it's like once you've had "steak", why settle for "hamburger"?

Romance wise? Eh, I've had some nice times with guys and been to nice places - and my last FWB won my heart with recognizing that I loved having fresh flowers brought. So, can't complain there either.

Dating? Oh gosh, that is the place I can honestly say it sucks.:mad::sick::mad: Online is full of fakes and flakes. And, online/offline dating isn't fun anymore. It's like a chore, like an interview....there was a time you go out with a guy, have a nice evening over food/drinks (without limiting it to drinks/coffee so that you could escape if he sucks) and if you two don't kick it off - no hard feelings cuz you both had a nice time). And, thanks to all the "progressive" poop, gender bending, and women's movement - people lack basic courtesy. Men no longer wanna court women - quite frankly, they are like childish brutes. They expect you to "serve" them w/o even coming right to you - when there was a time that a guy couldn't even ASK you on a date without proving himself to your father.

Also, putting "modern" dating aside, I have no game. Women who are manipulators and game players blow me by and get the guy. I'm too nice and giving.

Lastly, it's like the inmates are running the asylum now a days. A fit woman with me - who has her stuff together is a turn off for guys. A woman who is lazy, dumb, and a burden on him makes him feel like a "man". Thing sadly is, the "men" out there now a days don't know what it takes to be a "man" and worst, don't even know what a good woman should be either. They are looking for a "partner", a "roommate" to help them pay half of their bills and dump their kids off in daycare - who is happy to eat fast food with them and waste away on a couch. Women like me and men who want us are a dying breed.

Edited by Gloria25

I'd say a 10! Fir someone that struggles with anxiety, I'd say I've had a full and rich romantic life so far. A bit of a late bloomer, but I can honestly say I've loved every woman I've had a relationship with, and have experienced the full gamut of emotions that relationships bring. So total 10!!

A 2/3. I've had terrible luck with picking people.

I've dated quite a few people but they all flopped. I had one serious relationship and that ended HORRIBLY. Overall, sex has been just satisfactory. Nothing mind-blowing.

If anything, the only bright side is that I've learned what I don't like. Hopefully now I can pull something more positive into my life.

thefooloftheyear

Also, putting "modern" dating aside, I have no game. Women who are manipulators and game players blow me by and get the guy. I'm too nice and giving.

Lastly, it's like the inmates are running the asylum now a days. A fit woman with me - who has her stuff together is a turn off for guys. A woman who is lazy, dumb, and a burden on him makes him feel like a "man". Thing sadly is, the "men" out there now a days don't know what it takes to be a "man" and worst, don't even know what a good woman should be either. They are looking for a "partner", a "roommate" to help them pay half of their bills and dump their kids off in daycare - who is happy to eat fast food with them and waste away on a couch. Women like me and men who want us are a dying breed.

I don't know how old you are, G25, and I wont ask, but Id only agree with you for folks that are under.......30-35..Above that and there are a lot of guys that fit your criteria to a T....Why you aren't finding or connecting with them confounds me....It could be a lot of things, but its not as bad as you are making it out to be...Hang in there, I guess..

TFY

• Like 1
I don't know how old you are, G25, and I wont ask, but Id only agree with you for folks that are under.......30-35..Above that and there are a lot of guys that fit your criteria to a T....Why you aren't finding or connecting with them confounds me....It could be a lot of things, but its not as bad as you are making it out to be...Hang in there, I guess..

TFY

If the men you speak of exist, they must be under a rock. I'm trying though, I'm trying...

• Like 1

I'd say a 6.

I've been a little unlucky in love and sometimes I haven't given myself the opportunity to get to know a good guy but I'm working on sorting out trust issues and increasing my assertiveness in relationships. I don't want what's happened in the past to give me a victim complex. Everything that hasn't gone well I have learned from. Also if it had gone perfectly, I wouldn't have learned so much or become the person I am.

• Like 1

0. The quality of eligible people to date in my area is 0. Okay, fine, maybe 1 or 2 but yeah, all I see are narcissists, shallow and not willing to commit. Everyone is looking for their Prince Charming or their Beauty Queen. Everyone is looking for the best, so even if people date, once they see someone "better" off they go!

I've been trying to stop myself from being attracted with anyone, and I just found out that this can't be done at all. I've been getting close to this guy for about 6 months and I am so sure (at least I thought) that I just see him as a friend. But last night, I found out that he has a GF and I shouldn't be bothered by it but I am surprised that I felt so sad, and extreme jealousy for the girl, which I have to admit, really surprised me.

So I guess, my learning is that I can't stop falling for someone, but I guess I don't need to expect me or that person to end of being together long-term. Statistics and LS shows that people's feelings have expiration dates and I should juts go with the flow.

I can't recall a time when I was ever dissatisfied with my love life. Even when I was single it was because I wanted to be.

