Do you know people who must CONSTANTLY talk about their SO?????

I am a member of a forum that is dedicated to a lowcarb lifestyle. One of our forums is an off topic general discussion forum. One thing that bothers me is why there is so much discussion about SO's, specifically by the women.

I am wondering if you all see this elsewhere...people that must constantly talk about their SO. Everyday it's 'post a pic of your sexy hubby', or 'what sweet things did your husband say to you today?', and 'guess what my sweet husband/boyfriend/fiance said to me today!" WTF cares?

Now, this isn't everyone, but it's enough to make me wonder. At first I thought I was just jealous. ANd while I still may be jealous, I do think I have a valid argument. Those that don't yap day in and day out about their SO's, I don't get annoyed with when they DO post something. It's those that don't seem to exist outside of their relationship that drive me to drink.

I am wondering if its because it's a weight loss site, if its a way for women who are slimming down but still overweight to give themselves a self esteem lift... sort of a badge they wear that says 'see, even though I have weight issues I have someone that loves me, na na na na na na...."

I dunno. I think it's mostly me, and partly them, but at least partly them. Like I said, those that don't shove it in your face, I don't get annoyed with.

WithOrWithoutYou

LOL, a forum where people mostly come to talk about their relationships with their SO, or lack thereof, is an interesting place to post such a question... :D

And yes, to answer your question, I do know such people, even in the real world, who seem to do that constantly without reason, and it can be annoying. Your theories about why the people at that other board post such things seem reasonable.

Now since I'm posting, let me ask your opinon about this girl... JUST KIDDING. ;)

• Author

*snort*

I think it's different here... because relationship is the express and sole purpose of this forum. The other forum is not. It just seems to come out alot.

well CURVYGURL, the reality is that like it or not many women's lives revolved around their man. So it is a big part of their lives. I put these people iin the same category as the ones who like to talk about their damn kids all day long. :p

I know of someone that talks about their s/o alot. They aren't a member of a forum or anything as far as talking about them there. However, its my preacher. I love him to pieces and hes a great person and lots of people think alot of him and his family. However, he puts his family up on a pedastool, especially the wife. I don't find anything wrong with it and its probably because hes proud of them because he didn't have the best homelife coming up. I do have to say though, that even though there might not be anything wrong with it, it can get annoying sometimes..lol

I have also heard that sometimes people that brag or talk alot about themselves or family, s/o, SOMETIMES its not that way at all. Meaning things aren't always what they seem to be and people feel the need to mask what it is that may or may not be true. Hard to say if his family life is truly the way he claims it to be. My guess is, it probably is. :D

Jade

• Author

It's like the girl at work, everytime there is a conversation, her contribution starts with 'my boyfriend Danny'. "My boyfriend Danny has a Xerox copier at work,too. My boyfriend Danny gets these kinds of pens at Office Depot, too. My boyfriend Danny says that >insert whatever Danny said <. Guess what? Last night my boyfriend Danny...."

STFU, woman!

Fallen_Angel
Originally posted by alphamale

well CURVYGURL, the reality is that like it or not many women's lives revolved around their man. So it is a big part of their lives. I put these people in the same category as the ones who like to talk about their damn kids all day long. :p

:lmao: Thank you Alpha!

Ok, I know I have no room to talk. I don't have kids. But I still feel awkward...lots of nodding & yeahs & uh huhs. I'm the youngest person at work, so I guess it goes with the territory.

Oh I have a female friend who constantly talks about how fabulous her man is, and its not just me who notices she does it too much. Its actually been a running joke everytime we meet up. We want to know how our friend is doing not him!

I dont mind it on forums but I just hate it in person.