My girlfriend is incredible. I used to have this dream back in the day where I'd be driving in a car with a woman and everything would just feel right. And I'd wake up with this amazing feeling of peace and contentment. Sometimes when we're just goofing around and my girlfriend puts on that big smile of hers I get that feeling.

So I guess that would count as a 10.

• Like 3
Blackened Heart

I would definitely put my love life so far on a high 9. I have been through a lot of crap and heart break, have risen hell through multiple dating and misunderstood one night stands, not to mention the countless failure of trying. But on the opposite end I have experienced many things very few get to do, have traveled to several different countries, had very deep, emotional connections over the silliest things and most definitely have had euphoric state of mind in sexual encounters.

At my current state of emotions and mind, I am enjoying my singlehood while having fun with friends and doing the casual thing. All the scrapes and scars I have from past relationships has shaped my mind in knowing what I want in a relationship, when I am ready to pursue one again. What I hold and value most now when entering one is my own sanity. Meaning when I pursue a woman, I want it to be a strong woman, one who is independent, is already taking care of herself, and knows how to be appreciative of a man while at the same time unwilling to just roll over and take my crap.

I don't want to have to ever deal with a woman that needs "saving" or constant reassurance, I am done with that crap. If I am with someone, it is because they make me happy and I make them laugh, and vise versa ;)

• Like 1

I've had a super exciting roller coaster ride.

I have had many different scenarios.

I have had electric chemistry, no chemistry and average chemistry and 7/10 chemistry.

I have been super attracted to men initially, only to loose all attraction to them a date or two later :lmao::confused: This is largely attributed to the fact I have been desperate for a big love despite only wanting the actual FEELING rather than really wanting to be in a relationship.

I have had men start out super attracted to me, only to loose all attraction and even find me downright ugly:confused:

I find it all fascinating; do men really want any hole lol, to the extent where they pretend to feel intense attraction and get hard and very convincingly FEIGN sexual attraction? I thought men only did that to universally very unattractive women. I am not universally attractive but I have some nice features and only really one bad feature so I am so perplexed as to why a few men acted legit hot and heavy and honey only to disappear.......

I think I am not that bad looking where a men would DO that?! I like to think they were legit attracted and I am not the type of girl that men need to fake attraction towards :sick:

So that above facet of dating, online dating in particular, was detrimental if not for the fact it made me stronger. There ARE men out there who actually think I am an ugly loser and who had to possibly pretend to be into me when they really found me plain or unattractive :(

More often then not, I have experienced amazing highs more than the lows.......

My dating life has been very exciting though which suits the kind of person I am. I would not have enjoyed early monogramy and settling down in my twenties.

I consider myself lucky in that I experienced two great proper loves where we both loved in the way in which two people should. We had both chemistry and got along well. But as I developed into who I am I found I was simply not compatible with my first love.

He was the lesson that taught me that chemistry is not enough. It literally died if you are not at all compatible. Even good compatibility kills chemistry. You need to be VERY compatible in order to last long long term.....

All in all, an eight or nine. Out of ten. I got to experience true loves, three year relationships of fake love and a one year relationship of fake love but for a differing reasons from the three year loveless relationship. I consider anyone who got to experience true love, a couple of long term relationships and some electrically charged flings, as VERY LUCKY PEOPLE.

I am currently experiencing the high chemistry without the anxious anxiety of does he like me enough, will he call etc..... been the first time in over ten years.

I am now learning new lessons. On top of the circus of a love life where I already felt I had seen it all:lmao:

I am changing my score to a 9; I have found that I am not a relationship person but have managed to find a guy worth trying for despite the big love feeling not being sustainable 24/7.

I am thrilled I have learnt to think before I act! I was purely hedonistic before. Now I have aquired some experience I know not to throw what I have away despite deep down being the type who thrives and craves male attention and hot flings and new chemistry and none of the crappy relationship issues.

I have learnt that hot chemistry with someone highly compatible is worth keeping. Especially when they are a kind and generous person.

Being into the sole childfree travel filled lifestyle as much as I am, I love that my excitement filled prior love life has taught me to hold into my BF. After all, chances are it may not be as exciting as I imagine and after one too many hot flings who don't feel crazy about me or adore me, I would wind up feeling hollow and seeking exactly what I have now.

So the seven or eight out of ten lovelife is now leading me into the nine territory as it has taught me the grass isn't greener and how great my love and boyfriend is compared to what else I can get out there.

I am hoping the nine will progress to a ten as I get more and more happy with the idea of lasting love rather than cheap thrills.

I had some hot flings with super nice guys who were great in bed and with whom I loved hanging with yet truly, it wasn't all it is hyped up to be and none of them were as satisfying as sex with the boyfriend.

I would definitely put my love life so far on a high 9. I have been through a lot of crap and heart break, have risen hell through multiple dating and misunderstood one night stands, not to mention the countless failure of trying. But on the opposite end I have experienced many things very few get to do, have traveled to several different countries, had very deep, emotional connections over the silliest things and most definitely have had euphoric state of mind in sexual encounters.

At my current state of emotions and mind, I am enjoying my singlehood while having fun with friends and doing the casual thing. All the scrapes and scars I have from past relationships has shaped my mind in knowing what I want in a relationship, when I am ready to pursue one again. What I hold and value most now when entering one is my own sanity. Meaning when I pursue a woman, I want it to be a strong woman, one who is independent, is already taking care of herself, and knows how to be appreciative of a man while at the same time unwilling to just roll over and take my crap.

I don't want to have to ever deal with a woman that needs "saving" or constant reassurance, I am done with that crap. If I am with someone, it is because they make me happy and I make them laugh, and vise versa ;)

Sounds like me just before I met my partner. I had so much heart break but equal part amazing excitement :bunny: I knew what I didn't and didn't want and new to avoid relationships for the around reqsons such as lonleyness or hornyness:lmao:

Just as I learnt that I would thrive on the single lifestyle, I met him when I didn't need him lol. He funnily enough, had also literally just told himself the night prior " I am truly content with being forever single " :lmao:

Unfortunately we both have soooooo many personal issues but we have an uncanny ability to both push each other to learn to be with them in a better way.

You sound like you are in a good place to handle heartbreak or meet someone special.

If and when you do, I hope you know that the fun filled events of your last were great but not worth giving up true love for:) things always seem great fun in theory (and they were at the time!) but yeah, chances are the past is better in retrospect and things wouldn't really be better if you ditch a girl for it.

Having had a 9 of a love life similar to mine, it can sometimes put us in a good position of having got it out of our systems and knowing a few important lessons.

Honest 8

One boring wife years ago.

But the others were premium grade A

Mental stability? Another story...

The crazy ones are the best in bed but it costs you in other ways.

• Like 1

I assume when you say love life - you mean sex life.

Overall - a 4.

I take close to half the blame - bad choices, timid approach, incompatible/outdated views on sex vs love, not cutting my losses early and running, and more.

Then again at least half is not my fault- I have had some difficult life losses that would knock any man down, I have had too many lying cheating unhealthy partners, and barriers to overcome in dating.

But on the bright side, my kids love me, and many people respect and appreciate me as a man and person, and I have a mostly comfortable secure life, good career, and a few nice life experiences.

Can't have it all i guess.... but some consistent decent sex (say 7 out of 10) would have been good.

Edited by dichotomy

This is one of those things where averages just don't describe the topic well. If you had 2 relationships in life and one was a devastating failure and the other the fulfilling relationship of your dreams, calling your score a 5 would not reflect reality well.

• Like 3

I don’t know if I could put a number on it. If I could post a graph would start out high with slow decline in both marriages. Post marriages dating/relationships started high with big or steep declines kinda like stock market crashes! :)

• Like 1

I suppose I would give my “love life” an 8 or a 9. I have been pretty lucky I suppose, it seems like the right man has always been there at the right time. I have never had a bad break up, or my heart trampled on.

There was my first boyfriend – I was a sophomore in high school. He was smart, fun, caring, I feel like he set the stage for what I expected in a relationship. Looking back, I realize the way he treated me (and took my V card) was quite admirable. In ways be was mature beyond his years. I was his friend and partner, and he was mine. We didn’t fight and struggle, but rather worked together. We could talk about anything, and he had a way of making me feel comfortable and secure so I could. He was a bit older, we grew apart and went separate ways after he graduated.

Then my late high school BF – again, a really bright caring guy that I had a blast with. We had all kinds of adventures, explored sex even more, said the first “I love yous” - our relationship spanned our 18th year, and in many ways was a metaphor for our progress into adulthood. Again, moves for colleges caused us both to go our separate ways – but that point we had started to drift, we were growing and changing, and not the kids we were when we first met.

Off to college, I was a kid in a candy shop! Lots of young hot guys to choose from, and at that point, all I wanted was fun. I dated a few guys here and there. Never got “deep” but look back at each fondly. Then I had my FWB that lasted about 2 years. In many ways that was a life changing relationship for me. Able to explore sex in ways I didn’t imagine, and had a level of open and frank communication that really appealed to me.

Soon after that – met my now husband. Sure we have had some trials and tribulations, but all and all, I am SO very grateful that he is a part of my life, and he feels the same way. He’s my best friend, my world in many ways.

All and all, I have never been single when I didn’t want to be. A man has never been abusive, or mean, or demeaning to me. I feel like those who I have shared my life with have treated me with the utmost care and respect, and I have tried to do the same.

I think my lack of bad experiences has resulted in being pretty bold, and going after what I want.

I can’t point to anything I would say has been missing. I have found fulfillment in my sex life, in my level of intimacy, in my partner….